most Americans think 2011 will be better than 2010

People are hopeful because the Dems have lost their death grip.

If things continue to spiral downward, more butts will go (and continue to go) until they figure it out . . . or we implode.

• Banned
its only about politics?

People go read the questions and answers

6hvtgccxfu-ykmkd5icuyg.gif

Americans, however, are cautious in making these prognostications. The substantial majority of optimists say things will be "a little" better rather than "a lot" better, and pessimists are more likely to say things will be a little worse rather than a lot worse.

virafncudkk00uit-sqeba.gif

Looks like even the Democrats understand that the Republicans taking the house should help improve things.

Umm OK whatever,

The country is feeling like things are getting better.

I doubt you can deny this is very good indicator for the economy

Yeah we will have a false dawn prior to meltdown II. UE will go below 9% and possibly even 8% before the other shoe drops probably in 2012.

And the optimism could change in a heartbeat.
We are coming off of a quite nice jump in the economy August-November.
December was NOT good in many ways, January I can tell you for a fact is going to be anaemic at best...reminiscent of early last year. Manufacturing for January will be down, business to business spending will be down, labor will again be flat.

We have a long way to go, sentiment in December (when this report really was) would be expected to be higher, what it will be in February...is a different story.

the American people usually lead the way in these recoverys.

The people are feeling hopeful.

that is a good thing

the American people usually lead the way in these recoverys.

The people are feeling hopeful.

that is a good thing

Will the majority of these people know how to spell, and use proper grammar?

Maybe that's not important to you, but it is to me.

Forum List

Back