More brazen bribery as NY exempts TV and film industry from gun laws

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This happens all the time in america. Lawmakers ban something and then sell exemptions!

New York politicians are going to make exceptions to the state's tough new gun control laws that allow movie crews to film fake gun fights on Manhattan streets | Mail Online

PUBLISHED: 00:13 EST, 28 February 2013 | UPDATED: 03:48 EST, 28 February 2013

New York pushed for the country’s strictest gun control laws following the Connecticut school shooting but they are now going back and making exceptions to allow the profitable movie industry to still film gun battles on the streets of Manhattan.

'We spend a lot of money in the state bringing movie production here, post-production here, so obviously we would want to facilitate that,' said Governor Andrew Cuomo, who wants to expand the film and TV tax credit.

He said movies and TV may use fake guns that wouldn't be subject to the new law but the industry wants 'certainty.'

The revised law would allow them to use real weapons without real ammunition.

'There's no reason not to make a change like that to give an industry comfort, especially when it's an industry we want to do business in the state,' the governor said.

Gotta help the liberals.. after all "its fair"

i wonder if these guys went through background checks to get those guns in hte first place. another thing to think about, did they purchase those guns in ny? if not, ny law also says you can't bring a gun in from another state. and what if someone steals one of those guns? and didn't cuomo and bloomberg say viloence in tv, movies and games is a major cause of our issues today? these guys make no sense

Where are the liberals? :eusa_whistle:

Figured RW would come on here and post some "logical" explanation :cool:

What hypocrisy! If they didn't, you'd be screaming how they were destroying another industry. This is a perfectly reasonable exception to the law, but reasonableness only seems to come into play when it's a conservative idea.

What hypocrisy! If they didn't, you'd be screaming how they were destroying another industry. This is a perfectly reasonable exception to the law, but reasonableness only seems to come into play when it's a conservative idea.

brandon lee would tend to disagee with you

Last edited:
No I wouldn't
It is BS and hypocritical. They want to talk about movies being a bad example for violence, but condone this? Dont give me that BS, Konradv

Who? Please provide a quote. Why should I care what Brandon Lee thinks?

i think his last words on the set were, i didn't know the gun was loaded.

The revised law would allow them to use real weapons without real ammunition.
They better not use real ammo, but not for the reasons most would think. I'm saying that they better not use real ammo is because of the idiotic way a lot of the actors hold their "weapons". If they did they'd probably hurt themselves worse than anyone they might be shooting at.
Who in their right mind would fire a Glock 9mm while aiming it from only about 3 inches from their face?
:eek:

I really would like an explanation for this..
"It is BS and hypocritical. They want to talk about movies being a bad example for violence, but condone this? Dont give me that BS, Konradv"

Exception to the law. Doesn't that phrase bother you at all?? If NY would just allow gun ownership like the constitution mandates, this issue wouldn't even come up.

No I wouldn't
It is BS and hypocritical. They want to talk about movies being a bad example for violence, but condone this? Dont give me that BS, Konradv

Like i said. Cuomo took a bribe from the film industrty. Politicians love to pass a law and then sell exemptions. Hundreds of companies have bought exemptions from obamacare.

brandon lee was on set playing with a gun loaded with blanks and the idiot shot himself in the head.

look ma, no brain. :cuckoo:

i'm loving the rabid fauxrage, though... hysterical.

I hear ya Jilly. It only is hypocritical when it is the right, right?
Look ma, no brain :cuckoo:

:)

Forum List

Back