More resignations for Cain by Staff

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Herman Cain hits some speed bumps - Kendra Marr and Juana Summers - POLITICO.com

But instead, the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO suffered a wave of resignations from his early-state staff, throwing into question whether Cain will continue to rise - or if this is as good as it gets for the long-shot candidate.

Iowa organizational director Tina Goff and New Hampshire director Matt Murphy quit, as did regional director Jim Zeiler and Iowa straw poll director Kevin Hall, with Goff and Murphy pointing to Cain’s refusal to invest more heavily in their respective states.

Goff told CNN that Cain “wasn’t willing to make the commitment to Iowa necessary to win the straw poll.”

“I didn’t want it to go this way,” she said. “I’m very sad about it.”

I'm not sure why Cain doesn't want to invest more time in Iowa and NH. He's likely to make the same mistake that Rudy did by waiting so long.

I'm not sure why Cain doesn't want to invest more time in Iowa and NH. He's likely to make the same mistake that Rudy did by waiting so long.

Agreed, and Rudy is the perfect example. By the time he was in no one thought he could win. You don't have to win Iowa and NH, but you have to compete or people just drop you from their thinking. Exactly the reason I am glad Romney is skipping Iowa, but I like Herman Cain.

Forum List

Back