More Heads to Roll at CNN

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
I wonder how much they paid their talking heads, per minute?
it's about time Cnn did something, they have pretty much lost any credibility in HONEST REPORTING

SNIP:
Jan 29, 2013 5:45 PM EST

Jeff Zucker blew up CNN on Tuesday, rattling nerves throughout the network. Insiders tell Lloyd Grove this is just the beginning. Plus, can the new chief's "big ideas" do the trick?

Jeff Zucker’s reign of shock and awe has only just begun.

Well, maybe not “shock,” since the new president of CNN Worldwide has made no secret of his intention to shake up the ratings-challenged cable network from top to bottom.

Zucker launched his makeover Tuesday by announcing the imminent arrival of ABC News anchor Chris Cuomo to take over the troubled 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. slot currently occupied by Soledad O’Brien. According to network sources, Cuomo, who was said to be unhappy at ABC’s 20/20 since being passed over in 2009 for the top job at Good Morning America, will be joined in the morning by the current anchor of CNN’s Erin Burnett OutFront, leaving a hole for Zucker to fill at 7 p.m.

all of it here
More Heads to Roll at CNN - The Daily Beast

CNN has tried to not be "infotainment" like Faux and PMSNBC.

And they fail miserably.

Frankly, this all reminds me of the movie Network, where they take the typical news program and turn it into a media circus after Anchorman Howard Beale has a psychological breakdown, but gets better ratings.

But compared to the likes of Hannity and Olberman and Beck and Maddow, Beale seemed relatively restrained.

network1.jpg

Your right Joe CNN didnt get into the circus left and right thing of Fox and MSNBC and I would have hoped they would have done alot better staying just on the news. Shows the mentality of the people, they just want to hear what they like...truth doesnt matter anymore and Fox nor msnbc will give you the truth

Crap News Networks' rating suck and people get fired so the Sycophantic Libtards do exactly what you'd expect: Attack FoxNews! :D

Cris Cuomo is a good addition

Big pickup for CNN

Soledad O'Brian is perhaps the best thing CNN has going for them. She asks the tough questions. Most, if not all, the rest of them are palookas of various stripes. Particularly that Wolf character.

I hate CNN with a passion...for years now. I spew it out of my mouth as they are neither hot, nor cold, but attempt to be lukewarm and miserably fail at everything.

Crap News Networks' rating suck and people get fired so the Sycophantic Libtards do exactly what you'd expect: Attack FoxNews! :D

Ratings does not make for news. They work against it.

This is a money situation. Transforming TV news into a profit-making business --which it's never been and probably never can be-- requires all kinds of LCD compromise that we're well familiar with by now. But you don't get ratings from straight and honest newscasting. You get them by pumping up the drama, regardless how insignificant, and ignoring the boring details of financial shenanigans in favour of hot-button emotional crap like the latest missing white girl and what (who cares) Michael Fucking Jackson was doing when he died.

We get what we pay for. Once the "news" became entertainment, it wasn't coming back.

Last edited:
I used to watch Robin Meade on CNN @ 15 years ago :eusa_drool: but yeah, for-profit news is "drama" as opposed to "news driven" as Pogo pointed out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back