Most Slobbering Media Comments About Obama of 2008-09

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I wanted to post the comments some of the state-run media have given us in their gushing support of the great Obama. This is one of the most memorable from last year. There have been others but this one sticks out the most.
Last night during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech. Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus — described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks:

I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.

Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

Last edited:
Here's another beaut:

The year 2009 might be classified as the year Barack Obama came down to Earth. The latest NBC-Wall Street Journal poll found that 47 percent approve of the job Obama is doing, and 46 percent disapprove. Those are not exactly Messiah numbers.

And that's the big difference between the public and the press. The media do believe he's God.

Evan Thomas of Newsweek has a way of summing it all up. On "Hardball" in June, Thomas explained that while Ronald Reagan was just a "parochial" and "provincial" president of the United States, Obama can lead the whole world. "In a way, Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of God. He's going to bring all different sides together." After the inevitable furor, Thomas said he "wasn't being literal."
A Year of Obama Love - HUMAN EVENTS

And a few more:
ABC's Bill Weir captured the "Coronation of the Messiah Award" when he proclaimed, "Never have so many people shivered so long with such joy. From above, even the seagulls must have been awed by the blanket of humanity."

ABC's Terry Moran took the "Barry's Big Brain Award" for journalists bedazzled by Obama's brilliance when he asserted, "Barack Obama is the first President since George Washington to be taking a step down into the Oval Office. I mean, from visionary leader of a giant movement, now he's got an executive position that he has to perform in, in a way."

Perhaps the media will have to just stick with celebrating his legendary coolness. "The Obamagasm Award for Seeing Coolness in Everything Obama Does" went to the fan club known as MSNBC. John Harwood of CNBC almost glowed when President Obama successfully swatted a fly right in front of him during a TV interview. "It was a, you know, Dirty Harry 'make my day' moment." As if Clint Eastwood would glare at a fly and ask if he felt lucky.

Last edited:
obamahalo1.jpg

Here's another beaut:

The year 2009 might be classified as the year Barack Obama came down to Earth. The latest NBC-Wall Street Journal poll found that 47 percent approve of the job Obama is doing, and 46 percent disapprove. Those are not exactly Messiah numbers.

And that's the big difference between the public and the press. The media do believe he's God.

Evan Thomas of Newsweek has a way of summing it all up. On "Hardball" in June, Thomas explained that while Ronald Reagan was just a "parochial" and "provincial" president of the United States, Obama can lead the whole world. "In a way, Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of God. He's going to bring all different sides together." After the inevitable furor, Thomas said he "wasn't being literal."

And a few more:
ABC's Bill Weir captured the "Coronation of the Messiah Award" when he proclaimed, "Never have so many people shivered so long with such joy. From above, even the seagulls must have been awed by the blanket of humanity."

ABC's Terry Moran took the "Barry's Big Brain Award" for journalists bedazzled by Obama's brilliance when he asserted, "Barack Obama is the first President since George Washington to be taking a step down into the Oval Office. I mean, from visionary leader of a giant movement, now he's got an executive position that he has to perform in, in a way."

Perhaps the media will have to just stick with celebrating his legendary coolness. "The Obamagasm Award for Seeing Coolness in Everything Obama Does" went to the fan club known as MSNBC. John Harwood of CNBC almost glowed when President Obama successfully swatted a fly right in front of him during a TV interview. "It was a, you know, Dirty Harry 'make my day' moment." As if Clint Eastwood would glare at a fly and ask if he felt lucky.

And, does this one look familiar?

"Obama Is Our Smartest President?

November 11, 2008
Historian Michael Beschloss was interviewed Monday on Don Imus’ radio show and he made the claim that President-elect Obama’s IQ is off the charts and that he is the smartest president we have ever had. Here is the meat of the conversation:

Quote:
Historian Michael Beschloss: Yeah. Even aside from the fact of electing the first African American President and whatever one’s partisan views this is a guy whose IQ is off the charts — I mean you cannot say that he is anything but a very serious and capable leader and — you know — You and I have talked about this for years …

Imus: Well. What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: … our system doesn’t allow those people to become President, those people meaning people THAT smart and THAT capable

Imus: What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Pardon?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Uh. I would say it’s probably - he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.

You can find the full audio on the show here. WTKK - Imus In The Morning, 96.9 WTKK, Boston*-*Imus in the Morning guest: Michael Beschloss 11/10/08
You have to fast forward to about 13 minutes in to get the good stuff. So I’m thinking that I would like to know the historian’s IQ. "

Whoever posted this is one smart guy.

Last edited:
Here's another beaut:

And a few more:

And, does this one look familiar?

"Obama Is Our Smartest President?

November 11, 2008
Historian Michael Beschloss was interviewed Monday on Don Imus’ radio show and he made the claim that President-elect Obama’s IQ is off the charts and that he is the smartest president we have ever had. Here is the meat of the conversation:

Quote:
Historian Michael Beschloss: Yeah. Even aside from the fact of electing the first African American President and whatever one’s partisan views this is a guy whose IQ is off the charts — I mean you cannot say that he is anything but a very serious and capable leader and — you know — You and I have talked about this for years …

Imus: Well. What is his IQ?

Historian Michael Beschloss: … our system doesn’t allow those people to become President, those people meaning people THAT smart and THAT capable

Historian Michael Beschloss: Pardon?

Historian Michael Beschloss: Uh. I would say it’s probably - he’s probably the smartest guy ever to become President.

You can find the full audio on the show here. WTKK - Imus In The Morning, 96.9 WTKK, Boston*-*Imus in the Morning guest: Michael Beschloss 11/10/08
You have to fast forward to about 13 minutes in to get the good stuff. So I’m thinking that I would like to know the historian’s IQ. "

Whoever posted this is one smart guy.

An interesting addendum:

"How smart is President Obama? The American Thinker quotes historian Michael Beschloss on Obama's IQ, who "says it is off the charts", while admitting he does not know what it is. One of the reasons republican moderates voted for Obama is because he is "so smart". It is unclear what "smart" really means in politics. I think it is the red herring of politics. Universities are loaded with faculty who are "smart". But 80% are liberal. In politics, policies matter, not technical interpretations of esoteric material; the usual purpose or functionality of high IQ smarts. He attended Occidental/Columbia undergrad and Harvard Law. Bush attended Yale undergrad and Harvard Business School. Bush released his grades and SAT scores (1206 on Verbal and Math--pre-1974--like 1300 today) as did his opponents, Kerry and Gore. Using the "Otis Gamma and Scholastic Aptitude" score, one can infer Bush's IQ to be 130. This places him in about the top 2-3% in the country. This is higher than John Kerry and lower than Al Gore. The latter was a massive underachiever in college.

We do not know Obama's SAT, LSAT, or GPA scores because he won't release them. His Columbia GPA was estimated by the WSJ to be between 1.8 and 3.0 (C- to B) because he did not graduate with honors. He was at the bottom 15% in Occidental. He was in the top 10% at Harvard Law because he graduated "magna cum laude". So we assume he is smart, but how he got into Harvard with that record is peculiar. In any event, he will not release his records. But Beschloss calls him the smartest president ever. That just tells me that Beschloss is the dumbest historian ever. Does this matter? Not his scores. But what does not releasing his academic records tell you about his personality?"
Law of the Bad Premise: Obama's Rocky Mountain High IQ

and where it all began, in Rome, whoops, Denver:

vr93cy.jpg

The Tyrant in Training​

An interesting addendum:

"How smart is President Obama? The American Thinker quotes historian Michael Beschloss on Obama's IQ, who "says it is off the charts", while admitting he does not know what it is. One of the reasons republican moderates voted for Obama is because he is "so smart". It is unclear what "smart" really means in politics. I think it is the red herring of politics. Universities are loaded with faculty who are "smart". But 80% are liberal. In politics, policies matter, not technical interpretations of esoteric material; the usual purpose or functionality of high IQ smarts. He attended Occidental/Columbia undergrad and Harvard Law. Bush attended Yale undergrad and Harvard Business School. Bush released his grades and SAT scores (1206 on Verbal and Math--pre-1974--like 1300 today) as did his opponents, Kerry and Gore. Using the "Otis Gamma and Scholastic Aptitude" score, one can infer Bush's IQ to be 130. This places him in about the top 2-3% in the country. This is higher than John Kerry and lower than Al Gore. The latter was a massive underachiever in college.

We do not know Obama's SAT, LSAT, or GPA scores because he won't release them. His Columbia GPA was estimated by the WSJ to be between 1.8 and 3.0 (C- to B) because he did not graduate with honors. He was at the bottom 15% in Occidental. He was in the top 10% at Harvard Law because he graduated "magna cum laude". So we assume he is smart, but how he got into Harvard with that record is peculiar. In any event, he will not release his records. But Beschloss calls him the smartest president ever. That just tells me that Beschloss is the dumbest historian ever. Does this matter? Not his scores. But what does not releasing his academic records tell you about his personality?"

It means he feels he has something in there to be ashamed of.

It could be something minor...but his ego doesn't allow him to feel in any shape or form to be thought of as inferior.

An interesting addendum:

It means he feels he has something in there to be ashamed of.

It could be something minor...but his ego doesn't allow him to feel in any shape or form to be thought of as inferior.

Or sumpin' to hide.

Perhaps his admission came on the tail of his being such a fine young foreigner.

:eusa_eh:

(Any chance that this will bring all the anti-"birther" kooks outta the woodwork?)

Great thread!

The quite odd media adoration of Obama is unprecedented.

All that Jewish/White Guilt that dominates the media - Obama was their guy and they were going to promote him come hell or high water...

I wanted to post the comments some of the state-run media have given us in their gushing support of the great Obama. This is one of the most memorable from last year. There have been others but this one sticks out the most.
Last night during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech. Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus — described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks:

I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.

Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

Another good one...."Obama is sort of a God"
Newsweek: Obama is God and Great Teacher

Forum List

Back