Most Virginians support third trimester abortion if mother's life is at risk, poll finds

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Centrista, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Centrista

Centrista VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Kat

Kat USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,602
    I doubt that. Especially coming from WP.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. McRocket

McRocket BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,697
    If I had a pregnant wife. And she was in the third trimester and the baby appeared healthy. But the doctor said that if she did not abort the child, she would die?
    If she aborted the child - I would divorce her the first second I could. I would be SO disgusted with her.

Any decent mother would gladly give up her life for her child. My mother would have for certain. I would end my life for my child...in a millisecond.

We are not talking about an embryo here. And I am for abortions before there is brain activity.

We are talking about a baby who could live without the mother...perhaps a child who is full term (or nearly).

To murder a healthy, full term child to save your own life...you are a pathetic loser in my eyes. I care not what the circumstances are.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  4. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,237
    In reality if it was a healthy baby, healthy mom, third trimester and the delivery was dangerous the solution is easy. Carry the child to term and have a c section.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,746
    Riveting. Even assuming this information is accurate, less than 1% of pregnancies endanger the mother, the recent abortion legislation doesn't require that the mother's life be in danger, and a poll revealing 'majority support' doesn't make something ethical.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lakhota

Lakhota Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,059
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. McRocket

McRocket BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,697
    Really.

'This news just in, the latest polls show most Americans support rape. In light of this, the Supreme Court has just ruled that rape is now legal in America'.

Riiiight.

It does not matter how many people support third-term abortions.

They are disgusting...period.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,746
    I concur. Abortion is clearly unethical, and all arguments to the contrary have been thoroughly and easily refuted.

They can't argue that it's not alive, because even sperm is alive.

They can't argue that it's the mother's body, because at the moment of conception, it's a completely separate and unique individual with a different DNA sequence.

They can't argue that it's not a human, because it cannot be anything else but human.

They cannot argue that it's 'just a clump of cells" because everyone is made of cells.

They can't argue that it's self defense, because the act of being born is passive, as every involved party doing nothing will neither cause nor prevent the pregnancy, it develops naturally with no influence, while terminating the baby's life is an active position, on an innocent person, which infringes on their individual rights and ends their life. It's QUITE provably murder. In ALL cases it's the unjustified ending of an individual's life.

I'm pretty sure the only reason some people continue to ignore these facts is because they're emotionally attached to their position. Well, or they're shills in some cases.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  9. McRocket

McRocket BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,697
    Lots of them. Me for one.

Any mother who would kill a healthy, full/near full term, apparently healthy child just to save their own skin is a pathetic coward to me.

No decent mother would EVER do that.

Why? Because to decent mothers - their child's life is worth more to them than their own life...by MILES.

Again, I support abortions before there is brain activity.
    But in the third trimester? If the child appears healthy? Not a chance in hell.
    And I am not religious AT ALL or a conservative. I just believe in honor over self-preservation.

Have a nice day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. McRocket

McRocket BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,697
    Well, I am afraid I do not agree completely. I am for abortion (though I do not like it) before there is brain activity (say 10 weeks).

But after that - I am not.

And during the third trimester? That is just flat out disgusting. The second the child can live without the mother...to terminate that child is murder...pure and simple.

But I do largely agree with your thoughts on it.

BTW, I like your choice of font color, as well. Refreshing.