More Than 6 Million Illegals Hold Jobs in US

don't worry..soon they will be citizens and you won't be able to say that anymore

And, since the Dems removed the eVerify provision from the Trillion dollar crap sandwich, now employer will not be provided the means to ensure the people they hire for all those "shovel ready" construction jobs are actually citizens.

The Repubs put it in, the Dems took it out.

I find it amazing that you guys now see this is a problem. Or, you are going to try to make this the fault of Democrats.

Well if you want to say the housing crisis is "everyones fault", then this topic for sure is the fault of both parties.

The Dems want the hispanic vote so they cater to them. The bleeding heart liberals fight for them too.

But, if it weren't for illegal employers, Democrats and bleeding heart liberals wouldn't be able to keep the illegals here.

PS. It is more like 12 million illegals living here.

And because you guys love Thom Hartmann

ThomHartmann.com - Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

ThomHartmann.com - Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

ThomHartmann.com - Illegal Workers: the Con's Secret Weapon

And, since the Dems removed the eVerify provision from the Trillion dollar crap sandwich, now employer will not be provided the means to ensure the people they hire for all those "shovel ready" construction jobs are actually citizens.

Aren't these business owners who are hiring illegals mostly Republicans?

This was a problem on Bush's watch. It divided your party, remember? On one side were the racist minute men and on the other side of the isle are the illegal employers who love to hire slave labor.

I happen to agree with the racist minute men.

Remember the Dubai Port deal? Bush was getting away with all kinds of crazy decisions. And you guys defended every one of his decisions. The first time you guys disagreed with him was the Dubai Port Deal. Imagine selling port security to arab nations. :cuckoo:

Then there was the Illegal employer problem we had/have. Lou Dobbs championed this cause. Correct? You guys will try to blame democrats when the reality is that it is your people who are hiring them.

This everify argument is as weak as the Freddy/Fanny spin you guys put on the housing crisis.

I find it amazing that you guys now see this is a problem. Or, you are going to try to make this the fault of Democrats.

Well if you want to say the housing crisis is "everyones fault", then this topic for sure is the fault of both parties.

The Dems want the hispanic vote so they cater to them. The bleeding heart liberals fight for them too.

But, if it weren't for illegal employers, Democrats and bleeding heart liberals wouldn't be able to keep the illegals here.

ThomHartmann.com - Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

I'm going to surprise you bobo....you're right. In part.

Yes, the Dems cater to them because they don't care if they destroy the country if it means they will get and keep power. So it doesn't matter if the illegals overrun and destroy the country if it looks like they can be a voting constituency.

I don't believe there is a difference between Dems and Libs anymore. There used to be, but I'm not seeing it now. So you draw a distinction without a difference.

I'm not sure where you were going with housing...so I'm living that alone.

Illegal employers are for sure a problem. That would be why the Republicans put the eVerify provision in the Trillion dollar shit sandwich. That way employers can quickly and accurately know whether the person applying for the job is legal or not.

So why did the Dems take it out?

I'm going to surprise you bobo....you're right. In part.

Yes, the Dems cater to them because they don't care if they destroy the country if it means they will get and keep power. So it doesn't matter if the illegals overrun and destroy the country if it looks like they can be a voting constituency.

I don't believe there is a difference between Dems and Libs anymore. There used to be, but I'm not seeing it now. So you draw a distinction without a difference.

I'm not sure where you were going with housing...so I'm living that alone.

Illegal employers are for sure a problem. That would be why the Republicans put the eVerify provision in the Trillion dollar shit sandwich. That way employers can quickly and accurately know whether the person applying for the job is legal or not.

So why did the Dems take it out?

Trade agreements? Problems with the system? I don't know why.

But I told you why both parties protect illegal immigration. I don't like it.

And thank God neither do you. That's why this is an issue the politicians worry about. Because this issue makes people like you and me agree. They hate that!!!

This was a problem on Bush's watch. It divided your party, remember? On one side were the racist minute men and on the other side of the isle are the illegal employers who love to hire slave labor.

Remember the Dubai Port deal? Bush was getting away with all kinds of crazy decisions. And you guys defended every one of his decisions. The first time you guys disagreed with him was the Dubai Port Deal. Imagine selling port security to arab nations. :cuckoo:

Then there was the Illegal employer problem we had/have. Lou Dobbs championed this cause. Correct? You guys will try to blame democrats when the reality is that it is your people who are hiring them.

This everify argument is as weak as the Freddy/Fanny spin you guys put on the housing crisis.

You act like no Democrat is an employer dumb ass.

Just when you almost sound like you got something right, you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

First, don't talk about Bush to me. You will not find one single post on here where I supported Bush. Bush and I may have ended up on the same side of an issue or two but that was coincidence not support. I didn't like him in 1999 or 2000 and it never got better. Now I liked the other guy less but that's your fault.

I give a shit about Dobbs, but employers should be punished for employing illegals. I'm fully in favor of it. They are breaking the law and they need to get the max. And, if the max isn't enough, then we need to strengthen the punishment. Maybe the death penalty for their corporation would be good too. You hire and illegal and get caught, we sell your corporation to the highest bidder.

What is your gripe about eVerify? I don't know the specifics other than it is supposed to provide the means for employers to enforce the law since the fucking Federal Government won't do their job.

To quote Tim Wilson, "An illegal Mexican is a great American."

I know a big time republican who almost exclusively hires these people. His thinking is that he wishes the government would do something about them but as long as they are here, he'll take the cheap labor.

What a dumb ass.

You act like no Democrat is an employer dumb ass.

Just when you almost sound like you got something right, you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

First, don't talk about Bush to me. You will not find one single post on here where I supported Bush. Bush and I may have ended up on the same side of an issue or two but that was coincidence not support. I didn't like him in 1999 or 2000 and it never got better. Now I liked the other guy less but that's your fault.

I give a shit about Dobbs, but employers should be punished for employing illegals. I'm fully in favor of it. They are breaking the law and they need to get the max. And, if the max isn't enough, then we need to strengthen the punishment. Maybe the death penalty for their corporation would be good too. You hire and illegal and get caught, we sell your corporation to the highest bidder.

What is your gripe about eVerify? I don't know the specifics other than it is supposed to provide the means for employers to enforce the law since the fucking Federal Government won't do their job.

You and I don't even disagree on this issue yet you remain argumentative and stubborn.

So who did you like, Mitt, Rudy, Huckabee, McCain? If you liked any of them, then you can't distance yourself from Bush.

What happened the last 8 years was on purpose, courtesy of the GOP.

This is what they think America should be like. Cheap labor, max CEO profits, they are above the law, high healthcare costs, etc.

The fact is, the GOP defended this economy until they could no longer defend it. So, you too probably defended this economy until late 2007.

You defended NAFTA, sending jobs overseas, etc.

You doubted me when I told you that they were giving unfair tax breaks to the rich and corporations. You STILL argue for giving them even more tax breaks.

So pahleez. This is a hot wedge issue you would love to put on the Democrats.

But like you didn't listen to me for 8 years, your crying is falling on deaf ears.

Now I will write my politicians to tell them to

1. Bring jobs back home
2. Kick the illegals out and don't give them amnesty.

Perhaps if more of you Republicans would have done that to Bush & Tom Delay, rather than defend their every move the last 8 years, maybe things would have worked out differently.

But I just LOVE to watch you guys jump on issues.

And yes, the vast majority of people who hire illegals are republicans.

You don't deny that the vast majority of military men are Republicans, right? Well then don't try to pretend that you don't own the illegal employer problem. You do.

Now will the Dems give amnesty and/or drivers licences to illegals? Probably. Will that make me happy? No. So together maybe we can stop it. Divided we can not.

they won't be illegals for long,, those votes are gonna cost ya! :lol:

You know, the way I see it, we like them being here in good economic times. No one complained under Clinton because then they actually did do jobs Americans wouldn't do. Today, Americans can't be so picky.

Once this runs out

Almost 5 million in U.S. getting jobless benefits

Almost 5 million in U.S. getting jobless benefits - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

They'll do anything, even at minimum wage. So the Republicans won! They have succeeded in lowering our wages. Way to go Willow. Apparently your husband's wages are safe. It only cost him in gas prices, 401K & the value of his home.

By the way, Obama's plan is already working.

A private sector measure of economic activity jumped unexpectedly in January for a second straight monthly increase, due mainly to federal efforts to expand the money supply.

the single biggest boost to the index was the real money supply. The government's effort to address the credit crisis has put more money in circulation. Other positive factors were the interest rate spread, an index of consumer expectations, and manufacturing orders for non-defense and consumer goods.

See that Willow? Non Defense. That's good.

Last month's gain compared with a 0.2 percent increase in December and a drop of 0.7 percent in November. Those measures were revised down from prior estimates.

(in other words, Bush's numbers were worse than he even told you)

"The second half of 2009 may see a period of anemic growth," Goldstein said in a statement, but "robust" growth would not return until well into 2010.

So there will be growth! Consumer Confidence is already up!!

Forum List

Back