More teenage mothers emerge in Texas polygamy probe

Not supporting the abuse of kids. Just pointing out that it's not any worse than the "freedom" of kids everywhere to have sex and get abortions.

People scream with their last breath that girls in middle school have a "right" to have sex and a "right" to privacy. But these girls are allowed no such right.

I'm for enforcing the law across the board. If girls who get married are looking at foster care and intense scrutiny, ANY girl who goes to a clinic for birth control pills and/or an abortion should be subject to the same scrutiny.

Honestly, I'm for it. But I'm not for scrutinizing these girls ONLY, because it's obvious the only reason they're being targeted is because they belong to a Christian sect. It's a bad and dangerous precendent.

So you're saying it's okay for nonchristians to have sex with underaged kids?

Interesting.

So you're saying it's okay for nonchristians to have sex with underaged kids?

Interesting.

Er, no, I'm not, you retard. I'm saying it's not ok for ANYONE to have sex with underaged kids. I've said it over and over before this came up, when I was insisting that girls who were in abortion clinics were VICTIMS and should be treated as such.

But everyone jeered and said they had the right to have sex, they had the right to their privacy, and they had the right to get an abortion.

Suddenly, it seems, underaged girls DON'T have the right to have sex, don't have the right to get married, and have no right whatsoever to privacy. And if they're of age and somebody finds OUT they had sex as underaged girls, again, they have no rights except the right to have their kids separated from them...because they had sex as minors.

It's crazy, and typical of the twisted and freedom-quashing mentality of a liberal mob.

Er, no, I'm not, you retard. I'm saying it's not ok for ANYONE to have sex with underaged kids. I've said it over and over before this came up, when I was insisting that girls who were in abortion clinics were VICTIMS and should be treated as such.

But everyone jeered and said they had the right to have sex, they had the right to their privacy, and they had the right to get an abortion.

Suddenly, it seems, underaged girls DON'T have the right to have sex, don't have the right to get married, and have no right whatsoever to privacy. And if they're of age and somebody finds OUT they had sex as underaged girls, again, they have no rights except the right to have their kids separated from them...because they had sex as minors.

It's crazy, and typical of the twisted and freedom-quashing mentality of a liberal mob.

They don't have the right to get married. If they are getting impregnated by adults then the adults should have charges filed against them. Or are you like RGS and only accept laws that you personally approve of?

sompin tells me shogun gets off on typing stuff like that...

Im painting a vocabulary picture that you can either embrace or reject. If the idea of polygamous old men preying on nubile young girls makes sense in your world then I would suggest you stay away from high schools.

They don't have the right to get married. If they are getting impregnated by adults then the adults should have charges filed against them. Or are you like RGS and only accept laws that you personally approve of?

So you agree that girls who go to abortion clinics should be taken into custody and have DNA testing to see who "raped" them?

So you agree that girls who go to abortion clinics should be taken into custody and have DNA testing to see who "raped" them?

Again, apples/oranges... I know you're dying to turn this thread into an anti-choice tirade, but try to stick to the subject.

Do you or don't you think it's ok for young girls to be raped by old men?

I asked first. Do you think there should be investigations into the pregnancy of any underaged girl? Or just the Christian ones?

I asked first. Do you think there should be investigations into the pregnancy of any underaged girl? Or just the Christian ones?

If an adult impregnates her? Toss the book at him. Abortion clinic is just a stupid argument.

You're absurd if you think it' a Christian thing. No adultshould touch a kid. And defending raping girls in the name of religion is sick.

Your turn...

You think it's ok for old men to rape young girls in the name of Christ?

This discussion reminds me in some ways about discussions about the Iraq war.

The official reasons for going in to begin with are seen by some as shaky, based on faulty/questionable intel, or even dishonest, which is one of the main things objectors point to, along with the double-standard: if this one, why not other similar ones?

Behind that are the layers of "real" reasons for the action. Liberating the oppressed, for example, and fighting against patterns of behavior inimical to our way of life. Supporters feel bolstered by this and point out that the subject of the action was in violation of various mandates.

This parallel does make me wonder something, though. One of the "real" reasons for moving in on Iraq is their oil fields. I wonder if there is any economic motivation behind this raid, or at least its timing? Such a factor might be hard to see and not tempting to report on in this situation, amid the more sensational factors.

If that's rape, it's rape when 16 year olds who end up in abortion clinics get pregnant as well. We all know that only girls who choose to get abortions can make a rational choice to have sex.

If somebody's married before 18 and has sex, well then, it's rape.

who's legally married? not these 16 or YOUNGER year olds? you can't be married to someone who is already married in the USA?

at 16 yrs old or younger....did they freely choose their sex mate... of 40 years their SENIOR, who is already sleeping with 5-10 other women?

that's insanity....if not mind control....

your abortion comments imho belong in a thread about abortion and is another important discussion, but separate from this possible serious situation.

care

If that's rape, it's rape when 16 year olds who end up in abortion clinics get pregnant as well. We all know that only girls who choose to get abortions can make a rational choice to have sex.

If somebody's married before 18 and has sex, well then, it's rape.

Again, just because you'll excuse anything in the name of Christianity, don't change the subject. They're not comparable.

And sex before 18 isn't rape, thankfully. However, it is when pedophilic old men do it... even if they tell the poor abused girls that it's sacrament.

Try again.

Yes, they are comparable, and your reluctance to address the question proves it's a sticking point.

Do you think it's rape when any underage girl has sex, or only when Christian girls do it within what they consider a marriage? It's a simple question.

This discussion reminds me in some ways about discussions about the Iraq war.

The official reasons for going in to begin with are seen by some as shaky, based on faulty/questionable intel, or even dishonest, which is one of the main things objectors point to, along with the double-standard: if this one, why not other similar ones?

Behind that are the layers of "real" reasons for the action. Liberating the oppressed, for example, and fighting against patterns of behavior inimical to our way of life. Supporters feel bolstered by this and point out that the subject of the action was in violation of various mandates.

This parallel does make me wonder something, though. One of the "real" reasons for moving in on Iraq is their oil fields. I wonder if there is any economic motivation behind this raid, or at least its timing? Such a factor might be hard to see and not tempting to report on in this situation, amid the more sensational factors.

good point. i wonder what the ''local'' politics is on this....

i am troubled that the place was raided on a false accusation....i understand retsgts concern regarding this....but what he is implying, that the police did not go in on good faith of that call is a presumption i am not willing to take.

mainly because to me, THE COPS DID NOT MAKE THIS CALL, the cops did not set up this woman from the colorado cell phone to call....at least it appears that she did this all on her own....

now....could the texas police have figured this out ....that it was a hoax, before going in to the raid...yes, i think they probably could have done such, this is where retsgt has a point, to some degree imho.

HOWEVER, maybe, because children were involved, and they ALSO KNEW the history or this religious sect from people that had escaped or men that were thrown out.... they reacted as quickly as possible?

a supposed ruling came down that they acted in good faith....so, supposedly the raid is legal?

regardless at this point, discoveries of children bearing children has become evident and it would be negligent of the State to not try to rectify it and protect other young girls from possible abuse...

i heard child services can keep them for 2 months while going through a discovery period?

care

good point. i wonder what the ''local'' politics is on this....

i am troubled that the place was raided on a false accusation....i understand retsgts concern regarding this....but what he is implying, that the police did not go in on good faith of that call is a presumption i am not willing to take.

mainly because to me, THE COPS DID NOT MAKE THIS CALL, the cops did not set up this woman from the colorado cell phone to call....at least it appears that she did this all on her own....

now....could the texas police have figured this out ....that it was a hoax, before going in to the raid...yes, i think they probably could have done such, this is where retsgt has a point, to some degree imho.

HOWEVER, maybe, because children were involved, and they ALSO KNEW the history or this religious sect from people that had escaped or men that were thrown out.... they reacted as quickly as possible?

a supposed ruling came down that they acted in good faith....so, supposedly the raid is legal?

regardless at this point, discoveries of children bearing children has become evident and it would be negligent of the State to not try to rectify it and protect other young girls from possible abuse...

i heard child services can keep them for 2 months while going through a discovery period?

care

Actually, "good faith" is usually a term reserved for excusing a huge mistake. For example, if a cop invades the wrong house, or shoots a kid with a water gun, he could be acting in good faith. He believed he had a valid reason to do what he did, even though later it's shown the act itself was incorrect...if that makes sense.

Yes, they are comparable, and your reluctance to address the question proves it's a sticking point.

Do you think it's rape when any underage girl has sex, or only when Christian girls do it within what they consider a marriage? It's a simple question.
how can Christian girls believe in polygamy when Christ himself spoke of one man one wife, didn't He?

a 16 year old having sex with another 16 year old or older, is not rape in most states, they allow a 2 -3 year difference in age, before calling it rape.

No.... Christian girls who are farmed out to old men are being raped.

But thanks for confirming what I already knew...you will support anything as long as there's some claim that it's christian in nature.

These people are sick. And sicker still is not condemning them to hell.

Actually, "good faith" is usually a term reserved for excusing a huge mistake. For example, if a cop invades the wrong house, or shoots a kid with a water gun, he could be acting in good faith. He believed he had a valid reason to do what he did, even though later it's shown the act itself was incorrect...if that makes sense.

yes it does make sense, and it is also part of God's laws given to us....fairness which also resides in determining something in our society like manslaughter, vs involuntary manslaugher.... murder verses premeditated murder....

but yes, it is a term in our society, primarily covering what one would call, ''an honest mistake''.

care

Of course, if it was an atheist sect no one would care. Certainly not the state of Texas.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back