Mormon church voices support for Senate bill to protect gay marriage

Well this is welcome news. I know from reading posts on this fprum that rank and file mormons are doughty warriors in support of rainbow issues. Now their church has caught up with them.

Let us hope that this is a first step in organised religion joining the rest of us in the civilised world.
It's not the Federal Governments business to get involved in this crap. Funny how you loons will get blood spitting mad when religions get involved with anything that disagrees with you political views, but are all hallelujahs when it does.

Is it an oxymoron? The Church supports the doctrine of marriage only between a man and a woman but also supports gay marriage.

Well this is welcome news. I know from reading posts on this fprum that rank and file mormons are doughty warriors in support of rainbow issues. Now their church has caught up with them.

Let us hope that this is a first step in organised religion joining the rest of us in the civilised world.
Mormonism is a cult so no surprise.

Smart.

I am sure that all decent mormons will support this action. The bill is long overdue and will protect all Americans from an extremist and unaccountable supreme court.
Your interest in butt sex, pervert marriage, trans and children , etc is disturbing...so are those who agree with you

Yep, like Islam.
Imaging if a Muslim governor had claimed every inch of his state for Allah, claiming that by the authority of his office claimed the state for Allah

Even the Mormons haven't tried that yet.

It's not the Federal Governments business to get involved in this crap. Funny how you loons will get blood spitting mad when religions get involved with anything that disagrees with you political views, but are all hallelujahs when it does.
Not really. But it is important to recognise progress. Things will not improve otherwise.

that hasn't been a thing since the 1800's.
Polygamy (called plural marriage by Latter-day Saints in the 19th century or the Principle by modern fundamentalist practitioners of polygamy) was practiced by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) for more than half of the 19th century,[1] and practiced publicly from 1852 to 1890 by between 20 and 30 percent of Latter-day Saint families.[2][3] Today, various denominations of fundamentalist Mormonism continue to practice polygamy.[4]

Polygamy (called plural marriage by Latter-day Saints in the 19th century or the Principle by modern fundamentalist practitioners of polygamy) was practiced by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) for more than half of the 19th century,[1] and practiced publicly from 1852 to 1890 by between 20 and 30 percent of Latter-day Saint families.[2][3] Today, various denominations of fundamentalist Mormonism continue to practice polygamy.[4]

like I said

Imaging if a Muslim governor had claimed every inch of his state for Allah, claiming that by the authority of his office claimed the state for Allah

Even the Mormons haven't tried that yet.
they took Utah for many years.

Which is meaningless since every Mormon Male is a member of the priesthood.
but up until the seventies blacks were allowed to attend church but could never hold the priesthood which is a big deal in their religion.

Forum List

Back