More car talk, what was your favorite car?

E-Type Jag. Greatest piece of automotive design ever.

jag-ecabrio-jr.jpg

Didn't work worth a damn though.

Two loves, a 55 Chevy, V8, three on the floor, raced everywhere and everyone, an American graffiti youth, blew an engine pegging the speedometer on 95 before much was completed and you could race in sections. But an old VW camper bought on the street for next to nothing was a love that took the family on camping adventures that I can still visualize, backroads are a real love. I recommend this for all families, boys blasting boom boxes, destination really just up north and some sunset sunrise, a few pots and pans and a fire. What more is there in life. ps Just today was doing 110 on the AC expressway.

I had one of these once, a 1953 MG TD, only mine was black with a red interior and a plaid tonneau cover.

ay9avt.jpg

This is the car I lusted after, a 1954 MG TF

igxlci.jpg

Now, this is a car... a 1929 Cord L-29

293vlts.jpg

-

Last edited:
I had one of these once, a 1953 MG TD, only mine was black with a red interior and a plaid tonneau cover.

ay9avt.jpg

This is the car I lusted after, a 1954 MG TF

igxlci.jpg

Now, this is a car... a 1929 Cord L-29

293vlts.jpg

-

Okay, you officially have the best taste in cars on this board in my entirely biased view.

You had me with the MG, but repecting that Corde? You got it

Only as far as Cords, this 1936 Cord 810 is:
15Cord810.jpg

DA BOMB

Tom Mix was driving his 1937 Cord Sportsman through the Arizona desert in 1940 when he took a wrong turn and swerved the car and a suitcase came loose in the back and struck him on the head and killed him.

f8352c8a9a.jpg

The Cord was a front wheel drive car, no power steering. They were not as easily maneuvarable as the front wheel drive cars of today.

-

Last edited:
Tom Mix was driving his 1937 Cord Sportsman through the Arizona desert in 1940 when he took a wrong turn and swerved the car and a suitcase came loose in the back and struck him on the head and killed him.

f8352c8a9a.jpg

The Cord was a front wheel drive car, no power steering. They were not as easily maneuvarable as the front wheel drive cars of today.

-
Beautiful!! Simply beautiful!!!

o geezes....sunni are you really that dense....lol...you go to advanced setting on the post....and can post thumbnails....or see that little button at the top of the box by the quote thing...says "insert image" you can use that option too. someone told me how to do it.

Yup, the Cords were stylin' iron, no doubt.

This is a Doozie, too

1935-Dusenberg-SSJ-Feature.jpg

1935 Dusenberg SSJ​

The 1930's totally rocked, folks.​

Best car designs, best woman's fashions, best men's fashions, best Jazz, and blues, best outlaws and bank robbers, too.​

And that was during the depression!

Yup, the Cords were stylin' iron, no doubt.

This is a Doozie, too

1935-Dusenberg-SSJ-Feature.jpg

1935 Dusenberg SSJ​

The 1930's totally rocked, folks.​

Best car designs, best woman's fashions, best men's fashions, best Jazz, and blues, best outlaws and bank robbers, too.​

And that was during the depression!

i couldnt imagine the insurance on one of these now.

Sunni Man wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I love those MG TD's
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I still recall the starting instructions from the owners manual:

"Pull starter knob out smartly and release immediately the engine fires."

Forum List

Back