More From Delicate Snowflakeville

Running to their Safe Space, I imagine. What a shame that this has been done to them. Teaching our kids to avoid opinions they don't like, that's horrible. What a lousy thing to do to a young mind...
I don't think they were "avoiding" anything, Mac. The only thing "done" to their young minds was the choice to "vote with their feet" about a decision THEY made about Pence and the kind of drivel he was likely to preach at them. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't make them victims.
OK, this thread was intended to highlight the lengths to which our snowflakes will go to avoid anything or anyone that does not make 'em feel warm & fuzzy. That said, by the time one graduates college one should be an adult or at least be able to fake it. You will note they met and planned their hissy-fit prior to graduation day. They could have chosen not to go at all.
An example of my point. We should always encourage young people to expose themselves to all ideas, not encourage and make excuses for avoidance. I can't even believe I have to say that. This is just the latest in a long, long, long line of examples. This is the same kind of bullshit as "Safe Spaces", and it blows my mind that adults are fine with it...
They obviously exposed themselves to enough ideas to know they didn't agree with or wish to listen to Pence's commencement address. This was not a lecturer they had to listen to for an exam. It was their commencement speaker.
Obviously? You don't know that but ASSume it to justify your acceptance of their childish actions. They may very well have spent their entire college life in the dorm or on the lawn playing Frisbee.
You have a good third of this country, telling themselves that those that disagree with them are such bad people that they cannot even sit though a ceremony together. That is deeply divisive, and is tearing this nation apart.
That's better. Use your words, not the funny button for every goddamned thing you don't agree with.
You avoided Correll's point ... that snowflake leftist petulance is not just childish, it's not good for this country or our national dialogue.

Instead of making silly excuses for their attitudes and actions why not join the adults and call this example of incivility what it was.

Sheesh.

Running to their Safe Space, I imagine. What a shame that this has been done to them. Teaching our kids to avoid opinions they don't like, that's horrible. What a lousy thing to do to a young mind...
I don't think they were "avoiding" anything, Mac. The only thing "done" to their young minds was the choice to "vote with their feet" about a decision THEY made about Pence and the kind of drivel he was likely to preach at them. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't make them victims.
OK, this thread was intended to highlight the lengths to which our snowflakes will go to avoid anything or anyone that does not make 'em feel warm & fuzzy. That said, by the time one graduates college one should be an adult or at least be able to fake it. You will note they met and planned their hissy-fit prior to graduation day. They could have chosen not to go at all.
An example of my point. We should always encourage young people to expose themselves to all ideas, not encourage and make excuses for avoidance. I can't even believe I have to say that. This is just the latest in a long, long, long line of examples. This is the same kind of bullshit as "Safe Spaces", and it blows my mind that adults are fine with it...
They obviously exposed themselves to enough ideas to know they didn't agree with or wish to listen to Pence's commencement address. This was not a lecturer they had to listen to for an exam. It was their commencement speaker.
Obviously? You don't know that but ASSume it to justify your acceptance of their childish actions. They may very well have spent their entire college life in the dorm or on the lawn playing Frisbee.
You have a good third of this country, telling themselves that those that disagree with them are such bad people that they cannot even sit though a ceremony together. That is deeply divisive, and is tearing this nation apart.
That's better. Use your words, not the funny button for every goddamned thing you don't agree with.
You avoided Correll's point ... that snowflake leftist petulance is not just childish, it's not good for this country or our national dialogue.

Instead of making silly excuses for their attitudes and actions why not join the adults and call this example of incivility what it was.

Sheesh.
I don't see it as "childish petulance." I see it as a rejection of what Pence and this administration have to say. You and I just see this differently, that's all.

Sheesh.
I don't see it as "childish petulance." I see it as a rejection of what Pence and this administration have to say. You and I just see this differently, that's all.

I would not have done that if the situation was reversed. I might not have gone, but a walk out? No.

Sheesh.

I would not have done that if the situation was reversed. I might not have gone, but a walk out? No.
I would not have missed my own graduation. Political protest is not polite.

Sheesh.

Unity cannot exist if we are constantly rude to each other.

By the act of convincing yourselves, that only a bad person could oppose you, you have created a massive divide in this nation.

Your extreme self righteousness is tearing this nation apart, possible forever.

Sheesh.

By the act of convincing yourselves, that only a bad person could oppose you, you have created a massive divide in this nation.

I don't necessarily believe a person is "bad" for disagreeing with me. You should know me better than that. And I'm not the one who is constantly giving "funnies" to mock and deride another's posts. That would be the conservatives--you know, the ones who are so humble and fair to others with a different opinion.

It was an commencement address. Odds are it would have been meaningless and vague generalities.

What a way to remember what should be a proud day in one's life.

Just imagine how the parents and relatives felt--some who traveled great distances at no small expense to share this proud day. They went to all that effort to share a once-in-a-lifetime event only to watch their brat behave like a 2-year-old.

Imagine flipping the bill for four years just to watch the little ingrate show you what it thinks of your financial sacrifice. A proud moment indeed.

Fine … don't join the adults. Your choice.

Running to their Safe Space, I imagine.

What a shame that this has been done to them. Teaching our kids to avoid opinions they don't like, that's horrible.

What a lousy thing to do to a young mind.

That's very illiberal of you.

Sheesh.

I see it like this: :lalala:

Because it's exactly like that. It's not a grownup manner of conducting one's self.
It's also disrespectful to the office of the President of the US.

These snowflakes will be running the country soon, yikes! :eek:

Last edited:
Schooling has become about comfort, tolerance, acceptance and not education. Universities of Public and Personal Relations don’t produce engineers and those who better the world.

Some of our newly-minted college grads and their professors just cannot stand to hear anything which does not conform to their leftarded narrative. It offends their delicate sensibilities.

Dozens walk out before Mike Pence's commencement address at Taylor University
Dozens of graduates and faculty at Taylor University walked out of graduation exercises Saturday morning minutes before the introduction of Vice President Mike Pence...

In caps and gowns, the students and faculty rose and quietly walked down the aisle and out of the auditorium in the Kesler Student Activities Center at Taylor.

The protest, planned and discussed prior to Saturday’s ceremony,
They did not want to hear from the bigoted piece of shit.

Unlike you, they are educated & know better.

Some of our newly-minted college grads and their professors just cannot stand to hear anything which does not conform to their leftarded narrative. It offends their delicate sensibilities.

Dozens of graduates and faculty at Taylor University walked out of graduation exercises Saturday morning minutes before the introduction of Vice President Mike Pence...

In caps and gowns, the students and faculty rose and quietly walked down the aisle and out of the auditorium in the Kesler Student Activities Center at Taylor.

Thus posteth a jackass dumber than rDerp. :rolleyes:

RealDave, for when you need industrial-strength stupid.

Now we find ways to justify & excuse them for being hateful, closed-minded, intolerant ideological warriors.

How's the weather in UpIsDownistan, Mac?

The kids rose and quietly, politely showed their disagreement with Pence's long- and well-known "hateful, closed-minded, intolerant ideological warrior" views. As any reasonable person would expect them to do.

That, of course, excludes the hateful, closed-minded, intolerant ideological warriors who would purposefully confuse boneheaded rigidity with intellectual curiosity in order to besmirch kids who would have nothing to do with that sleazy, homophobic Christian Taliban.

Thus posteth a jackass dumber than rDerp. :rolleyes:

RealDave, for when you need industrial-strength stupid.
College kids are not duped Trumpettes like you people,. They recognize bigotry when they see it. When my daughter graduated from college, they nearly all walked out on Santorum when he started to speak.

Sheesh.

I don't necessarily believe a person is "bad" for disagreeing with me. You should know me better than that. And I'm not the one who is constantly giving "funnies" to mock and deride another's posts. That would be the conservatives--you know, the ones who are so humble and fair to others with a different opinion.

You support the idea that Pence is so "bad" that it reasonable to disrupt a graduation ceremony with a protest walk out.

Forum List

Back