More Trump greatness ... a great big lie.

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
Ford Motor Company is disputing GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s claims that he altered the automaker's future expansion plans in the U.S. and Mexico.

“Ford has not spoken with Mr. Trump, nor have we made any changes to our plans,” it said in a statement released Monday.

“We decided to move the F-650 and the F-750 medium-duty trucks to Ohio Assembly in 2011, long before any candidates announced their intention to run for U.S. president,” Ford said.

Trump began toasting himself Sunday for convincing Ford to relocate production of the vehicles from Mexico back to the United States.
“Word is that Ford Motor, because of my constant badgering at packed events, is going to cancel their deal to go to Mexico and stay in the U.S.,” he tweeted.

“Do you think I will get credit for keeping Ford in the U.S.?” he asked. “Who cares? My supporters know the truth. Think what can be done as president.”

Trump then said he had specifically influenced Ford’s decision during a rally Monday morning in Atkinson, N.H.

“Frankly, I think I embarrassed them,” he said of the car company. “Now they’re going to build a massive plant in the United States.”

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported Monday that Trump may have confused two projects — a Ford plant still operational in Mexico and another located in northeast Ohio.

It said that Ford first confirmed that it would open the facility in Avon Lake, Ohio, last year, well before the launch of Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. It then began manufacturing trucks at the plant in August.

Ford rejects Trump’s claims on Mexico car plant

Forum List

Back