Morning After pill

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProudDem, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I am curious if anyone who opposes abortion, supports the morning after pill. Or do people consider them one in the same?

For those that oppose both, do you believe that one is the lesser of the two evils, or equal?

Part of me supports it, but then part of me doesn't. The part that supports it is I believe it would reduce the number of abortions that are being done as a means for birth control. I am sure many of you think that life begins at conception, but the thought of eliminating a bunch of cells versus a fetus that takes the shape of a person seems more tolerable.

But part of me doesn't support it because I worry that some women would use it as a means of birth control, which I do not support.

I support abortion in cases of rape, incest, when the mother's life is in danger, or when the baby has a severe disability.

2. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    IMO the morning after pill is a good alternative for someone who has been the victim of rape or incest.

3. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I totally agree. Would you feel comfortable answering the other questions I asked in my initial thread? If so, great. If not, that's okay too.

4. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I'm still not convinced Abortion is appropriate even in rape or incest.

Life of the mother? yeah...Choose the Mother. But otherwise, I can't yet justify killing a baby as a way to 'solve' anything.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I would agree, however, "Life of the Mother" is never an issue anymore - with today's medical advances, Doctors never have to choose between saving hte baby or the mother....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    Oh boy, last time this went 5 pages..It always goes to this :bangheads ..Other than that, no comment. :)

7. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    But, Mr. P, did someone ask the brilliant questions I did? ;)

8. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I oppose most abortion, but would support a morning after pill provided it were reliably safe (better than 99.99%) for the woman, required a medical-O.K. from a trained physician, and used within the first trimester, preferably within the first 2 months.

9. ProudDem

ProudDem Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, thanks for your answer.

Maybe I don't know much about the pill, but I thought it had to be taken within days of "the act." Let me look into this and get back to you.

As usual, I am right. Hee hee hee It needs to be taken within 72 hours of intercourse.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

How so?