More bad news for Republicans...a housing recovery is underway

You are just another member of the dog pile rooting for economic failure for political purposes

You obviously have a different opinion of the impact of reduced inventory on a housing market. Doesnt make you right or Chris wrong. By any account, that is a promising indicator.

I am currently buying a second house. Both the realtor and the lenders have told me they have seen a turn in the market......maybe I should ask a Republican

In other words, you cannot point to a single post where I said Chris's numbers were incorrect. Also, you will continue to ignore the actual comments i made, which were that when ALL the numbers are taken into consideration, the thread title is not warranted.

PLease, by all means, continue to exhibit your partisan hackery. We've come to expect nothing less from you.

Your post 83

scan the thread. lots of sources showing Chris is wrong.

There are no posts where you show Chris' OP is wrong

Agreed, you fool! You've been told repeatedly that the object has been to refute the original premise of the thread, namely, the TITLE

In other words, you cannot point to a single post where I said Chris's numbers were incorrect. Also, you will continue to ignore the actual comments i made, which were that when ALL the numbers are taken into consideration, the thread title is not warranted.

PLease, by all means, continue to exhibit your partisan hackery. We've come to expect nothing less from you.

Your post 83

scan the thread. lots of sources showing Chris is wrong.

There are no posts where you show Chris' OP is wrong

Agreed, you fool! You've been told repeatedly that the object has been to refute the original premise of the thread, namely, the TITLE

Nothing wrong with the title fool

Chris supported it with evidence

show me the post where I claimed his 'numbers' were wrong.

I said, repeatedly, that those numbers, in the face of all the other numbers posted in this thread, do NOT indicate the beginning of a housing recovery. You have to take all the numbers together, not just cherry pick the ones that prove your point. When you take all the numbers together, including Chris's, it does NOT support the thread title.

THAT... the thread title and nothing else... is what I personally have been refuting.

Again, you are simply ignoring all but the numbers posted by Chris, which make you a partisan hack.

You are just another member of the dog pile rooting for economic failure for political purposes

You obviously have a different opinion of the impact of reduced inventory on a housing market. Doesnt make you right or Chris wrong. By any account, that is a promising indicator.

I am currently buying a second house. Both the realtor and the lenders have told me they have seen a turn in the market......maybe I should ask a Republican

Hey guy! I've got this bridge for sale at a great price.

Strange...I met with realtors and lenders two months ago and they were not optimistic about the market.

Now they are

Hey guy! I've got this bridge for sale at a great price.

Strange...I met with realtors and lenders two months ago and they were not optimistic about the market.

Now they are

Where are you located? State and County, please.

It's simple dumb ass when the information is less than factual someone needs to debunk it

Show what was not factual in the OP

More bad news for Republicans...a housing recovery is underway

. Quote: Originally Posted by whitehall
"Underway" ....a pathetic attempt to grasp victory from certain unhappiness.
Fact free post on your part.

7.9% increase in home prices in the last year.

20% reduction in inventory.

Supply of homes down to 6.6 months.

Building permits rising.

That's a housing recovery, my friend.

FAIL again my friend

The inventory shortage apparently is helping push up prices following the worst housing slump since the Great Depression, Yun said. The national median price for a home resale rose to $182,600 in May, according to NAR. That's 7.9 percent higher than the same month one year ago, and the highest since June 2010. The last time the American housing market posted three consecutive monthly price increases, year over year, was March to May of 2006.

A report Thursday by the the Federal Housing Finance Agency also showed that U.S. home prices rose 0.8 percent in April from March in a sign of property-market stabilization, agency analysts contend.

Nationally, total housing inventory at the end of May dropped 0.4 percent to 2.49 million existing homes available for sale, NAR reported. That represents a 6.6-month supply of available homes at the current sales pace. In April, there was a 6.5-month supply.

Across the country, listed inventory is 20.4 percent lower than a year ago at this time, when a 9.1-month supply existed. Compare that to the peak of the market in July 2007 when unsold inventory hit a record of 4.04 million homes.

Housing market recovery on track, despite bumps - Economy Watch

And now, the rest of the story.

Existing home sales slipped 1.5% in May from April to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.55 million, but were still almost 10% above last year's pace.
The "slight pullback" in sales of existing homes is largely due to broad-based shortages of lower-price homes for sale rather than softening demand, says Lawrence Yun, National Association of Realtors chief economist.

The NAR says shortages of lower-price homes are evident in much of the country except the Northeast and that supplies are tight in all but upper-end markets in the West. The tight supplies are helping home prices. NAR data show median home prices in May up almost 8% from a year ago.

But NAR data don't account for the mix of homes sold. The share of more expensive homes has risen, while the share of distressed homes has fallen. That drives median prices higher.

Prices are going up, and inventory is close to normal.

That's a housing recovery, my friends.

A shortage of homes available for sale could trigger either a sharp rise in U.S. home prices or a surge in new construction next year, predicted one of the country's leading housing economists in Denver on Friday.

U.S. home prices could rise 10 percent next year or housing starts could surge 70 percent to 1.2 million, predicted Lawrence Yun, chief economist of the National Association of Realtors.

"It is either starts or prices, not both," Yun told attendees in Denver for the annual conference of the National Association of Real Estate Editors.

Either home prices or housing starts will surge, economist predicts - The Denver Post

For homeowners, especially those whose mortgages are underwater, the latest numbers are another blow. Unless they get help from lenders, or tough it out and wait years for the market to improve, they could see their homes slide into foreclosure.

For homebuyers, the news from both the NAR and Case-Shiller may give them pause before they buy -- even if they qualify for a mortgage. It’s a balancing act, with buyers wondering if they should wait another six months to see if prices fall any further.

A reality check is also in order. By and large, the housing market has shown gradual improvement in 2012, but the NAR and Case-Shiller data suggest it's still a market of momentum shaped by fits and starts.
US Housing Market Takes Turn For The Worse - MainStreet
Chris is a cock sucker

Forum List

Back