Mosque arsonist: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Mosque arsonist tells court: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’ | The Raw Story

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40.

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News.

“And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’”

“Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ.”

Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.
<more>

Raw Story (Mosque arsonist tells court: &#8216;I only know what I hear on Fox News&#8217; | The Raw Story)

Last part of article....

"Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver."

What a fucking joke ....

Last part of article....

"Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver."

What a fucking joke ....

Is that even possible without dying of alcohol poisoning?:confused:

Well...I'd say we have proof that idiot, Fox and alcohol don't mix well.

Your typical Fox news viewer and talk radio listener.

As I said before, typical liberal trying to blame their actions on Fox news.

:badgrin: That is the dumbest thing you've said so far. Honestly is anyone surprised this happened? If anything I'm surprised Fox doesn't cause more insane idiots to go off.

You stupid libtards want to blame Fox for everything, but when some try to say they had a part in getting a Marine freed from a Mexican prison... Well Fox News has NO INFLUENCE anywhere on anything...

Make up your minds idiots!

:eusa_clap:

Your typical Fox news viewer and talk radio listener.

:badgrin: That is the dumbest thing you've said so far. Honestly is anyone surprised this happened? If anything I'm surprised Fox doesn't cause more insane idiots to go off.

You stupid libtards want to blame Fox for everything, but when some try to say they had a part in getting a Marine freed from a Mexican prison... Well Fox News has NO INFLUENCE anywhere on anything...

Hey, if Fox had a hand in getting the guy freed then good on them. A little good Kharma certainly couldn't hurt them. That doesn't change the fact that they are part of what is wrong with the GOP.

Mosque arsonist tells court: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’ | The Raw Story

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Randolph Linn, 52, accepted a plea deal in which he pled guilty to all charges in connection to setting a fire in the prayer room at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on Sept. 30. Under the deal, Linn is expected to serve 20 years in prison instead of 40.

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News.

“And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’”

“Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ.”

Linn claimed that he had consumed 45 beers in the 6 hours before leaving his Indiana home to set fire to the mosque, which he had discovered while working as a truck driver.
<more>

Raw Story (Mosque arsonist tells court: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’ | The Raw Story)

Admitting you're stupid enough to actually believe fox is now a defense?

If he gets off, it will be forever more, known as the Fox Defense.

What i'm surprised at is he supposedly drank 45 beers then DROVE to the mosque? That's a little more than i can believe!

The guy is just nuts....has nothing to do with Fox! Lol!

Hey, if Fox had a hand in getting the guy freed then good on them. A little good Kharma certainly couldn't hurt them. That doesn't change the fact that they are part of what is wrong with the GOP.

ok Fox helped get a marine free somehow i didnt follow that story) and at the sametime convinced a guy to set fire to a mosque. So i guess the moral here is something?

Do i blame fox? yeah but its more like a 10/90 thing where the drunk guy gets 90% of the blame.

The article says he's an "Ex-Marine". Maybe that's why he did it?

My husband was a Marine in VN.....we've been married 32 yrs, and i still don't know everything about his time over there, he really doesn't like to talk about it. But even he says in basic training back then there was a LOT of brainwashing. He has problems, but he's not violent. He just has a BIG trust issue's since then.

So maybe....it's hard telling, he may have seen a lot of horrible things and done horrible things that he needed help with and never got it....

<more>

Raw Story (Mosque arsonist tells court: ‘I only know what I hear on Fox News’ | The Raw Story)

So?

Forum List

Back