Most US Companies avoid paying income tax

Look at what your party has done to the economy and say we are stupid.

Thank you for Econ 101 retard. So is the solution that Corporations should never pay taxes because if we tax them, they'll just pass on the costs to us consumers? Well then don't buy their fucking products. Then they'll lower their prices to a level that you can afford.

What is it that you just have to have that you will pay whatever they ask? Dildo's?

You guys are funny. Income tax started out as being something companies paid. It is unconstitutional to tax individuals income. Yet somehow they convinced you that it is not good to tax the corporations and it is patriotic to pay income tax. They won. We lost. We can't win with guys like you on our team.

so why even bring it up simpleton....

Anyways, now you know that you are full of shit. Corporations are not paying their fair share of taxes. They can show you all their fuzzy math, but in the end, Corporations are not paying enough in taxes. That means you are shouldering more of the burden, dummy.

Wrong as usual. You think we have businesses fleeing now, try taxing them as much as you seem to think we should, all of them will leave that can and the rest will file bankruptcy. You are as stupid as they come.

Unlike the rest of us, most U.S. corporations and foreign companies doing business in the United States pay no federal income tax, according to a new report from Congress. The study by the Government Accountability Office, expected to be released Tuesday, said two-thirds of U.S. corporations paid no federal income taxes between 1998 and 2005, and about 68 percent of foreign companies doing business in the U.S. avoided corporate taxes over the same period.

news feeds | The Daily Scare
Corporate bailouts and subsidies just haven't been enough, it seems.

What do you pay on your personal yearly profit?

Do you get to take all of the same deductions as them for rent, and heat and electric and gasoline to and from and what you purchase daily, to come out with only 10% or your gross income being taxable?

I think not....

Care

Yet they are paying taxes in more ways thru the conducting of business...

if you or I would show a loss after mortgage interest and other deductions, we would pay nothing either

I do get deductions, and loopholes, etc where I am paying on only a portion of my income... I take advantage of it because it is in the tax code... but as stated many times before.. I would prefer flax tax on income with only the most basic of deductions, simplifying the system, and going to an absolute flat tax rate that does not punish for earning one amount or another...

Yeah... damn those oil companies for only paying 2.5 times their profits in taxes... it should be MORE :rolleyes:

The corporations pay a crapload of taxes....

And it is ridiculous to hear you screaming about 'fair' share... all the while promoting a punishment system of taxation to be used for wealth redistribution, instead of a fair, equal burden% tax system :cuckoo:

And for those who are trying to base corporate taxation on sales stats... you have to realize that even with a billion dollars in sales, the company could be running at a loss... and on top of that, thru business transactions, purchases, etc, that corporation running at a loss is still paying into the tax system

According to GAO, you are wrong. Most aren't paying any taxes.

And yes, Ford & GM are operating at a loss. Why? Because their executives have multi million dollar salaries. Even mid level HR people are making $200K plus bonus'.

No wonder they operate at a loss. Making cars is just an excuse to do business. Screw the stakeholders/shareholders. What's important is that the CEO makes $20 million plus this year.

Bow down to your corporate masters if you want, bow to them!

princess_bride_boo.jpg

BOO!!!

:eusa_clap:
if they pay less of the tax burden, with the over spending of Congress, WE STILL END UP PAYING MORE, no? Either way we are screwed to paying more in taxes imo....?

At one time, Corporate taxes collected were equal to income taxes collected from the people...

I believe that Corporations are down to paying less than 15% of the total tax burden when they were paying 50% of the tax burden, while income tax was the other 50%....?

If their tax burden is reduced then our tax burden is raised, period....

so 6 or 1/2 dozen is the same...we pay more either way....

at least with the Corporate tax, ONLY THOSE buying what the corporation sells is paying higher taxes that the corporation passes along to their customer and not all of us in the USA that do not buy their product....that seems MORE FAIR to me?

Exactly! They don't get that the rich are taking advantage of the system and they certainly don't understand how that shifts the tax burden on to THEM.

So keep feeling sorry for those poor rich people while you suffer. LOL.

And yes, Ford & GM are operating at a loss. Why? Because their executives have multi million dollar salaries. Even mid level HR people are making $200K plus bonus'.

No wonder they operate at a loss. Making cars is just an excuse to do business. Screw the stakeholders/shareholders. What's important is that the CEO makes $20 million plus this year.

Which make you wonder what kind of tax breaks CEOs get.

Wrong as usual. You think we have businesses fleeing now, try taxing them as much as you seem to think we should, all of them will leave that can and the rest will file bankruptcy. You are as stupid as they come.

Then they can't do business in the United States. Or we tariff them if they try to import.

Listen to Obama. Yes We Can!

You are so negative, and wrong.

And please go with them when they leave. Where will they/you go?

Yet they are paying taxes in more ways thru the conducting of business...

if you or I would show a loss after mortgage interest and other deductions, we would pay nothing either

I do get deductions, and loopholes, etc where I am paying on only a portion of my income... I take advantage of it because it is in the tax code... but as stated many times before.. I would prefer flax tax on income with only the most basic of deductions, simplifying the system, and going to an absolute flat tax rate that does not punish for earning one amount or another...

What a crock of shit! Your little piss ant deductions. These people are trying to explain to you how Corporations are not paying their fair share and GAO just told you that 2/3rd don't pay any and you want to talk about your own little tax breaks? CRUMBS! The rich get richer and you get dumber.

What a crock of shit! Your little piss ant deductions. These people are trying to explain to you how Corporations are not paying their fair share and GAO just told you that 2/3rd don't pay any and you want to talk about your own little tax breaks? CRUMBS! The rich get richer and you get dumber.

Amazin' ain't it?

Maybe he's being paid under the table to post poppycock. :lol:

Ahh... all about those evil people who earn more than you... it is SO clear now

:rolleyes:

i am sure ford and gm would be happy to only have lost only $20 - $30 million ...but they ain't and they didn't. there losing billions...which means it is something more than ceo pay. was a good little herring to throw out there though.

are you wanting every corporation no matter whether they made money or lost money to pay income tax? you keep talking about 2/3 of corps don't pay income tax and do not put it into context of whether the company made any money.

there were 1.3 million corps and 2/3 lost money where they did not have to pay tax. of the 1.3 million only ~14,000 were large corps of which 25% (3,600) did not pay taxes...according to the gao study. are you advocating some sort of national sales tax or flat tax?

i am sure ford and gm would be happy to only have lost only $20 - $30 million ...but they ain't and they didn't. there losing billions...which means it is something more than ceo pay. was a good little herring to throw out there though.

are you wanting every corporation no matter whether they made money or lost money to pay income tax? you keep talking about 2/3 of corps don't pay income tax and do not put it into context of whether the company made any money.

there were 1.3 million corps and 2/3 lost money where they did not have to pay tax. of the 1.3 million only ~14,000 were large corps of which 25% (3,600) did not pay taxes...according to the gao study. are you advocating some sort of national sales tax or flat tax?

yes, our economy is quite complicated...the corporations have us by the balls...anyone who thinks that the magical mystical obama tour is going to save us from that is living in fairy tale la la land.

Exxon Mobil has already paid $19.828 billion in income taxes for 2008, and will probably pay close to $40 billion in income taxes by the year'd end.

By contrast, the bottom 50% of taxpayers will pay an estimated $34 billion in income taxes this year. In fact, this will probably be the first time in U.S. history that a single corporation paid more in income taxes than the entire bottom 50% of U.S. taxpayers.

Exxon Mobil has already paid $19.828 billion in income taxes for 2008, and will probably pay close to $40 billion in income taxes by the year'd end.

By contrast, the bottom 50% of taxpayers will pay an estimated $34 billion in income taxes this year. In fact, this will probably be the first time in U.S. history that a single corporation paid more in income taxes than the entire bottom 50% of U.S. taxpayers.

but... but... but... bobo says it's not true and that these evil corporations don't pay taxes.... :oops: :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back