More From Delicate Snowflakeville

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SAYIT, May 19, 2019.

1. SAYIT

SAYIT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,981
    Some of our newly-minted college grads and their professors just cannot stand to hear anything which does not conform to their leftarded narrative. It offends their delicate sensibilities.

Dozens walk out before Mike Pence's commencement address at Taylor University
    Dozens of graduates and faculty at Taylor University walked out of graduation exercises Saturday morning minutes before the introduction of Vice President Mike Pence...

In caps and gowns, the students and faculty rose and quietly walked down the aisle and out of the auditorium in the Kesler Student Activities Center at Taylor.

The protest, planned and discussed prior to Saturday’s ceremony,

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. miketx

miketx Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71,956
    Pussys grabbed and delivered to the libtard nation.

3. SAYIT

SAYIT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,981
    As with the raging horde of 9/11 "truthers," the number of irrational leftards may have peaked and have begun their inexorable slide. Expect ANTIFA to ramp up their activity as their numbers dwindle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47,115
    Running to their Safe Space, I imagine.

What a shame that this has been done to them. Teaching our kids to avoid opinions they don't like, that's horrible.

What a lousy thing to do to a young mind.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. SAYIT

SAYIT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,981
    They don't need to agree with any of Pence's beliefs but to not even listen to what the man just a heartbeat away from the Oval Office had to say is sadly typical of what our kids are being taught: if you don't like what you may hear, stick your head in the sand and sing Kumbaya as loudly as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Anathema

Anathema Crotchety Olde Man

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,482
    I wonder how many were PoliSci or similar Leftist/Progressive degree majors who would tell you they believe in “Free Speech”.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  7. depotoo

depotoo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,642
    I can’t believe the university itself allowed such disrespect.
    When I went to school, you could forfeit your right to a degree, if you went against code of conduct standards. The courts have also found such to be legal-

Academic institutions generally withhold a degree for three reasons: First, for academic problems, such as failing grades or academic dishonesty; second, for non-academic problems, such as failure to pay tuition or fees; and, third, for social misconduct that the college or university disapproves.14

In other cases, courts have also upheld the right of educational institutions to withhold a degree for student activity unrelated to academics but contrary to university policy. For example, in People ex rel. O’Sullivan v. New York Law School,36 the Law School withheld a student’s diploma for an incident involving a protest against the choice of a graduation speaker. The New York Supreme Court stated:
    It cannot be that a student having passed all examinations necessary for a degree can, before his graduation, excite disturbance and threaten injury to the school or college without being amendable to some punishment. No course would seem open except to forthwith expel him or refuse his degree. . . . The faculties of educational institutions having power to confer degrees
    . . . are necessarily vested with a broad discretion as to the persons who shall receive those honors. . . . Any other rule would be subversive of all discipline in the school. . . . We see no reason why the right to discipline is not as great between the final examination and the graduation as before. . . .37
    https://www.stetson.edu/law/conferences/highered/archive/2005/RevokeDegrees.pdf

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. OldLady

OldLady Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,057
    I don't think they were "avoiding" anything, Mac. The only thing "done" to their young minds was the choice to "vote with their feet" about a decision THEY made about Pence and the kind of drivel he was likely to preach at them. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't make them victims.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +47,115
    An example of my point. We should always encourage young people to expose themselves to all ideas, not encourage and make excuses for avoidance. I can't even believe I have to say that. This is just the latest in a long, long, long line of examples.

This is the same kind of bullshit as "Safe Spaces", and it blows my mind that adults are fine with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SassyIrishLass

SassyIrishLass Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +102,436
    And in the end all it does is make them look like delicate snowflakes.

Here they were thinking it was going to be earth shattering. Fckn loons

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1