More bad news for Tesla!!

To many people do not realize that electric means coal.
Or that natural gas comes from fracking, which is about 10 times dirtier to the environment than coal.
It is not just that about half the gas escaped into the atmosphere, but that fracking pushes carcinogens like benzine and xylene into the water table.

Ooooopsie......more downsizing. And the dopey-ass Tesla head, Musk now admitting that competing with conventional cares " going to be difficult." Well doy....I've been saying that for 10 years s0n.

Tesla shares plunge after job cuts, as Elon Musk sees a 'very difficult' road ahead

Does prove that even the most pronounced bubble dwellers have some hope.....:backpedal::backpedal:

Yeah, any business built on government support.. is a bad business model.

Plus, any business built on assumed market prices, is a bust too.

Years ago Exxon Mobile issued a report on why the company was not investing into big green energy programs like BP and Chevron.

The answer was pretty clean. They did a risk assessment.
1. The risk of oil prices continuing to climb (this was the mid-2000s when oil prices were high), and due to higher prices, having a lower demand.
2. The risk of oil prices dropping, and rendering green energy investments into a unprofitable loss.

They determined there was a far greater risk of prices dropping, and resulting in a massive loss, than there was a risk of losing revenue from much higher prices.

I just filled up for $1.86 /gal. Exxon was right. Elon Musk was wrong.

If gas prices had continued up over $4/gal, Elon's bet might have paid off. He was wrong. It's no more complex or interesting than that.

Most businesses setting out to make the world more culturally "good", have a problem with survival.

Ooooopsie......more downsizing. And the dopey-ass Tesla head, Musk now admitting that competing with conventional cares " going to be difficult." Well doy....I've been saying that for 10 years s0n.

Tesla shares plunge after job cuts, as Elon Musk sees a 'very difficult' road ahead

Does prove that even the most pronounced bubble dwellers have some hope.....:backpedal::backpedal:

Years ago Exxon Mobile issued a report on why the company was not investing into big green energy programs like BP and Chevron.

1. The risk of oil prices continuing to climb (this was the mid-2000s when oil prices were high), and due to higher prices, having a lower demand.
2. The risk of oil prices dropping, and rendering green energy investments into a unprofitable loss.

They determined there was a far greater risk of prices dropping, and resulting in a massive loss, than there was a risk of losing revenue from much higher prices.

If gas prices had continued up over $4/gal, Elon's bet might have paid off. He was wrong. It's no more complex or interesting than that.

Well at some point we likely will have to go bio diesel or electric.
There just is not even 20 years worth of oil left.
But we do have several hundred years worth of coal.

Most businesses setting out to make the world more culturally "good", have a problem with survival.

It is not an abstraction. There simply is not enough oil.
It can't be continued very long.

But electric vehicles do not solve anything either, as there still has to be some source of energy.
With oil, it was ancient sunlight.
Coal also is ancient sunlight.
But fracking natural gas is even dirtier than coal.

I prefer bio diesel, but that will compete with food for agricultural space.

You are another peak oil believer?

"There just is not even 20 years worth of oil left."

That is pretty stupid stuff you believe in, what Kool-Aid brand are you using?

There are potentially over 200 years of oil left to bring up, we also can make oil from coal anyway, Oil will be around for a long time.

I posted all this informational stuff in this forum a few months ago, that came from an actual Petroleum Geologist, but ignored by several warmists cream puffs right here in this forum.

Last edited:
Electric cars a probably good for people who drive short distances to work.
They are cheaper to drive per mile than gas cars.
People can recharge them in their garage.

Electric Cars vs Gas Cars: What Do They Cost? | EnergySage

A 2018 study from the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Institute found that electric vehicles cost less than half as much to operate as gas-powered cars. The average cost to operate an EV in the United States is $485 per year, while the average for a gasoline-powered vehicle is $1,117.

Oy

"20 tears of oil left" :iyfyus.jpg::iyfyus.jpg:

I guess the jackass professors in college are still saying this to students. I heard the same shit back in 1979.

Two things are driving this.

1. People realize Man Made Climate Change is a Hoax, and a government Scam.

2. Energy prices, including gasoline, are low due in part to increased U.S. fossil fuel production.

Forum List

Back