moscow Suffer MORE LOSSES in Southern Ukraine & HALF of MOBILIZED Troops UNFIT for Military Service

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
I'd say their problem isn't with 50% of their mobilized troops being unfit for military service but with 100% of their commanders 🇷🇺 🐷 being unfit for leadership.

I heard last night about half not being fit for service and remembered hearing some years ago how they were not healthy and dying young frequently from too much Vodka drinking. Looks like that hasn't changed. This defo could be the reason they are being unsuccessful. Most of the Russians I have seen in exile look very fit though.

Last edited:
You're only one more aid package away from victory

US can afford it , moscow horde dont ...

Screen shot 2017-04-02 at 3.14.03 PM.png

You're only one more aid package away from victory

I heard last night about half not being fit for service and remembered hearing some years ago how they were not healthy and dying young frequently from too much Vodka drinking. Looks like that hasn't changed. This defo could be the reason they are being unsuccessful. Most of the Russians I have seen in exile look very fit though.

The Kharkhov breakout was more likely an operation of opportunity, particularly because it was effected not by a large buildup of forces but by 15 Ukrainian tanks... That bravely never stopped when they found themselves behind Moscow defensive lines and apparently started running roughshod oall over the place causing chaos and disorganization and even over-ran the HQ for the entire Moscow occupied territory , decapitating C&C. It's remarkable what Ukraine accomplished, the total destruction of the 3rd Army Corp which is a major command group and the 4th Guard Tank Division which is one of Russia's most renowned and distinguished heavy armor in all of Moscow . For both those to completely disintegrate within a couple days is an enormous accomplishment almost beyond comprehension what the consequences will be. If Russia cannot re-organize, it literally means the eventual collapse of everything in both the Luhansk and Donbas. The Ukrainian offensive in Kherson is exactly what it's advertised to be... a move to retake the gateway to Crimea. Once Kherson falls, it will mean many things... The destruction of collectively nearly all the competent Moscow forces (Excepting the Wagner Group which is mostly in the Donetzk front). Ukraine was not telling false tales, Ukraine wants to retake Kherson badly no matter what it takes and seems to be making progress. Russia is making a stand in Kherson and everything north and west of the Dneiper River. If Ukraine takes Kherson, Moscow will likely lose everything including Crimea within a year and a half.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
The Armed Forces of Ukraine broke through the border of Luhansk Region in the direction of Kreminna, - ISW

The Kharkhov breakout was more likely an operation of opportunity, particularly because it was effected not by a large buildup of forces but by 15 Ukrainian tanks... That bravely never stopped when they found themselves behind Moscow defensive lines and apparently started running roughshod oall over the place causing chaos and disorganization and even over-ran the HQ for the entire Moscow occupied territory , decapitating C&C. It's remarkable what Ukraine accomplished, the total destruction of the 3rd Army Corp which is a major command group and the 4th Guard Tank Division which is one of Russia's most renowned and distinguished heavy armor in all of Moscow .
This is a slight exaggeration, lol. Yes, there was a breakthrough by a Yook tank company that started it all off, but they were followed by the equivalent of 2 mechanized divisions. A T-72 only carries 22 rounds. X15 (330 rds), that's not even close to enough ammunition for a sustained offensive. It's a couple hours of fighting, best case.

This was a large-scale, well planned, combined arms maneuver on multiple axis of attack. With all elements participating- armor, mechanized infantry, artillery, tactical aviation, electronic attack, engineering, logistics, anti-air, etc. A lot of people in the west wondered if the AFU could pull off an offensive like this, and this showed everyone they have the capacity- something Ukraine needed to prove in order to keep the western support flowing.

The 3rd AC is made up of the "volunteer battalions" from the Federal subjects (Putin's 3rd attempt at mobilization). It's not a standing part of the Russian army and it's not a corps in the NATO sense- it's only about 10K strong. Some of them were sent to Izium to reinforce, but they did not make it. The lucky ones surrendered. They are strangely well equipped (T-90M's !!), but poorly trained and led.

The 4th GTD was already on the ropes from the attempt to take Kiev, and the remainder of those tank regiments got badly battered in Izium (but they were already at half-strength at best). The 4th GTD is the only Russian tank formation that uses T-80U and U variants, so it's easy to track their losses. 2 Regiments, started out with 93 tanks each. The confirmed losses of T-80U and U variants in Ukraine stands at over 100, and that only captures about 70% of the actual losses, so the 4th GTD is a definitely a wreck.

It was a big defeat for Russia, and it will take the 1st GTA and 20th CAA several years to reconstitute those formations for all the officers and materiel that have been lost in Ukraine, both in Kharkiv and Kiev.

What is equally interesting to me is the power struggle in the Kremlin that has resulted. Putin is caught between his private armies- Prigozhyn and Kadryov on one side, and the MoD and Shoigu on the other side. He needs them both, and right now they are all pointing fingers at each other. Lapin took the fall already, there are more to come for sure...

I'd say their problem isn't with 50% of their mobilized troops being unfit for military service but with 100% of their commanders 🇷🇺 🐷 being unfit for leadership.
And the recruiters about as unfit as the commanders.

Forum List

Back