More "freedom" going on - doesnt rate a mention

Why would you agree to give up your right to self defense, because some idiot murders others?

Family of 4 dies in Texas hotel shooting

A family of 4 dead. Mom shot her kids aged 5 and 10 and her husband.Then killed herself.

I wonder if those kids would still be alive if this woman found it difficult to get a gun ?

Is it just possible ?
She could have easily killed them driving into a bridge abutment.

Ban cars and bridges.

Yet that is not the method she chose. That she chose to shoot them is about as clear an indicator of the root problem with gun possession: guns are simply too convenient a means for effecting fatal harm to others.

A family of 4 dead. Mom shot her kids aged 5 and 10 and her husband.Then killed herself.

I wonder if those kids would still be alive if this woman found it difficult to get a gun ?

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Yet that is not the method she chose. That she chose to shoot them is about as clear an indicator of the root problem with gun possession: guns are simply too convenient a means for effecting fatal harm to others.
Agreed...but freedom has consequences.

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Yes. She did choose to use a firearm.

That she chose to shoot them is a clear indication of a mental health issue.

Shooting someone with a firearm is convenient.

The firearms most of us own have never been used to fatally harm others.

Thomas has the belief that we should be disarmed.

Yea .. no gun violence in Britain ... they can't get guns ...

pg-19-gun-crime-alamy.jpg

Gun3(5).jpg

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

Like many Euros, he is completely sold on the idea that only the government and criminals (same thing really) should have guns.

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

I'm inclined to agree with that assertion; however, insofar as the Dickey Amendment prohibits the nation's foremost researchers from exploring the nature and extent to which that is indeed so, we just don't know whether it is or is not.

I have yet to hear any gun rights advocates advance proposals that one's right to exercise one's rights to lawful gun ownership and continued possession be predicated upon one's passing a mental stability examination. I mean really. How little concern must one have for the most basic wellbeing of others must one have to acknowledge the convenience factor and ascribe someone's murderous use of a gun to that factor combined with the person's being mentally unstable, yet reject/oppose initiatives that constrain gun possession to people who don't exhibit signs of any such instability?

That can be said of every gun owner/possessor, until they do thus use a gun. Nobody has a problem with people using their guns for lawful and moral purposes. The problem is that some gun owners don't use their guns for only such purposes and, at the moment, we have no means of interdicting or anticipating lawful gun owners'/possessors'/users' becoming unlawful users of their guns.

Last edited:
An alternate observation. IF someone gets to the point that they're going to murder someone they are close to, it can be assumed that they would do so regardless of having a gun or not. Personally, if my spouse goes whacko and decides to off me and mine, I should prefer to be shot in the head, than to have him rip me limb from limb (which he is more than capable of.) I would consider it a mercy from things I can imagine...

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

I'm inclined to agree with that assertion; however, insofar as the Dickey Amendment prohibits the nation's foremost researchers from exploring the nature and extent to which that is indeed so, we just don't know whether it is or is not.

I have yet to hear any gun rights advocates advance proposals that one's right to exercise one's rights to lawful gun ownership and continued possession be predicated upon one's passing a mental stability examination. I mean really. How little concern must one have for the most basic wellbeing of others must one have to acknowledge the convenience factor and ascribe someone's murderous use of a gun to that factor combined with the person's being mentally unstable, yet reject/oppose initiatives that constrain gun possession to people who don't exhibit signs of any such instability?

That can be said of every gun owner/possessor, until they do thus use a gun.

I'm in Maryland.

You must have a HQL to own or possess a firearm.

You must qualify or relinquish ownership.

If you have been voluntarily placed or placed into any mental health facility by a judge, for evaluation, you relinquish your right to own, possess or use a firearm.

Seems we have a method of disarming those who may be a threat.

How many criminals in Baltimore, Prince Georges County or any other jurisdiction are going to have their firearms denied to them by these laws?

Should only our 2nd amendments rights be based on certain criteria?

Last edited:

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

That can be said of every gun owner/possessor, until they do thus use a gun.

I'm in Maryland.

You must have a HQL to own or possess a firearm.

You must qualify or relinquish ownership.

If you have been voluntarily placed or placed into any mental health facility by a judge, for evaluation, you relinquish your right to own, possess or use a firearm.

How many criminals in Baltimore, Prince Georges County or any other jurisdiction are going to have their firearms denied to them by these laws?

Should only our 2nd amendments rights be based on certain criteria?

Well, okay, but voluntarily attesting to being mentally unstable isn't exactly all that helpful in matter.

Really? You construe relying on individuals to voluntarily, albeit with a judge's approval (what judge wouldn't agree with one who attest to being mentally unstable), place themselves into a mental facility as "a method of disarming those who may be a threat?"

While I cannot quantify that number, I can describe it: however many, in the state of Maryland, who "have been voluntarily placed or placed into any mental health facility by a judge, for evaluation," do not there lawfully purchase and in turn unlawfully use a gun they there obtained.
I'm in Maryland. [One] must have a HQL [Handgun Qualification license] to own or possess a firearm.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea.

It's worth noting that your use of the word "criminal" predicates one's criminality on their prior to their having been convicted for culpably committing a criminal act, being innately malfeasant. [1] One need not at all be so; some people are and some are not, yet people in both groups have been shown to be criminals. Individuals whose first criminal act is the unlawful use/possession of a gun are not necessarily before that criminals, regardless of whether they were before doing so placed in a mental facility.

Is it just possible ?

Ban cars and bridges.

It's funny that the Left continues to rant for gun control - especially considering the damage it does to their political campaigns - when they have so completely lost the national war over it.

Last edited:

Is it just possible ?
Don’t need guns to kill your family if you are so inclined, Tammy:

Taxi driver convicted of murdering his two children
Endris Mohammed, from Birmingham, killed son, eight, and daughter, six, before trying to kill wife with gas explosion.

A father who killed his two young children by smothering them with a petrol-soaked cloth and then tried to kill his wife in a gas explosion has been found guilty of murder.

Endris Mohammed, a taxi driver, attempted to murder his wife, Penil Teklehaimanot, by tampering with a gas pipe and setting fire to the family home in Hamstead, Birmingham, jurors heard.

Taxi driver convicted of murdering his two children

Forum List

Back