Most Virginians support third trimester abortion if mother's life is at risk, poll finds

I doubt that. Especially coming from WP.
The Washington Post poll is inaccurate because USMB conservative nicknames from a message board say so and give each other "than you" ratings. What better proof than that!

59% support, 35% oppose.

Conservatives have been very confident lately that attacking VA Democratic politicians based on this issue is a winner for Republicans.

Surprise surprise.

It's the opposite.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c25fda-3077-11e9-86ab-5d02109aeb01_story.html

That's common sense and easy to believe. What sane person wouldn't put the mother's life first?!

Lots of them. Me for one.

Any mother who would kill a healthy, full/near full term, apparently healthy child just to save their own skin is a pathetic coward to me.

No decent mother would EVER do that.

Why? Because to decent mothers - their child's life is worth more to them than their own life...by MILES.

Again, I support abortions before there is brain activity.
But in the third trimester? If the child appears healthy? Not a chance in hell.
And I am not religious AT ALL or a conservative. I just believe in honor over self-preservation.

Have a nice day.
that's simply utter bull shit...

and a made up scenario that simply does not happen.

And it has always been, if BOTH lives are at stake, the mother's life takes precedent, unless she is willing to have the Doctors KILL HER in order to save the baby.

And usually the husband, and the other children she has to rear and take care of come in to play...

She can always have another baby with her husband, if she lives.

I have never heard of a scenario where only the mother's life is at stake and the baby is all healthy?

Any conditions placed on this, even if the life of the mother is in danger, would be completely arbitrary since there's no case to be made for self defense, since the process is completely passive
I agree with nearly everything except this, although you are right even here 99.9% of the time.

In 2016 someone important in my life died of complications from celiac disease. As time went on, her body became less and less able to absorb nutrients. First calcium, then potassium, then b-12 and on it went.

She died of heart disease because of this problem with this electrolyte balance.

I never asked her for detailes because it was a difficult subject but I know she did have an abortion in the past and the pregnancy took years off her own life.

She was warned during the time I knew her that getting pregnant would kill her.

She was a rare exception, but it does happen. For the vast majority though, IT IS AN EXCUSE.

Still, THE RIGHT TO LIFE, and THE RIGHT OF SELF DEFENSE are the foundational principles here. All beings created by God, have the right to live and defend their own right to live.

This woman, I believe, was one of those RARE exceptions that FEW ever have to make.
In that case, the initiation of force would still be on those terminating the child. I can only see exceptions in cases where, if action is not taken, BOTH would die, in which case you're saving a life where two would be lost if action is not taken.

59% support, 35% oppose.

Conservatives have been very confident lately that attacking VA Democratic politicians based on this issue is a winner for Republicans.

Surprise surprise.

It's the opposite.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...c25fda-3077-11e9-86ab-5d02109aeb01_story.html

That's common sense and easy to believe. What sane person wouldn't put the mother's life first?!

Lots of them. Me for one.

Any mother who would kill a healthy, full/near full term, apparently healthy child just to save their own skin is a pathetic coward to me.

No decent mother would EVER do that.

Why? Because to decent mothers - their child's life is worth more to them than their own life...by MILES.

Again, I support abortions before there is brain activity.
But in the third trimester? If the child appears healthy? Not a chance in hell.
And I am not religious AT ALL or a conservative. I just believe in honor over self-preservation.

Have a nice day.
that's simply utter bull shit...

and a made up scenario that simply does not happen.

And it has always been, if BOTH lives are at stake, the mother's life takes precedent, unless she is willing to have the Doctors KILL HER in order to save the baby.

And usually the husband, and the other children she has to rear and take care of come in to play...

She can always have another baby with her husband, if she lives.

I have never heard of a scenario where only the mother's life is at stake and the baby is all healthy?
Yeah, just throw away people, others can be born. It's not as though each and every one is a separate and complete human who cannot be replaced.

You're advocating that people take dominion over the life of someone they don't know, with no consent, and then murder them in cold blood. This is inherently unethical whether your God, the Government, deems that individuals can do it or not. Each and every time this occurs, a unique and complete person, with a unique DNA sequence, is killed. That person will never get the choice to live their life.

I hope the irony of your username isn't lost on you.

59% support, 35% oppose.

Surprise surprise.

It's the opposite.

Of course they do. Most people in America do.

Which is why conservatives have to lie about what late term abortions are and why they are necessary.

They just lie through their teeth thinking no one will bother to get the honest facts. They expect everyone to be as lazy as they are.

59% support, 35% oppose.

Surprise surprise.

It's the opposite.
The mother's life is not at risk after the child is born and the infanticide left kills the baby.
They don’t necessarily need a political affiliation to kill their own child after birth.

Forum List

Back