Most trusted professions: Where do politicians rank? Cops? Bankers? (Douger)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Jan 25, 2011.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    A member here, Douger, made a very disturbing statement on another thread, hinting towards his desire to see more cops killed. Mentioning 2010 as the deadliest year for cops in many years, he stated "2010 was a good start". Very disturbing. But that opinion is the minority: Nurses Shine While Bankers Slump in Ethics Ratings

Police are the 5th Most-Trusted profession, with less than 9% showing little trust. Firemen and Nurses ranked the highest usually on this study. Teachers also. Clergy, ranked below cops at 6th. Politicians, bankers, salesmen ranked very very low.

Anyway, this has been a horrible week for law enforcement, with as many as 20 cops shot in the last 3 days nationwide.

Just wanted to point out that while it seems everyone hates cops lately, that opinion is the minority view, as most citizens trust cops.....even if they do hate the occassional traffic ticket.

So in many ways the cop haters are much like the corrupt cops............both are in the less than 9% minority in their field of peers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,774
    Don't pay any attention to him. He's pond scum. I have noticed the 11 dead cops in one 24 hour period. It is shocking.

3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,755
    Most trusted profession?

1. Hookers
    2. Drug Dealers
    3. Fuel King at the truck stop.
    4. School Crossing Guards
    5. Banjo player at Chuckie Cheese
    6. Lotto machine operator
    7. Bag boy at the grocery store
    8. Vacuum operator at the car wash.
    9. Jocky
    10. Priest

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,042
    Where are engineers and scientists ranked?

I know, high on the left, low on the right.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    It is shocking. It seems cops are literally under attack lately, and it's only gonna get worse I fear. Many, many things contribute to this attitude a few people have that leads them to kill cops. One thread isn't nearly enough to discuss them all. But it's important for cops to remember that a large majority of the American people DO support, respect and admire them and their job: Police Chief Magazine - View Article

It's easy when you see your brothers and sisters in blue being murdered in cold blood to get angry and develop a bitter, "Us vs Them" or revenge attitude. PD's offer counseling for that stuff. But it's very important for cops to remember that 91% of Americans do support them and trust them. Unfortunately, the cops most often interact with the other 9% who hate them.

The best line from any police movie I've ever heard was Righteous Kill, by Al Pacino: "We protect 99% of the people from the other 1%. Problem is, the better job we do, the less the 99% think they need us."

Now, of course, that movie was yet another Hollywood film showing the only true bad guy was a corrupt cop, and their target was a lovable drug dealer. But the quote is still a good one, despite the movie being another portraying a huge falsehood regarding the reality of police work.

6. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Haha, that was a pretty funny one, caught me off guard.

Hey, us on the right rank Carpenters VERY high....if you know what I mean:eusa_angel:

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Actually as professions go Preachers have a very high crime /corruption rate.

I think that survey was overall pretty spot on though.

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Ahh it is easier for Douger to buy cops down there.

9. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210

10. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,700

Douger is an X-American who is running from the law and ran to the Third World.....so you have a tendency to not like cops to much...i would not pay to much attention to his views on Cops....the other theory is he could not handle life in a First World Country so he ran to the Third World hoping to feel superior....either way the guy is a fucking asshole and his post should tell everyone that......