More car talk, what was your favorite car?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
all this car talk...memories...what was your favorite car and why...are you driving it now or is it your first car ..what was it....car memories....ahhh that new car smell...

my most memorable....push button dodge dart....now lets see how many of the youngins are going ...a what? it was like a tank, couldnt go fast..i think it would do about 50 mph...dont remember the gas mileage since gas was....omg a quarter...

most fun...honda prelude....had to get rid of it...speeding tickets were adding up...i had already been requested by the state to go to driving school...had a "moon" roof.

your turn...

Course, I can't even remember his name anymore, but I can damn well remember the car. :eusa_shifty:

Oooh! Oooh! Ohhh! GTO. :eusa_drool::eusa_drool::eusa_drool: Mine, too.. It was bright orange. :D

The car or the guy?

Yeah, good time were had by all in that car. It was the "party" car if you know what I mean.............

I think it was required to date a guy with a GTO in high school, don't you?

I had a cream colored 76 Cadillac Eldorado Convertable. Nicest car I ever owned. 500 cubic inch from wheel drive power house. It got 6.5 miles to the gallon.

Second would be the 66 Buick Riviera. Beautiful car inside and out. I'll post a pick when I get home.

I had a 56' Mercedes 180D that I wish I owned today.

The fastest care I owed was a 67 Datsun Fair Lady.

The funnest car I owen was 67 Austin Healy Bug-eye.

all this car talk...memories...what was your favorite car and why...are you driving it now or is it your first car ..what was it....car memories....ahhh that new car smell...

my most memorable....push button dodge dart....now lets see how many of the youngins are going ...a what? it was like a tank, couldnt go fast..i think it would do about 50 mph...dont remember the gas mileage since gas was....omg a quarter...

most fun...honda prelude....had to get rid of it...speeding tickets were adding up...i had already been requested by the state to go to driving school...had a "moon" roof.

your turn...

Ummm .... my GRANDPARENTS owned a pushbutton Dodge Coronet.:eusa_silenced:

Ummm .... my GRANDPARENTS owned a pushbutton Dodge Coronet.:eusa_silenced:

i loved my push button. all the other teens had fast cars...i had my tank. my father was very selective in the cars i could drive....i took over his grand prix while he was in vietnam....so different from the push button one lol

i make no secret i am older than dirt....but it sure beats the alternative

My first car was 69 Mercury Montego. Followed closely by one of my favorites, a 69 Olds 442. I made it from the NW 27th St drive in to Cutler Ridge in 17 minutes once in the latter. Don't recall exactly how many miles that is but suffice to say the pedal was on the floor and I was in the center of 4 lanes.

Favorite is my current vehicle. A 01 GMC 2500 HD, fire engine red with a 6 liter 8. I haven't had to do a thing but change the oil, and one set of tires. Oh, and a battery.

One does not get in my truck. One climbs. Dis would need a ladder.:badgrin:

i loved my push button. all the other teens had fast cars...i had my tank. my father was very selective in the cars i could drive....i took over his grand prix while he was in vietnam....so different from the push button one lol

i make no secret i am older than dirt....but it sure beats the alternative

You're only 7 years older than I am. ;)

Just don't tell dis. She thinks NOBODY's older than I.:lol:

ah that was a nice ride....i love the old chevys....

I had a 70-something Gremlin when I was poor LCpl (E-3). The tires cost more than the car itself. It was faded original red-to-pink, primer grey, primer red, had a red-orange quarter panel off another Gremiln, and I robbed the front bench seat out of Hornet at the junkyard.

The cool things about that car was nobody got too close to me on the road, nobody mooched rides, and it was paid for and I put 200k miles on it easy and never had a problem with it. Got rid of it when I went to Okinawa the first time.

You just KNOW I was a chick magnet at the drive in!:lol:

I learned to drive in a 65 Chrysler Newport. Bigger than Rhode Island and a TANK. I had a friend that was a mechanic and he did something to that car. I would be sitting at a stoplight and a sports car would pull up beside me and rev the engine...the race was on. I could go from 0-60 in about 1/2 second, didn't even had to go over the speed limit to leave those little sports cars in the dust.

My biggest dream is to become that little old lady from pasedena. lol

You're only 7 years older than I am. ;)

Just don't tell dis. She thinks NOBODY's older than I.:lol:

Well, until now, I haven't seen any living PROOF that anyone's older than you. :eusa_whistle:

But hey, if she's willing to admit it, I guess I have to believe her.

1972 Chevelle. Not a super sport, though.

It was primer gray, but BEAUTIFUL Corvette Rallye's. 350 cid, turbo-350 trans.

I spent $0 on the exterior. All I cared about was SPEED. Man, I would kill to have that car back. Especially in light of what I replaced it with.

Got rid of it when I went to Okinawa the first time.

My buddy was stationed at Kadena from '99 until '07. His MOS was laad gunner. Were you there then?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back