MORE LIBERAL INSANITY New York outlaws open doors & windows if you have the air conditioner on.

Sounds like a great idea. They do that shit here on post all of the time. Most of their problems center around the fact that soldiers leave their doors and windows open, and their AC systems constantly overload and fill up with condensation. It also causes the compressors to overwork and go out on High-head pressure because they're running at max constantly.

Then they call us and tell us they have no AC.

I guess it's job-security.

Last edited:
Uhh... that wouldn't be "Liberalism". It might be leftism --- not Liberalism.

You like saying that, but you never can give examples of what you see as the difference or who is one or the other

I give oodles of examples of the differences and always have. As for who is one or the other, I don't need to do that for a definition so that's irrelevant. Liberalism is a philosophy -- not an astrological sign.

My go-to easy example has always been: to declare "all men are created equal" is Liberalism; to then try to make it happen via Affirmative Action laws, is leftism. Liberalism is passive rather than pro-active. It merely stands out of the way unless and until there's some kind of abuse going on.

I've offered that example literally from the first time I ever brought it up. Ignoring it doesn't wipe it out.

Still no examples of a liberal versus a leftist, you are consistent, you never have one

What part of "Liberalism is a philosophy, not a person" is eluding you?

People are not labels. A given person may be Liberal in this, Conservative in that. This endless child-game of hanging labels on people to relentlessly pound square pegs into round holes so you can have your cookie-cutter "they all look alike to me" dumbed-down fantasy world where everything is a convenient black and white and everyone wears their assigned costume, forever, world without end amen, is one in which I do not, and will not, participate. Period.

It does not go unnoticed that you clamor for labels for other people yet melt down when they fall on you. Nomsayin', "Republican"? Can't have it both ways. If you reject labels on yourself, then you can't very well demand that others wear them.

So there are no liberals, there is only a liberal philosophy. That's so deep if I dove head first into it I would break my neck...

Obviously it's too deep for you.

I never alluded to a person -- I alluded to a philosophical dynamic. What the OP describes isnt "Liberalism" and that's the point.

WHO the people are that may be attached to it is an entirely different question. I don't even know who they are, nor do I care, because that's not at all my point. See if you can find the intellectual capacity to figure out what a philosophical dynamic is without having to anthropomorphize it.

Or is that too "deep"?

Last edited:
Another example of why the far left should never be in charge of anything, especially government..

Why? Because running your air conditioner with the windows open is a sacred RWnut ritual?

Yep. I'm paying the bill.
I'm in SW Florida have sliding doors that lead out to the lanai and pool. Leave them open all the time.
I also have a hot tub that I leave heated all year even though I don't use it.
We fall asleep every night leaving 1 or 2 tvs on.
Hell my electric bill is higher than my mortgage.
========

And you're PROUD of that. OK. Now we know your intelligence level.

So because I live comfortably I'm not intelligent?

Another example of why the far left should never be in charge of anything, especially government..

Why? Because running your air conditioner with the windows open is a sacred RWnut ritual?

I'm in SW Florida have sliding doors that lead out to the lanai and pool. Leave them open all the time.
========

Throwing money away on TVs that nobody's watching, heated tubs that nobody's using, lighted rooms that nobody's in, etc... isn't exactly the zenith of intellectual prowess, is it?

Give me fifty bucks. Why not? You obviously have no use for it.

========

Throwing money away on TVs that nobody's watching, heated tubs that nobody's using, lighted rooms that nobody's in, etc... isn't exactly the zenith of intellectual prowess, is it?

Hey, we fall asleep. Subliminally I think I hear it during the night. It's great waking up in the morning to Fox News, I don't have to fumble around for the remote or wait for the tv to turn on.

When my back is hurting I want to jump in the hot tub, not wait until it heats up.

You need $50? Are you a Republican?

To offset climate change this is the kind of draconian measures you expect to see a lot more of in the years to come.

Energy to power a/c comes from what's causing the climate change. If you're leaving windows n doors open you're wasting energy adding unnecessary strain on the climate.

If you resent this sort of thing reconsider your position on climate change. Compared to what's coming, this is nothing.

Not to mention the strain on the very old and fragile northeast power grid. Republicans don't want to rebuild infrastructure so this is the result. Sort of like Iraq and other countries where resources have been overwhelmed

========

Hey, we fall asleep. Subliminally I think I hear it during the night. It's great waking up in the morning to Fox News, I don't have to fumble around for the remote or wait for the tv to turn on.

When my back is hurting I want to jump in the hot tub, not wait until it heats up.

No I don't "need" it. But obviously I can find far more efficient --- and intelligent --- uses for it than you can. And since you're already throwing it away on literally nothing...

========

No I don't "need" it. But obviously I can find far more efficient --- and intelligent --- uses for it than you can. And since you're already throwing it away on literally nothing...

It's my money I'll use however I want.

In the winter the AC isn't on as much so when the electric bill is lower I use the extra money to buy maps to give to the homeless.

========

Fox doesn't do the news.

========

Another irony impaired post from a far left drone..

========

Fox doesn't do the news.

Actually they do NEWS, You must be think of all those far left blog sites you read..

Its common sense that you close your doors and windows when the AC is running. Only libs and dems would think a law is needed to make people do that.

It's common sense to drive slowly through a school zone too. By your reasoning, laws enforcing that should be repealed.

Exactly. So if you hit a child in a school zone you get convicted and go to jail. If you leave your doors open you pay a higher electric bill.

There are people who run A/C in one part of the home and just leave open windows in another. You can shut the A/C off to one room or a whole story. We had a door that closed off the stairs to the second story and there was no need to cool the upstairs most of the time, so left upstairs windows open. Nice to know that some idiot thinks people are just being irresponsible.

Newsflash. The average American doesn't waste energy because they can't afford to. I have seen more waste in government housing by those who are subsidized. Government buildings don't exactly conserve. Government buildings in San Francisco waste tons of water every day on an outdated system.

Nothing turns you into a miser like having to pay your own bills each month.

========

It's my money I'll use however I want.

But of course. And since you can't think of anything more intelligent than leaving shit consuming power for the benefit of absolutely no one, you might as well throw it away in my direction.
You'll derive exactly the same benefit you're getting now; zero equals zero.

You like saying that, but you never can give examples of what you see as the difference or who is one or the other

I give oodles of examples of the differences and always have. As for who is one or the other, I don't need to do that for a definition so that's irrelevant. Liberalism is a philosophy -- not an astrological sign.

My go-to easy example has always been: to declare "all men are created equal" is Liberalism; to then try to make it happen via Affirmative Action laws, is leftism. Liberalism is passive rather than pro-active. It merely stands out of the way unless and until there's some kind of abuse going on.

I've offered that example literally from the first time I ever brought it up. Ignoring it doesn't wipe it out.

Still no examples of a liberal versus a leftist, you are consistent, you never have one

People are not labels. A given person may be Liberal in this, Conservative in that. This endless child-game of hanging labels on people to relentlessly pound square pegs into round holes so you can have your cookie-cutter "they all look alike to me" dumbed-down fantasy world where everything is a convenient black and white and everyone wears their assigned costume, forever, world without end amen, is one in which I do not, and will not, participate. Period.

It does not go unnoticed that you clamor for labels for other people yet melt down when they fall on you. Nomsayin', "Republican"? Can't have it both ways. If you reject labels on yourself, then you can't very well demand that others wear them.

So there are no liberals, there is only a liberal philosophy. That's so deep if I dove head first into it I would break my neck...

I never alluded to a person -- I alluded to a philosophical dynamic. What the OP describes isnt "Liberalism" and that's the point.

WHO the people are that may be attached to it is an entirely different question. I don't even know who they are, nor do I care, because that's not at all my point. See if you can find the intellectual capacity to figure out what a philosophical dynamic is without having to anthropomorphize it.

Or is that too "deep"?

It's as deep as a back yard kiddie pool

Or is that too "deep"?

Then why do you need stick figure diagrams to figure it out?
Ultimately it has to dawn on the unwashed that this personalization shit, this obsession with making politics into a soap opera, this Lust Rimjob/Fox Noise demonization approach where the focus becomes politician (the personal) rather than policy (the abstract conceptual) ............ simply so that the entire schtick may be diluted into an Emmanuel Goldstein Gossip Fest, is a game for children.

Wooooo, scary monsters. Grow up already.

Or is that too "deep"?

Then why do you need stick figure diagrams to figure it out?
Ultimately it has to dawn on the unwashed that this personalization shit, this obsession with making politics into a soap opera, this Lust Rimjob/Fox Noise demonization approach where the focus becomes politician (the personal) rather than policy (the abstract conceptual) ............ simply so that the entire schtick may be diluted into an Emmanuel Goldstein Gossip Fest, is a game for children.

Wooooo, scary monsters. Grow up already.

You sure use a lot of words to say liberalism isn't leftism but you can't name a single actual "liberal" who isn't a leftist

Forum List

Back