Most US Companies avoid paying income tax

Re the bolded:. False. Competitors also have to pay the new, higher tax as well. The result is that ALL scooters will be more expensive. ALL scooter companies will be raising the price of scooters roughly the same amount. The consumer pays more in order to cover the tax, but the scooter sellers are still competitive with each other.

Until one of the competitors moves his production plant to Mexico or another country where they do business. Then they will have a lower price, how does that work for those with the higher prices? Do you remember what happened when Volkswagon started selling cheap, stripped down cars American's loved! Remember the vase?

Greed. It will be the downfall of us.
How about ignorance? Remember Republicans in 2008 called me stupid for claiming US companies don't pay taxes.

Then once they couldn't deny it they actually argue that they shouldn't pay taxes.

And like free trade they'll point to Obama's economy czar CEO from GE and try to blame liberals for the fact corporations don't pay taxes.

They'll completely forgot they were OK that companies don't pay taxes. They will also forget they approved while they blame liberals. It's impossible to get honesty or intelligence out of a Republican

How about ignorance? Remember Republicans in 2008 called me stupid for claiming US companies don't pay taxes.

Then once they couldn't deny it they actually argue that they shouldn't pay taxes.

And like free trade they'll point to Obama's economy czar CEO from GE and try to blame liberals for the fact corporations don't pay taxes.

They'll completely forgot they were OK that companies don't pay taxes. They will also forget they approved while they blame liberals. It's impossible to get honesty or intelligence out of a Republican

I blame both parties and partisanship for our country sucking it.

Evading taxes isn't the ONLY thing they do either. I have to also say that I get a kick out of all of these retired people who are comfortable collecting their retirement and social security, sitting behind their computers bloviating, who feel that they have any knowledge of what it's like out in the REAL world.

Yup, pretty soon we will ALL be collecting some sort of social services support and there will be only rich people and poor people. Thank your precious corporatocracy. Go kneel down in front of them and suck them off while you're at it.

Evading taxes isn't the ONLY thing they do either. I have to also say that I get a kick out of all of these retired people who are comfortable collecting their retirement and social security, sitting behind their computers bloviating, who feel that they have any knowledge of what it's like out in the REAL world.
Especially when they were fortunate to work when workers got paid well. Now they think we aren't worth what they were paid.

They all believe they'd be valued workers

Re the bolded:. False. Competitors also have to pay the new, higher tax as well. The result is that ALL scooters will be more expensive. ALL scooter companies will be raising the price of scooters roughly the same amount. The consumer pays more in order to cover the tax, but the scooter sellers are still competitive with each other.

Until one of the competitors moves his production plant to Mexico or another country where they do business. Then they will have a lower price, how does that work for those with the higher prices? Do you remember what happened when Volkswagon started selling cheap, stripped down cars American's loved! Remember the vase?

Yes. That is how we outsource and when progressives then try to punish those evil corporations. When high taxes become detrimental, they don't lower taxes. Instead, they demonize avoidance of those taxes while screaming tarrifs are bad. To make US products competitive worldwide, we have to address one or the other ... or a little of both.

Those retired people worked for over 40 years. And they paid in to social security during those years. And they did so with the expectation that they would receive ss when they required to help them live. And for the most part, they are getting enough to live in poverty from ss. If they are getting retirement, they are lucky. Most do not. Because corporations long ago stopped paying retirement.

On ss, the average retired worker makes exactly $1340 per mont. Or just about $16,000 per year. Hardly enough to bloviate about. That puts them well below the poverty level.
The Average American Gets This Much From Social Security. How Do You Compare? -- The Motley Fool

For the few who have pension plans, here are the stats.
Under pension plans of medium and large firms, employees retiring on January 1, 1984, at age 65 after 30 years of service would have received monthly pensions averaging from $385 for those earning $15,000 in 1983 to $886 for those earning $40,000. The corresponding range for employees retiring after 20 years of service was $263 to $623 .
http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/1985/12/art5full.pdf
So something like $500 per month. That brings them up to around $22,000 per year. Hardly enough to bloviate about. Just enough to worry how to pay basic bills with.

Those retired people worked for over 40 years. And they paid in to social security during those years.

and they kept electing Democrats who were wasting the money they paid in; so to prevent moral hazard they should not get the money- from innocents- they allowed Democrats to waste!!

Private accounts to which naturally irresponsible libturd politicians have no access whatsoever is the only answer!! Interestingly, most Americans could retire with $1.4 million if not for liberal politicians, in effect, stealing their estates through SS.

Last edited:

Those retired people worked for over 40 years. And they paid in to social security during those years. And they did so with the expectation that they would receive ss when they required to help them live. And for the most part, they are getting enough to live in poverty from ss. If they are getting retirement, they are lucky. Most do not. Because corporations long ago stopped paying retirement.

On ss, the average retired worker makes exactly $1340 per mont. Or just about $16,000 per year. Hardly enough to bloviate about. That puts them well below the poverty level.
The Average American Gets This Much From Social Security. How Do You Compare? -- The Motley Fool

Under pension plans of medium and large firms, employees retiring on January 1, 1984, at age 65 after 30 years of service would have received monthly pensions averaging from $385 for those earning $15,000 in 1983 to $886 for those earning $40,000. The corresponding range for employees retiring after 20 years of service was $263 to $623 .
So something like $500 per month. That brings them up to around $22,000 per year. Hardly enough to bloviate about. Just enough to worry how to pay basic bills with.

Because corporations long ago stopped paying retirement.

Lmfao

Seriously kid you are stupid.

People who pay into Social Security are not putting that money into a "savings account" for themselves. That money goes to people who are CURRENTLY collecting social security benefits.

Anyways, that wasn't the point. The point is that these people are out of touch with the real working world of today.

Private accounts to which naturally irresponsible libturd politicians have no access whatsoever is the only answer!! Interestingly, most Americans could retire rich with $1.4 million if not for liberal politicians, in effect, stealing their estates through the SS program. Capitalism made us all rich but Democrats stole the money. How sad is that?

People who pay into Social Security are not putting that money into a "savings account" for themselves. That money goes to people who are CURRENTLY collecting social security benefits.

Anyways, that wasn't the point. The point is that these people are out of touch with the real working world of today.
Yes, that is true. It is not an investment program.
As to whether the retirees are out of touch, that is your opinion. But, I am retired, and feel fully in touch. And that is my opinion. And my opinion is that after a good income, trying to live on ue would be impossible, and watching conservatives attack the program is proof that they are shits.

People who pay into Social Security are not putting that money into a "savings account" for themselves.

too bad they are not allowed to do that , then they could retire rich rather than on the dogfood money they get from SS.

Yes, that is true. It is not an investment program.
As to whether the retirees are out of touch, that is your opinion. But, I am retired, and feel fully in touch. And that is my opinion. And my opinion is that after a good income, trying to live on ue would be impossible, and watching conservatives attack the program is proof that they are shits.

Okay, SOME retirees are completely out of touch with how much things have changed since they were in the job market. My point wasn't the social security program. My point is that things have changed a LOT even since I was in my 20s too. Believe me, I know.

There is good greed and bad greed. Without good greed, America would not be the greatest nation the world has ever seen.

Well, the question is always, do people work for the money or for the good the work does. It seems to me most people who get very rich keep working anyway because the work is more meaningful than the money or being a beach vegetable to them. This makes it hard to call them greedy at all.

Steve Jobs, for example, would perhaps write on his tombstone: here lies the man who invented the PC, not, here lies a man who was worth $18 billion.

Last edited:

There is good greed and bad greed. Without good greed, America would not be the greatest nation the world has ever seen.

Well, the question is always, do people work for the money or for the good the work does. It seems to me most people who get very rich keep working anyway because the work is more meaningful than the money or being a beach vegetable to them. This makes it hard to call them greedy at all.

Steve Jobs, for example, would perhaps write on his tombstone: here lies the man who invented the PC, not, here lies a man who was worth $18 billion.

So, why would you suggest paying a person who loves working billions, but those who labor in crap jobs as close to nothing as you can?

Forum List

Back