Most folks here are too partisan and dishonest to examine their own belief system

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Most want to win an argument rather than expand understanding. Most want to persuade, but are unwilling to be persuaded. Most of the content on this forum isn't worth reading, let alone responding. Fortunately, there are some very good posters that give smart analysis and insights. It would be nice if there was a sub-forum on a ''by invite'' only and made up of the best posters.

I've found the same to be true on every forum I've ever seen. Most folks are completely closed-minded. A handful offer interesting conversation. There are really very few people using these forums; it's probably a lot of the same people everywhere.

Most want to win an argument rather than expand understanding. Most want to persuade, but are unwilling to be persuaded. Most of the content on this forum isn't worth reading, let alone responding. Fortunately, there are some very good posters that give smart analysis and insights. It would be nice if there was a sub-forum on a ''by invite'' only and made up of the best posters.
Using your "ignore" feature, K9Buck, you can remove people you consider worthless. After a while, you will have created your own idyllic universe that will not bring you any grief.

Most people are not interested in having a discussion and seeking common ground. It’s much easier to make a point,dig ones heels in, and just aim the flamethrower...

That is interesting. Perhaps the forum, "Clean Debate Forum" is to your liking but without the invites. Invitation would be and interesting compliment to the Clean Debate Forum.

• Banned
Most people are not interested in having a discussion and seeking common ground. It’s much easier to make a point,dig ones heels in, and just aim the flamethrower...

Yea, many like to engage in hit-and-run quips and are unwilling to honestly discuss an issue(s). Too many here are hardcore critical of another's favorite candidate or official but are unwilling to acknowledge their own candidate's warts.

• Banned
Using your "ignore" feature, K9Buck, you can remove people you consider worthless. After a while, you will have created your own idyllic universe that will not bring you any grief.

A little more humility and honesty would be refreshing. That's all I'm suggesting. Perhaps you disagree.

• Banned
I've found the same to be true on every forum I've ever seen. Most folks are completely closed-minded. A handful offer interesting conversation. There are really very few people using these forums; it's probably a lot of the same people everywhere.

Facebook pages are infamous for this.

Anyone can go into a forum to caterwaul with anyone they disagree with. It takes patience to actually listen to what someone has to say before responding.

Yea, many like to engage in hit-and-run quips and are unwilling to honestly discuss an issue(s). Too many here are hardcore critical of another's favorite candidate or official but are unwilling to acknowledge their own candidate's warts.
That's because in the case of being a conservative, the warts really are off topic, which is against the board's rules when beaten into the dead horse's flesh. The only people excited about your candidate's warts are also his enemies. So you can spend your spare time defending warts or keep your eye on the ball. It's really quite simple, and ignoring insults takes away a politics forum going into dog-eat-dog mania. And, there's even a little reminder emoticon of the situation: :dontfeedmod:

A little more humility and honesty would be refreshing. That's all I'm suggesting. Perhaps you disagree.
Perhaps I prefer not to invite a troll to come along for to put words in me mouth, laddie. :) "Tis a foul, foul taste. ;)

, which is against the board's rules when beaten into the dead horse's flesh. The only people excited about your candidate's warts are also his enemies. So you can spend your spare time defending warts or keep your eye on the ball. It's really quite simple, and ignoring insults takes away a politics forum going into dog-eat-dog mania. And, there's even a little reminder emoticon of the situation: :dontfeedmod:

For example, in another thread someone complained about Trump's ''character'' while proudly standing by their vote for Hillary, who is arguably the most criminal and corrupt candidate EVER nominated by a major party to be potus.

Perhaps I prefer not to invite a troll to come along for to put words in me mouth, laddie. :) "Tis a foul, foul taste. ;)

On the contrary, your initial response seemed to be of the ''trolling'' nature.

I don't know for sure what to say but I always know what I believe, I believe I will have another beer!

I decided upon My2¢ as my account name because I don't see message boards as a place to try to be influential. Haven't experience arguments, I don't feel need to get in last word. May respond if questioned, and am still learning to avoid that when somebody's misrepresenting my point.

I decided upon My2¢ as my account name because I don't see message boards as a place to try to be influential. Haven't experience arguments, I don't feel need to get in last word. May respond if questioned, and am still learning to avoid that when somebody's misrepresenting my point.

I enjoy the opportunity to learn from people that don't necessarily share my view and I have learned a lot and have adjusted my beliefs accordingly.

Forum List

Back