Most dominate athlete

Al Oerter (yes I always mention him)

Alfred Adolf Oerter, Jr. (September 19, 1936 – October 1, 2007) was an American athlete, four times Olympic Champion in the discus throw.

He is, along with Carl Lewis (long-jump) and Paul Elvstrøm (sailing), the only athlete to win a gold medal in the same individual event for four consecutive Olympics.

Al Oerter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sheryl swoopes

is an American professional basketball player who played most recently for the Seattle Storm in the WNBA. She was the first player to be signed in the WNBA when it was created.[1] She has won three Olympic Gold Medals and is a three-time WNBA MVP. Frequently referred to as the "female Michael Jordan," Swoopes is famous for both her offensive and defensive skills. In 2005, she averaged 18.6 points, 85% free throws, 4.3 assists, 2.65 steals and 37.1 minutes playing time per game. Swoopes is considered "one of the best collegiate players of all time".[2]
Sheryl Swoopes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I saw Jennie Finch strike out major league baseball pitchers, one who had won the homerun derby that year, can't remember who.

"Finch, who is likely the most famous softball player in the world, is competing in her second Olympic games in Beijing. She was a three-time All-American at the University of Arizona, where she won 109 games as a hard-throwing right-handed pitcher. She went 32-0 as a junior, leading the Wildcats to a national championship.
Her Raw Talent:
Finch has been on the national team since 2002. She's one of the team's arsenal of elite pitchers along with Cat Osterman and Monica Abbott. A celebrity outside the softball world as well, she's appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated, modeled in the magazine's swimsuit edition in 2005 and was named one of People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people in 2004. In 2007, she appeared as a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice on NBC and was "fired" on the fourth episode by Donald Trump.
The Stats:
Finch was 2-0 in the 2004 Athens Olympics, striking out 13 batters in eight innings while giving up only one hit, one walk and no runs. In international competition with Team USA, she has a 36-2 career record with 397 strikeouts in 239.1 innings."
Jennie Finch - Profile of USA Softball Pitcher Jennie Finch

bobby orr:
  • 2 stanley cups
  • 2 harts
  • 1 calder
  • 2 rosses
  • 8 norrises
  • career +/- of +594 (gretzky is +513)
  • holds the all-time single season +/- record (+124)
  • did his own fighting
  • did it on one good knee

biased! :lol:

Baseball: Babe Ruth and Pedro Martinez
Hockey: Wayne Gretzky
Golf: Tiger Woods
Basketball: Who the fuck cares
Soccer: Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Finally, the one athlete without peers and at best can only be matched and never bested

Gin Rummy: Stu Unger (also only person to win the WSOP Main Event 3 times and final tabled a 4th but blinded out because he OD'd the night before and spent the FT in the hospital)

Last edited:
Michael Jordan is a good one, how many championships did he win?
I would also have to say Stockton in a way, no one will ever come close to beating his assist record.

Six according to this site:

How many championship rings does michael jordan have | ChaCha Answers

Who the hell is Stockton? :lol: I said I was not a fan of the NBA. Or course, that is because I used to like the Warriors when I was a kid. Have the Golden State Warriors been in the playoffs once in the last 40 years? It is amazing to me how a team can miss the playoffs every year when 80% of the teams make the playoffs each year... well, that is how it seems anyway. :razz:

Immie

:eusa_shhh: bite your tongue. John Stockton is God where I live.

moreso than Shawn Kemp?

Six according to this site:

How many championship rings does michael jordan have | ChaCha Answers

Who the hell is Stockton? :lol: I said I was not a fan of the NBA. Or course, that is because I used to like the Warriors when I was a kid. Have the Golden State Warriors been in the playoffs once in the last 40 years? It is amazing to me how a team can miss the playoffs every year when 80% of the teams make the playoffs each year... well, that is how it seems anyway. :razz:

Immie

:eusa_shhh: bite your tongue. John Stockton is God where I live.

moreso than Shawn Kemp?
:lol: very much so! John Stockton grew up in spokane, he lives here again. Watch a Gonzaga game they always do a bunch of shots of him.

Anyone who doesn't agree that Tiger Woods is the greatest, most hopey changey, and dominant athlete ever!, is clearly a racist.

Anyone who doesn't agree that Tiger Woods is the greatest, most hopey changey, and dominant athlete ever!, is clearly a racist.

Tiger goes through times when he isn't dominant though.

There are other athletes in other sports who never once experienced a time during their career when they weren't dominating their sport.

Like Gretzky. Barry Sanders comes to mind as well, which also covers my ass on the racist implication.

I'd say Jerry Rice, but he ruined it for himself at the end of his career.

He'll go down as the greatest Broncos wide receiver ever :lol:

The man with the smallest penis in all of sport history (jockeys excluded) Michael Phelps.

Wayne Gretsky without a doubt.
I love Wayne Gretsky, and as far as Hockey he goes, yep, he was the best. But in all of sports, Tiger is still more dominant. :razz:

Its hard to say.

I would say Gretzky too, though was he really more dominant than Lemieux? I thought he was better, but Lemeiux was one of the best of all time as well. Gretzky played the game with a vision I had never seen before nor have seen since. Gretzky established records that are probably never going to be broken, though Lemieux almost did. Gretzky getting 212 points, as he did one season, is like Tiger shooting a 57 at the Masters.

Babe Ruth...

bondsRuth-794143.jpg

No one ever dominated his sport like the Bambino...He not only dominated baseball, he changed it forever...

Even 60 years after his death, he is still one of the most widely known athletes on the planet...

Career batting statistics
G 2,503
AB 8,398
R 174
H 2,518
HR 714
RBI 2,217
BB 2,062
SO 1,330
Avg. .342
OBP .472
SLG .690

All-time ranks

* 3rd on all-time home run list with 714
* 10th on all-time batting average list with .342
* 2nd on all-time RBI list with 2,217
* 1st on all-time slugging % with 0.690
* 2nd on all-time on-base % list with .474
* 1st on all-time OPS with 1.164
* 4th on all-time runs list with 2,174
* 6th on all-time total bases list with 5,793
* 3rd on all-time bases on balls list with 2,062

Career pitching statistics

W 94
L 46
ERA 2.28
G 163
GS 148
CG 107
SHO 17
SV 4
IP 1,221.1
H 974
R 400
ER 309
HR 10
HBP 29
BB 441
SO 488
WPct .671
WHIP 1.16
AVG .220
BB/9 3.25
K/9 3.60

Ruth was 92-44 with the Red Sox, 5-0 with the Yankees overall.

The Icon...

Babe said this all the time. Okay, maybe it wasn’t proper English, but his feelings came out loud and clear. Babe loved kids - kids of all kinds. He could be found playing sandlot ball with kids all over the country, when he wasn’t playing in a big game at a big stadium, belting out homeruns. He was always glad to sign autographs, take pictures with children, or, just act like a clown and fool around, just to make a kid happy.

11Pic4BabeWithKids.jpg

Forum List

Back