Mosque On Ground Zero. An Act Of Aggression: Yea Or Nay?

They are following tradition of building a mosque on top conquered ground.

That's about as dimwitted as anything I've read in a long time.

Interestingly, in an article I posted yesterday, in another thread, about protests over a mosque to be built in MURFREESBORO, TENNESSEE, the very same argument is being made:

"In Islam, a mosque means 'We have conquered this country,'" one man told CNN affiliate WTVF. "And where are they? They're in the center of Tennessee. They're going to say, 'We have conquered Tennessee.'"

So, the idiocy starts out as a claim that a mosque near ground zero is a symbol of conquering that specific piece of ground,

and has quickly morphed into, a mosque ANYWHERE is a symbol of Islam conquering America.

Middle Tennessee city divided over proposed Islamic center - CNN.com

So I ask again, if you fools think the Islamic religion is our enemy, why won't you get behind amending the Constitution to make it possible to ban it from America??

Afterall, you're all the great defenders of the Constitution, right? And the Constitution does have an amendment process...

...put your actions where your blather is.

Interestingly, in an article I posted yesterday, in another thread, about protests over a mosque to be built in MURFREESBORO, TENNESSEE, the very same argument is being made:

"In Islam, a mosque means 'We have conquered this country,'" one man told CNN affiliate WTVF. "And where are they? They're in the center of Tennessee. They're going to say, 'We have conquered Tennessee.'"

So, the idiocy starts out as a claim that a mosque near ground zero is a symbol of conquering that specific piece of ground,

and has quickly morphed into, a mosque ANYWHERE is a symbol of Islam conquering America.

So I ask again, if you fools think the Islamic religion is our enemy, why won't you get behind amending the Constitution to make it possible to ban it from America??

Afterall, you're all the great defenders of the Constitution, right? And the Constitution does have an amendment process...

Now, now, now...we all know that Conservatives only support the Constitution when it fits their agenda. They, though, are still in denial. Whining about this like a bunch of bitches.

If they buy the land then they have a perfect right to build whatever they want to build on the site. They are in the process of trying to buy it. Last I heard they haven't bought it yet.

I think it would be totally insensitive on their part. I also think they should build the mosque somewhere else.

I also wonder if any NYC construction company would build it a block from ground zero??? I really have my doubts on that one.

Last edited:

Your ignorance and willful display of the same is really quite profound.

You should back that up or fuck off.:lol::lol::lol:

If they buy the land then they have a perfect right to build whatever they want to build on the site. They are in the process of trying to buy it. Last I heard they haven't bought it yet.

I think it would be totally insensitive on their part. I also think they should build the mosque somewhere else.

I also wonder if any NYC construction company would build it a block from ground zero??? I really have my doubts on that one.

It's only insensitive if you believe all of Islam is to blame.

Within few years after the death of Muhammad, mosques became such important symbols, that when Muslim conquerors established themselves somewhere, a mosque was put up first, and then the military camp was built around it.

Islamic mosques as conquered ground - Yahoo! Search Results

"Modern day Turkey is among the most moderate of Muslim states. As such, it was welcomed into the NATO alliance as sharing some of the values of its Western members. But comments by Turkey Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on his beliefs about Islam and the symbolism its mosques represent, should give us pause for concern. “The mosques,” Erdogan has said, “are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the believers our army.”

Muslims Know the Symbolism of the Ground Zero Mosque.. - Univision Foro / Forum

Within few years after the death of Muhammad, mosques became such important symbols, that when Muslim conquerors established themselves somewhere, a mosque was put up first, and then the military camp was built around it.

"Modern day Turkey is among the most moderate of Muslim states. As such, it was welcomed into the NATO alliance as sharing some of the values of its Western members. But comments by Turkey Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on his beliefs about Islam and the symbolism its mosques represent, should give us pause for concern. “The mosques,” Erdogan has said, “are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the believers our army.”

Turkey is a secular nation just as we are.

Onward Christian soldiers...

Then isn't the wise thing to do to ban Islam, if it represents a legitimate threat to this country?

The Bible clearly states that there is ONLY ONE BODY OF CHRIST, and ONLY ONE TYPE OF CHRISTIAN, and those Christians are to be clothed with the whole armor of God (1 Cor. 12:13 & Eph. 6:10-11).

If we are called soldiers (2 Tim. 2:3-4) and we have been given spiritual weapons and armor (Eph. 6:10-18) and corporately we are led by Jesus Christ called our Captain (Heb. 2:9-10), what else can you call the Church but a militant body?

1 John 3:8 tells us that Jesus was manifested to destory the works of the devil

http:/www.aggressivechristianity.net/articles/militant.htm
New Testament Cruelty

The bilble is JUST as violient and militant as the Koran...only a fool is ignorant enough to not see that.

Then isn't the wise thing to do to ban Islam, if it represents a legitimate threat to this country?

Probably not necessary, but jerks like you don't need to encourage them either.

Turkey is a secular nation just as we are.

Onward Christian soldiers...

Technically speaking Turkey is a secular nation, but if you've ever been over there, well let's just say Islam and Christianity are not on equal footing.

In fact when Turkey petitioned to join the EU several members commented about a Muslim nation's ability to fit in.

The Bible clearly states that there is ONLY ONE BODY OF CHRIST, and ONLY ONE TYPE OF CHRISTIAN, and those Christians are to be clothed with the whole armor of God (1 Cor. 12:13 & Eph. 6:10-11).

If we are called soldiers (2 Tim. 2:3-4) and we have been given spiritual weapons and armor (Eph. 6:10-18) and corporately we are led by Jesus Christ called our Captain (Heb. 2:9-10), what else can you call the Church but a militant body?

1 John 3:8 tells us that Jesus was manifested to destory the works of the devil

http:/www.aggressivechristianity.net/articles/militant.htm
New Testament Cruelty

The bilble is JUST as violient and militant as the Koran...only a fool is ignorant enough to not see that.

Yet you're the ones deliberately plotting to kill innocents. Remove the log from your eye.

Last edited:
(...) “are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the believers our army.”
(...)

It is a poem from same guy, who wrote National Anthem of Turkey.
The poem comes from the Independence War. In those times, the Ottoman government was invaded by Allies and became a de jure tool of the Allies.

The people of the resistence gathered support in whole Anatolia. Including mosques, this is where the poem comes from.
Those were times without Internet and connectivity.
You could only reach much people in public places like mosquies or hamams.

Mehmet Akif Ersoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course all Muslim isn't to blame.

I just wonder if anyone is going to see the difference between the jihadist terrorist dirtbags and regular law abiding Muslims??

I just wonder if anyone is going to bother with the difference??

I think folks are going to see a Muslim mosque a block from ground zero and thats all they are going to see.

(...) “are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the believers our army.”
(...)

It is a poem from same guy, who wrote National Anthem of Turkey.
The poem comes from the Independence War. In those times, the Ottoman government was invaded by Allies and became a de jure tool of the Allies.

The people of the resistence gathered support in whole Anatolia. Including mosques, this is where the poem comes from.
Those were times without Internet and connectivity.
You could only reach much people in public places like mosquies or hamams.

Mehmet Akif Ersoy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for the additional information ekrem. Symbolism is important and very different in Islam as you know. For Muslims to admit at all, that a mosque has some military-like references is huge. It means to conquer among other things.

Thank you for the additional information ekrem. Symbolism is important and very different in Islam as you know. For Muslims to admit at all, that a mosque has some military-like references is huge. It means to conquer among other things.

Mr. Erdogan was jailed for 10 months when he recited that poem.
But he was released after 4 months.
CBC News Indepth: Turkey - Recep Erdogan

It just shows how far the Republic has moved away from the principles of the founding years, if now you are even jailed by reciting poems from important figures of the independence war.

Putting a Mosque near ground zero will remind Americans about what Muslims did to America on 9/11. Rather than 'creating tolerance' for Muslims it will create only distrust and disgust towards Muslims. ;)

So Muslims should build a mosque there by all means and destroy every positive image of Islam in America forever in a way that atheists like me could only dream of. :lol:

Last edited:

Mr. Erdogan was jailed for 10 months when he recited that poem.
But he was released after 4 months.
CBC News Indepth: Turkey - Recep Erdogan

It just shows how far the Republic has moved away from the principles of the founding years, if now you are even jailed by reciting poems from important figures of the independence war.

Now he gets quoted by the Premier of Turkey. Who appears to agree with him about the military meaning of a mosque.

Of course all Muslim isn't to blame.

I just wonder if anyone is going to see the difference between the jihadist terrorist dirtbags and regular law abiding Muslims??

I just wonder if anyone is going to bother with the difference??

I think folks are going to see a Muslim mosque a block from ground zero and thats all they are going to see.

The Constitution protects religious freedom and demands religious tolerance not for the times it's easy,

but for the times it's hard.

If it were always easy, we wouldn't need the Constitution demanding we comply.

Forum List

Back