More bad news for Republicans...a housing recovery is underway

hey your right.

One small problem with your example.

Their reccessions did not include a complete collapse of housing prices and a world wide recession caused by their predicessor

booooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup...He is the one who did it

And now we have a Republican candidate wanting to return to the policies of Boooooooosh

Unsupported tax cuts and deregulation

No actually it was Clinton in 1999, remember "a house for everybody"... But people with with brains know both parties contributed, anyone who says otherwise is a partisan hack.

8 pages and you have yet to refute the statistics posted by Chris

Across the country, listed inventory is 20.4 percent lower than a year ago at this time

and you've yet to refute the statistics posted by everyone else!

Do you see a double standard here? We do.

Thats not what i am refuting

Chris posted statistics that indicate an improving housing market

Across the country, listed inventory is 20.4 percent lower than a year ago at this time

You say you have refuted what he posted. Show me

Do you agree that inventory is lower than a year ago?

you're being purposely obtuse.

We refuted his contention that there is a housing recovery. Every statistic other posters have posted refutes that there is a housing recovery.

Do Chris's numbers, regardless of all the other indicators posted in this thread, justify the thread title? Yes, or no? You're continual refusal to answer this simple question simply shows you to be a hack.

The Republicans cannot allow the nation to recover any more than it has. Every sign of recovery means more of a certain loss for Republicans in the next election. That is the way politics works in America, the party out of power needs bad things to happen to the party in power. Bad things help elect the out-of-power party.
Americans should be happy to learn, however, that even with Republicans fighting all signs of recovery they still have time to swear new oaths to Norquist. With those oaths to Norquist they hope to prevent a restoration of the taxes on the wealthy, and thus keep America in its huge debt and fending off full recovery.

Yea, the Republicans really want the US to suffer just so they can boot Obamavider. Do the Dems ever consider it might be this guy in the White House that is killing jobs, hurting the economy and piling up debt. :cuckoo:

Did it ever occur to them that perhaps his policies are the REAL problem...............nah, never, just couldn't happen. Blame, blame, blame, it's gotta be someone else's fault, just has to be.

No they didn't

They just showed a market that is still bad not one which is getting worse. Where did you refute this?

Re read the thread title, idiot!

THE THREAD TITLE! The original premise has been destroyed. How can you honestly sit there and defend him? Sure we can find states or counties where there is some recovery in the housing market (generally in red states) but the notion of a US market recovery is ridiculous. Chris talks of inventories and someone points out that there are over 4 million homes that would be on that list were it not for moratoriums on foreclosure filings and you can't see that as a refutation? How blind are you, really?

OMG he's so awesome, you know economies also go up and down on their own. Funny thing is, Reagan, Clinton and Bush got out of recssions MUCH MUCH faster than Obumble.
But hey it was your affirmative action housing that started it, so YAY for liberal programs.

hey your right.

one small problem with your example.

their reccessions did not include a complete collapse of housing prices and a world wide recession caused by their predicessor

Shut up, you cowardly idiot. Turn your rep back on and PLEASE learn the difference between your and you're.

It doesn't matter if she turns her rep on. Somebody out back messed with it, and it will read 0 or 56-58, depending on absolutely nothing.

RW... simple questions for you.

Do the numbers Chris posted prove a housing recovery is underway, even in the face of all the numbers posted by everyone else in this thread? Do his numbers cancel out all the others?

There are numerous indicators of health of the market. Chris pointed out available inventory as a good gauge that the market is recovering. If ALL the indicators showed that he would be saying it is fully recovered

Now....show where any of the wingnuts rooting for a failed economy has shown that housing inventory has dropped 20% in the past year

Yes, I would like to see that, myself.

Re read the thread title, idiot!

THE THREAD TITLE! The original premise has been destroyed. How can you honestly sit there and defend him? Sure we can find states or counties where there is some recovery in the housing market (generally in red states) but the notion of a US market recovery is ridiculous. Chris talks of inventories and someone points out that there are over 4 million homes that would be on that list were it not for moratoriums on foreclosure filings and you can't see that as a refutation? How blind are you, really?

Friendly reminder.

THIS IS THE INTERNET.

;)

Friendly reminder.

THIS IS THE INTERNET.

;)

So Chris can lie and you guys lap it all up like gospel... OK, its the internet :eusa_clap:

Thanks for the reminder :rolleyes:

The Republicans cannot allow the nation to recover any more than it has. Every sign of recovery means more of a certain loss for Republicans in the next election. That is the way politics works in America, the party out of power needs bad things to happen to the party in power. Bad things help elect the out-of-power party.
Americans should be happy to learn, however, that even with Republicans fighting all signs of recovery they still have time to swear new oaths to Norquist. With those oaths to Norquist they hope to prevent a restoration of the taxes on the wealthy, and thus keep America in its huge debt and fending off full recovery.

Do you honestly believe the economy can magically recover in five months?:badgrin:

hey your right.

one small problem with your example.

their reccessions did not include a complete collapse of housing prices and a world wide recession caused by their predicessor

Shut up, you cowardly idiot. Turn your rep back on and PLEASE learn the difference between your and you're.

It doesn't matter if she turns her rep on. Somebody out back messed with it, and it will read 0 or 56-58, depending on absolutely nothing.

are you claiming moderator action on TM's rep?

booooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we have a Republican candidate wanting to return to the policies of Boooooooosh

No actually it was Clinton in 1999, remember "a house for everybody"... But people with with brains know both parties contributed, anyone who says otherwise is a partisan hack.

Actually Jimmy Carter started the CRA in '77

Actually Jimmy Carter started the CRA in '77

Yeah, but it was Cuomo that really amped it up and bullied banks and freddie and fanny into making craptstic loans to people who couldnt afford them

New York Andrew Cuomo and Fannie and Freddie - Village Voice
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1M1T2Y314]How The Democrats Caused The Financial Crisis: Starring Bill Clinton's HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo And Barack Obama; With Special Guest Appearances By Bill Clinton And Jimmy Carter - YouTube[/ame]

We refuted his contention that there is a housing recovery. Every statistic other posters have posted refutes that there is a housing recovery.

Do Chris's numbers, regardless of all the other indicators posted in this thread, justify the thread title? Yes, or no? You're continual refusal to answer this simple question simply shows you to be a hack.
nothing, RW???

Sorry my friend, it is you who s obtuse. You have yet to refute Chris' numbers showing a 20% drop in housing inventory.......you can only spout other statistics

It's like Chris were to say it looks like a ballplayer is getting out of his slump and cite the fact that his batting average is up 20 points in a month. You start sputtering that his home runs and doubles are still down and he made two errors last week

Sorry my friend, it is you who s obtuse. You have yet to refute Chris' numbers showing a 20% drop in housing inventory.......you can only spout other statistics

It's like Chris were to say it looks like a ballplayer is getting out of his slump and cite the fact that his batting average is up 20 points in a month. You start sputtering that his home runs and doubles are still down and he made two errors last week

show me the post where I claimed his 'numbers' were wrong.

I said, repeatedly, that those numbers, in the face of all the other numbers posted in this thread, do NOT indicate the beginning of a housing recovery. You have to take all the numbers together, not just cherry pick the ones that prove your point. When you take all the numbers together, including Chris's, it does NOT support the thread title.

THAT... the thread title and nothing else... is what I personally have been refuting.

Again, you are simply ignoring all but the numbers posted by Chris, which make you a partisan hack.

show me the post where I claimed his 'numbers' were wrong.

I said, repeatedly, that those numbers, in the face of all the other numbers posted in this thread, do NOT indicate the beginning of a housing recovery. You have to take all the numbers together, not just cherry pick the ones that prove your point. When you take all the numbers together, including Chris's, it does NOT support the thread title.

THAT... the thread title and nothing else... is what I personally have been refuting.

Again, you are simply ignoring all but the numbers posted by Chris, which make you a partisan hack.

You are just another member of the dog pile rooting for economic failure for political purposes

You obviously have a different opinion of the impact of reduced inventory on a housing market. Doesnt make you right or Chris wrong. By any account, that is a promising indicator.

I am currently buying a second house. Both the realtor and the lenders have told me they have seen a turn in the market......maybe I should ask a Republican

You dems must be wearing blinders. I bet you buy them in bluk from China. It really does not make any difference who cause the problem, Obama promised to fix it and he hasn't evern gotten close. Go into the 4th ward in Houston, home of Shelia Jackson Lees voters or perhaps some of the neighboorhoods that Obama organized and ask them. I bet you hear a different answer but then politicians don't care what a voter thinks anyway, especially right after they get elected.

The inventory shortage apparently is helping push up prices following the worst housing slump since the Great Depression, Yun said. The national median price for a home resale rose to $182,600 in May, according to NAR. That's 7.9 percent higher than the same month one year ago, and the highest since June 2010. The last time the American housing market posted three consecutive monthly price increases, year over year, was March to May of 2006.

A report Thursday by the the Federal Housing Finance Agency also showed that U.S. home prices rose 0.8 percent in April from March in a sign of property-market stabilization, agency analysts contend.

Nationally, total housing inventory at the end of May dropped 0.4 percent to 2.49 million existing homes available for sale, NAR reported. That represents a 6.6-month supply of available homes at the current sales pace. In April, there was a 6.5-month supply.

Across the country, listed inventory is 20.4 percent lower than a year ago at this time, when a 9.1-month supply existed. Compare that to the peak of the market in July 2007 when unsold inventory hit a record of 4.04 million homes.

Housing market recovery on track, despite bumps - Economy Watch

More bad news for Chris...

"The Georgia Democratic Party's fifty percent reduction in ticket costs for a reception next week in which Georgians can press the flesh with Barack Obama has prompted some Republicans to ask if the president's fundraising operation is slowing."
Marathon Pundit: Clearance sale? It seems Georgia Dems can't move Obama fundraiser tickets

Can't sell tickets to meet Obama....

....gee, what could this mean?

Forum List

Back