More overrated: JFK or Reagan?

Miss_Cleo.jpg

John Kennedy would never have been reelected.

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, if JFK had followed the advice of the military brass, Senate and Congressional leaders, and most of his cabinet, much of America would be a smoking hole and there would be no Reagan to rate.
A perfect example, of the opposite, would have been....nearly everyone, around Lyndon Johnson, who kept pushing to get more-deeply-involved in 'Nam....all "disappeared", when everything (they lobbied-for) turned-to-shit.

Motto: Don't let anyone do your thinking, for you.

Ultimately, you're the one who has to live with the outcome....not them.​

It didn't really. All of the defense contractors got exactly what they wanted--a real boost to their bottom line.
Don't forget about their investors....the 1%ers....those folks who ALWAY$ profit, from War....but, never want to pay any taxes on their blood-money.​

During the Cuban Missile Crisis, if JFK had followed the advice of the military brass, Senate and Congressional leaders, and most of his cabinet, much of America would be a smoking hole and there would be no Reagan to rate.
A perfect example, of the opposite, would have been....nearly everyone, around Lyndon Johnson, who kept pushing to get more-deeply-involved in 'Nam....all "disappeared", when everything (they lobbied-for) turned-to-shit.

Motto: Don't let anyone do your thinking, for you.

Ultimately, you're the one who has to live with the outcome....not them.​

One of the great ironies of Vietnam began with the request of the French through Admiral Radford for American carrier air support at Dien Bien Phu in 1954 to knock the Viet Minh artillery off the hills surrounding the ville where the French troops were trapped.
We surely did pay, for our hypocrisy.......​

"Ho Chi Minh asked the Americans to honor their commitment to independence, citing the Atlantic Charter and the U.N. Charter on self-determination. However, by the end of the war, the U.S. government had begun to redirect its foreign policy from the wartime goal of the liberation of all occupied countries and colonies to the postwar anti-communist crusade, which became the Cold War. In France, where communists had led the resistance to the Nazi occupation, American policy supported General Charles de Gaulle and his anti-communist "Free French." De Gaulle aimed to restore the glory of France, which meant the return of all former French colonies. U.S. relations with the Vietnamese turned sour. President Truman refused to answer letters or cables from Ho. Instead, the U.S. began to ship military aid to the French forces in Indochina."

We fucked-up.....and, got our collective-asses-handed-to-us......​

I know a retired secret service agent who has absolutely nothing good to say about Reagan. Says that he was a two-faced lying phony who wouldn't give anyone the time of day unless he somehow stood to gain from the relationship. Conversely, he has nothing bad to say about Bush Sr. Says he was a true gentleman who honestly cared about everyone, right down to the indigent pan-handler.

Bush Sr. is one of the most under-rated presidents of our time. Easily.
....As-long-as character isn't a consideration.....

:eusa_shhh:

Seriously, when it comes to Presidents I like mine Machievellian. It's pretty damn tough to be a good man and a good leader. Ask Jimmy Carter. Being a terrible person and a good leader though? Not that tough.

I consider Bill Clinton to be one of the slickest political operators we've seen in my lifetime, and probably one of the most effective Presidents. But as Character goes? Clinton was a lying cheating snake, no if's and's or but's about it.

I legitimately believe that George W. Bush was a guy with a lot of sincerely good intentions. That didn't stop him from getting lead around by the nose by the some of the most easily corrupt individuals in politics.

Character =/= Leadership ability. It's that simple.

Bush Sr. is one of the most under-rated presidents of our time. Easily.
....As-long-as character isn't a consideration.....

:eusa_shhh:

Seriously, when it comes to Presidents I like mine Machievellian. It's pretty damn tough to be a good man and a good leader. Ask Jimmy Carter. Being a terrible person and a good leader though? Not that tough.

I consider Bill Clinton to be one of the slickest political operators we've seen in my lifetime, and probably one of the most effective Presidents. But as Character goes? Clinton was a lying cheating snake, no if's and's or but's about it.

I legitimately believe that George W. Bush was a guy with a lot of sincerely good intentions. That didn't stop him from getting lead around by the nose by the some of the most easily corrupt individuals in politics.

Character =/= Leadership ability. It's that simple.

I have a different theory...most presidents need to fuck somebody. Kennedy and Clinton fucked women. Nixon and Bush Jr. fucked the people.

Nixon ruined the lives of millions with his war on drugs based on his personal bias, paranoia and bigotry. Bush Jr's war of ideology caused more American deaths than 911, and his environmental policy, the worst in history will cause the premature death of at least 6 X more Americans EVERY year than died on 911...

Forum List

Back