Most Trusted and Least Trusted Media Sources?

Hannity, Limbaugh and Stewart are Opinion and Entertainment shows NOT News Sources. Drudge isn't either.

Prolly the best comment from the dying, dinosaur media was from this old, out of touch idiot, Bob Sheiffer:
Bob Schieffer We Now Don t Know Where People Get Their News CBS DC
"We now don’t know where people get their news"
Hint: They don't get it from YOU.
“It is our job, I think, in mainstream journalism to try to cut through this mall of information and tell people what we think is relevant in what they need to know. That is the job of the journalist and I have to say it’s harder and harder.”
Translation: People aren't buying our Corporate Sponsored Propaganda anymore and are going other places in search of the Truth.
Lawmakers of all stripes and their families used to know each other better but now spend more time in their districts and less time in the capital. Some families never move.
Spending more time in their districts with the people the people who elected them and NOT in Washington being lobbied by Corporate Interests is a BAD thing?

Good riddance to that P.O.S. Bob Shieffer.

I watch the news on the internet. CNN is my home page. It is OK for headline news. I stopped watching FOX because of the yelling and ranting and down right rudeness coming out of Sean Hannity and whoever he was interviewing. All of the "guests" on all the stations are screamers. The women who report the news, regardless of which network, are beautiful and literate, and vaguely insulting to an old warhorse like me. The news is sort of secondary to the daily beauty contest. Now these networks are adding intimate conversation pits for the reporters to get all homey and informal. The beautiful women are brow beating military leaders, political figures, and local police while they interview them. Lots of hype. I'd like to see more substance.

One of the main reasons I like to catch the BBC at 11 pm local time here on PBS LindaVance826.

They've got intelligent reporters who are polite and civil, while still managing to ask hard questions.

Does anybody in the freaking world understand the convoluted graphs? Fox is more than half way downon one graph but it has the biggest trust ratio or maybe it doesn't ....Who the fuk knows?

Does anybody in the freaking world understand the convoluted graphs? Fox is more than half way downon one graph but it has the biggest trust ratio or maybe it doesn't ....Who the fuk knows?

It's for grown ups. Ask your mommy for help.
The problem is that the alleged prog "grownups" post this crap and they don't explain it because they ain't got a clue except that Media Matters thinks it's an issue.

Yanno.....................I trust FAUX Nooze about as much as I trust my ex wife.

Sorry................but Donna was a liar and a thief.

I don't trust those.

Nice try, lazy shit. The study is clear. It basically says that nobody....not even old farts like you....trust the shit coming out of the right wing echo chamber. Hannity, Beck, and the fat druggie are known as bullshit factories by people of all ages. While NPR, the NYT and even MSNBC are considered trustworthy by people of all ages.

Enjoy your little dose of reality, nutbag.

Nice try, lazy shit. The study is clear. It basically says that nobody....not even old farts like you....trust the shit coming out of the right wing echo chamber. Hannity, Beck, and the fat druggie are known as bullshit factories by people of all ages. While NPR, the NYT and even MSNBC are considered trustworthy by people of all ages.

trust is a tough word

im not sure why they "trust" msnbc.

its got an obvious bias...but i guess that doesnt mean they are always looking for on purpose lies as often as fox does so maybe thats why? *shrug*

trust is a tough word

im not sure why they "trust" msnbc.

its got an obvious bias...but i guess that doesnt mean they are always looking for on purpose lies as often as fox does so maybe thats why? *shrug*

That's probably a good take on it. If Maddow is to be used as a barometer, MSNBC's slogan could be "Liberal, Honestly"

The only media I truly trust is what I scan on the internet every morning.

Fox is far fairer than any other but one has to realize which shows report news and which air opinions.

FOX is fair? Are you fucking kidding me?

If the only media you trust is what you scan on the 'net every morning Longknife, then I've got some more news for you..................FOX only cares about the corporations and what big business can do to screw you.

As far as opinions vs. news? MSNBC does a hell of a lot better job reporting news. FOX is only interested in propaganda.

Least trusted. Anyone who has made a dime when reporting the news. 'Aka' anyone you Millennial idiots get your news from.

Quality Vitamins

Everyone likes CNN, and most people respect BBC, although it's not bizarre thinking about why Fox News has gained in following -- Fox has been hot since the late 1990s.

I've been watching more and more of MSNBC, especially since they air the eerie prison-documentary program "Lockup" (44 Blue Productions).

:afro:

Lockup (MSNBC)

ms.jpg

CNN has gone from being a solid news source to being more like Entertainment Tonight.
I tried watching them in the early morning but the want they would go overboard on some stories was more than I could deal with.

I watch the CBS Evening News and shake my head, comparing what they report to what I read on the web.

Forum List

Back