More GM Bullshit

Union Workers Caught Drinking and Smoking Pot on the Job Again - Unions - Fox Nation

This is what unions collectively bargon for.

Chrysler Auto Workers in Trenton Caught Smoking and Drinking During Lunch Breaks: MyFoxDETROIT.com

FOX 2 investigative reporter Rob Wolchek got a call from two different workers inside Chrysler's Trenton Engine Plant telling him they don't want to work with people who have been partying.

"It's dangerous," says one worker.

Ten months ago, Wolchek revealed how some workers at the Chrysler Jefferson North Plant in Detroit spent their lunch hour drinking beer. The video showing them going to the park to catch a buzz before heading back to work to finish their shifts gained worldwide attention. Subsequent disciplinary action of the workers was taken by Chrysler. The company does not condone this kind of behavior.

This time our video shows workers a mile from the plant, but just steps away from a United Auto Workers hall. It's the same kind of problem at a different location with a new method of having a good time; inhaling lunch before finishing a plant shift.

And what exactly does reckless job behavior have to do with unions?

OIC, my bad.

These guys are union workers.
These guys are reckless.
Ergo, all union workers are reckless workers.

Riiiiiiiight.
:cuckoo:

Union Workers Caught Drinking and Smoking Pot on the Job Again - Unions - Fox Nation

This is what unions collectively bargon for.

Chrysler Auto Workers in Trenton Caught Smoking and Drinking During Lunch Breaks: MyFoxDETROIT.com

FOX 2 investigative reporter Rob Wolchek got a call from two different workers inside Chrysler's Trenton Engine Plant telling him they don't want to work with people who have been partying.

"It's dangerous," says one worker.

Ten months ago, Wolchek revealed how some workers at the Chrysler Jefferson North Plant in Detroit spent their lunch hour drinking beer. The video showing them going to the park to catch a buzz before heading back to work to finish their shifts gained worldwide attention. Subsequent disciplinary action of the workers was taken by Chrysler. The company does not condone this kind of behavior.

This time our video shows workers a mile from the plant, but just steps away from a United Auto Workers hall. It's the same kind of problem at a different location with a new method of having a good time; inhaling lunch before finishing a plant shift.

And what exactly does reckless job behavior have to do with unions?

OIC, my bad.

These guys are union workers.
These guys are reckless.
Ergo, all union workers are reckless workers.

Riiiiiiiight.
:cuckoo:

Round two, same problem, same plant, same reporter. Who is Koo Koo now ? At the very least, it points to them being very stupid if nothing else.

I thought union workers were like oh so much safer? Sounds like they ain't much different other than getting 5 more smoke breaks a day and 15 more days off a year and better pay.

Anyhoo... I though the whole selling point of unions was their squeaky clean record? I guess not so much.

Where did you hear that? For the most part... Union workers are safer and more motivated employees.

The whole selling point of Unions is that workers have a say in their work environment. That they can negotiate their wages(within reason) and benefits. That they can't be ABUSED by their employers. You see, Unions are for the workers.... not management.

But in situations such as this, discipline does happen.... just because they aren't summarily dismissed on the first offense, doesn't mean that they aren't disciplined and certainly doesn't mean that they can't be fired for repeated behavior.

BTW... I didn't have a chance to view the video... was it the same employees that were disciplined before? If so, they should be dismissed...they would where I work.

Anyhoo... I though the whole selling point of unions was their squeaky clean record? I guess not so much.

Where did you hear that? For the most part... Union workers are safer and more motivated employees.

The whole selling point of Unions is that workers have a say in their work environment. That they can negotiate their wages(within reason) and benefits. That they can't be ABUSED by their employers. You see, Unions are for the workers.... not management.

But in situations such as this, discipline does happen.... just because they aren't summarily dismissed on the first offense, doesn't mean that they aren't disciplined and certainly doesn't mean that they can't be fired for repeated behavior.

BTW... I didn't have a chance to view the video... was it the same employees that were disciplined before? If so, they should be dismissed...they would where I work.

I heard it from a union worker.

Oh, so there is no real benefit to the company for having unions in the workplace other than to benefit the worker. Duly noted. Kinda what I've been saying all along.

Oh well, it's a free country.

I thought union workers were like oh so much safer? Sounds like they ain't much different other than getting 5 more smoke breaks a day and 15 more days off a year and better pay.

Christ... you'd think that would sound good to you. Maybe you ought to join a union. BTW... the smoke break thing? Bullshit, we get 2 15's and a 30 minute lunch. Time off? depends on your seniority. the longer you've invested in your place of employment, the more time you get off.

Christ... you'd think that would sound good to you. Maybe you ought to join a union. BTW... the smoke break thing? Bullshit, we get 2 15's and a 30 minute lunch. Time off? depends on your seniority. the longer you've invested in your place of employment, the more time you get off.

Whoa.. settle down big guy.

BTW, I'm not in a union and I take a break whenever I want. I also work my own hours.... and I've never been abused by an employer? Shit, if I were, I'd quit.

More motivated ? Not from what I saw at the Delphi plant in Saginaw Michigan. They were about the laziest fucks to be seen. the temps did all the work. Not the union members.

Forum List

Back