More Mexicans are leaving the USA......will tomato prices rise

I say pay pickers who are citizens 30 bucks an hour. Seems fair. And that isn't much of a wage these days. Otherwise I advocate no Americans apply. Let the crops rot.

No, but that is too little for picking tomatoes,

No picking needed anymore

...I stopped at a Hispanic restaurant for lunch yesterday. The place was packed with Hispanics shelling out 14 to 20 dollars each for lunch.

The narrative has them eating beans 3 meals a day.

You checked everyone to find out they were all illegal?

Ahhh. Good question. Nowhere in my post did I mention illegals......

"The illegals need to be seen as slave labor who are beaten and whipped by big Agriculture and paid sweatshop wages."

As a resident of Maryland that is a narrative that I do hear.

We are a sanctuary State.

As I interact with Americans and the Hispanic community I hear that illegals are taken advantage of and work for pennies on the dollar, basically at slave wages, and are suffering at the hands of those who hire them.

Yes. I do know a number of illegal families. Admitted by them.

They are doing quite well and harbor others who you see at Home Depot and 7-11, but once they tend to acclimate, they too do quite well for themselves.

Every construction site has a majority of Hispanic framers, drywall, painters, etc.

They are earning the same pay as the others on these sites.

They are not showing up to work in 20 year old Toyota trucks.

It's really not going to effect me that much up here regardless, most of our local farmers are small time so they're not hiring bunches of illegals. ~shrug~

More Mexicans are crossing the border — to leave the US. Here’s one family’s story.

Seriously, are you scared of paying an American minimum wage to pick crops?

At one time picking fruit was a short term but well paid job until the orchard owners brought in the Mexicans at minimum wage. Picking apples was a fun job and paid well at one time believe it or not

Yep...it's no different than lawn mowing.
When I was a kid I made twenty bucks a lawn with mow,edge and weed eat.
And thirtyfive years later I can get the same service for $25 bucks.
I cant believe anyone can tell me with a straight face that mass immigration doesn't affect the American worker.....they even fuck over 14 year olds.

And dont get me started on what immigration has done to the blue collar industries...

You lack empathy, what the fuck would you expect your kid to do if there were trucks full of occupying Chinese soldiers rolling around?

I doubt your daddy would be proud of what you just said. And if he would be he's a fuckign sociopath

I have no Empathy at all. None. Never have and likely never will. I would expect my son to have been better trained by his father than to throw a frag grenade at a tank, when there was a GP full of MPs right there. Dump it in the back of the GP and he'd probably have killed 3 MPs. Toss it at the tank and the MPs damn near cut you in half with the M-60.

My father had no problem doing what he did. He made it abundantly clear to me that killing the enemy is never a sin.

That kids daddy was probably dead

Probably killed by one of us for no fucking reason

Just as stupid as our sons would be if we got fucking bombed out of existence from some bird tens of thousands of feet above us before they came of age

It's time teenagers learn to work. Before they became careers, people my age earned cash for gas, insurance and the like at restaurants, bagged groceries, whatever. I don't know why kids can't pull crops when I used to clean-up horse manure, and I didn't mind it one bit.

It's time teenagers learn to work. Before they became careers, people my age earned cash for gas, insurance and the like at restaurants, bagged groceries, whatever. I don't know why kids can't pull crops when I used to clean-up horse manure, and I didn't mind it one bit.

Kids get money from their parents who gladly hand it over. They don't tell their kids that if they want money, go get a job. So many kids are not raised like we were.

When I was younger, your primary goal was to try out your wings. When you became an adult, the first thing you wanted was your own place to live. Today, kids live with their parents into their 30's, sometimes getting married before they leave. And why not? They can now stay on their parents health insurance plan until the age of 28.

Forum List

Back