Most dominate athlete

Bern80

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2004
Which athlete has dominated a sport more than any other? Back it up with numbers, good argument, whatever. I'll wait until a few are up.

And no off the wall stuff like whathisnameov - most dominate curler ever.

Last edited:
Lets see..

Baseball- Babe Ruth Hit 60 HR in a season when it was more than any other TEAM hit

Basketball- Wilt Chamberlain 100 pts in a game, 50 pts/game average in a season, had to change the rules to stop him

Hadn't thought of Tiger Woods, Luissa, but that is a good answer.

My first thought was Michael Jordan and I can't stand the NBA.

Immie

Last edited:

My first thought was Michael Jordon and I can't stand the NBA.

Immie

Michael Jordan is a good one, how many championships did he win?
I would also have to say Stockton in a way, no one will ever come close to beating his assist record.

Immie

I would also have to say Stockton in a way, no one will ever come close to beating his assist record.

Six according to this site:

How many championship rings does michael jordan have | ChaCha Answers

Who the hell is Stockton? :lol: I said I was not a fan of the NBA. Or course, that is because I used to like the Warriors when I was a kid. Have the Golden State Warriors been in the playoffs once in the last 40 years? It is amazing to me how a team can miss the playoffs every year when 80% of the teams make the playoffs each year... well, that is how it seems anyway. :razz:

Immie

Immie

Who the hell is Stockton? :lol: I said I was not a fan of the NBA. Or course, that is because I used to like the Warriors when I was a kid. Have the Golden State Warriors been in the playoffs once in the last 40 years? It is amazing to me how a team can miss the playoffs every year when 80% of the teams make the playoffs each year... well, that is how it seems anyway. :razz:

Immie

:eusa_shhh: bite your tongue. John Stockton is God where I live.

Immie

:eusa_shhh: bite your tongue. John Stockton is God where I live.

Dang!!

Eighteen years with one team. I didn't think that happened anymore in any sport and to think, I've never heard of him. :D

I did discover something about the NBA a couple years ago... I laid down to watch a game because I have not watched a full game in decades. Did you know that The NBA has been approved by the FDA as a cure for insomnia? :razz:

Immie

Tiger is the most dominant player of any sport.
He has finished either 1st or 2nd in scoring average every full year as a pro. He has led the money list for 10 out of his 13 years. He has won 16 MAJOR championships. He dominates.

Jackie Joyner kersee

ranked among the all-time greatest athletes in the women's heptathlon as well as in the women's long jump. She won three gold, one silver, and two bronze Olympic medals, in those two different events. Sports Illustrated for Women magazine voted Joyner-Kersee the Greatest Female Athlete of the 20th century, just ahead of Babe Didrikson Zaharias.
Jackie Joyner-Kersee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

shannon miller

She is the most decorated gymnast in U.S. History, and considered one of the greatest gymnasts the United States has ever produced. Miller was the 1993 and 1994 World All-Around Champion, the 1996 Olympics balance beam gold medalist, the 1995 Pan Am Games all-around champion, and a member of the gold medal-winning Magnificent 7 team at the Atlanta Olympics. The winner of a combined total of 16 World Championships and Olympic medals between 1991 and 1996, Miller ranks as the most decorated gymnast, male or female, in U.S. history. Miller was also the most successful American athlete, by medal count, at the 1992 Barcelona Games, winning 5 altogether.

Shannon Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and on top of that she went to college and law school

Of his sex and generation and status: Jim Thorpe.

Of her sex and generation and status: Babe Didrikson Zahairias.

Post 1980, both sexes and generation and status: Tiger Woods.

Forum List

Back