More trouble for Air America...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, May 6, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

Oh well looks like they can't even buy there way onto the air right.

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Kind of reminds me of a bloated government agency that runs ineffectively. They need to dump more money into the problem, oh wait a minute its investors money not tax payers money, so it is easier said than done.

3. proud_savagette

proud_savagette Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha! I laugh. Have you ever heard Michael Savage's opinion of liberal radio?

4. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I haven't. I suppose Savage has made a few good points, however I personally just don't care for his show.

5. proud_savagette

proud_savagette Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hehehe...yeah, I get that from alot of people. His books are alot better to read if you have a problem with his show. He does come across conceited alot of the time on his show, but his books are quite different.

6. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I think the problem with Air America is that they've got a bunch of no name liberals and annoying liberals like Jeane Geraffalo. The only one with talent that can actually support a radio show is Al Franken, but his talents aren't enough to support a network completely devoid of other talent.

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    There in lies the problem. IF they had anyone with talent, they wouldnt need to buy their way onto the radio. They would just promote their guys and have radio stations pick them up just Hannity and Rush have done. They worked hard to get where they are. They didnt buy their way in.

8. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The only thing you said that I have a problem with is that Hannity worked hard to get where he is. The guy looks inbred, I've never heard him come up with his own idea, he just parrots everything the administration says, he's not even entertaining. The only reason anybody knows his name is because Rush let him sub on his show.

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    He goes against bush on issues sometimes. You obviously don't listen to the show. He's started being a general contractor in construction I believe when he was 17 years old. You should educate youself before you open your mouth.

10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yes as RWA said, you don't listen to the show then. Plus with a comment like "he looks inbred" doesn't really support your case. Do we really need to go into what Franken looks like?

Hannity has called Bush's Medicare Bill a major mistake. He has criticised Bush on not addressing the border situation and has condemned his non-amnesty "amnesty" ruling on the illegals in this country. He criticises other Republicans that he doesnt agree with. He praises Democrats that he does agree with such as Zell miller and Ed Koch.

Hannity has worked hard to gain his audience. People choose to listen to him. Otherwise he wouldnt be on the air. If nobody listened to Liberal Radio, it would still be on because it is being paid for by the liberals themselves. Not Ad revenue. Similar to NPR.