More bad news for Republicans...a housing recovery is underway

A housing recovery is underway ????

Really...???

Nice try at repeating the lie, but it isn't going to work asshole. We are aware of what you are doing this time

Chris provided his source, where is yours?

The inventory shortage apparently is helping push up prices following the worst housing slump since the Great Depression, Yun said. The national median price for a home resale rose to $182,600 in May, according to NAR. That's 7.9 percent higher than the same month one year ago, and the highest since June 2010. The last time the American housing market posted three consecutive monthly price increases, year over year, was March to May of 2006.

A report Thursday by the the Federal Housing Finance Agency also showed that U.S. home prices rose 0.8 percent in April from March in a sign of property-market stabilization, agency analysts contend.

Nationally, total housing inventory at the end of May dropped 0.4 percent to 2.49 million existing homes available for sale, NAR reported. That represents a 6.6-month supply of available homes at the current sales pace. In April, there was a 6.5-month supply.

Across the country, listed inventory is 20.4 percent lower than a year ago at this time, when a 9.1-month supply existed. Compare that to the peak of the market in July 2007 when unsold inventory hit a record of 4.04 million homes.

Housing market recovery on track, despite bumps - Economy Watch

We knew you on the left never really wants a UNITIED country..Your title gives that away
I agree why would good news about the economy be bad for Republicans? If obama was doing such a good job it looks like he would have the support of all Americans.

Liberals listen up obama is not doing a good job that's why he will never get support from Republicans. You can show all the graphs charts stats 24/7 but until America sees some real recovery your defense of obama is garbage.

The inventory shortage apparently is helping push up prices following the worst housing slump since the Great Depression, Yun said. The national median price for a home resale rose to $182,600 in May, according to NAR. That's 7.9 percent higher than the same month one year ago, and the highest since June 2010. The last time the American housing market posted three consecutive monthly price increases, year over year, was March to May of 2006.

Your fucking nuts, reelecting that nut sack will give 4 more years of uncertainty and more debt to the nation, after all thats what you little post is all about ,right ?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Really...???

Nice try at repeating the lie, but it isn't going to work asshole. We are aware of what you are doing this time

Why don't you ask me that? Maybe it's because I posted four or five links kicking his garbage to the curb?

A report Thursday by the the Federal Housing Finance Agency also showed that U.S. home prices rose 0.8 percent in April from March in a sign of property-market stabilization, agency analysts contend.

Nationally, total housing inventory at the end of May dropped 0.4 percent to 2.49 million existing homes available for sale, NAR reported. That represents a 6.6-month supply of available homes at the current sales pace. In April, there was a 6.5-month supply.

Across the country, listed inventory is 20.4 percent lower than a year ago at this time, when a 9.1-month supply existed. Compare that to the peak of the market in July 2007 when unsold inventory hit a record of 4.04 million homes.

Housing market recovery on track, despite bumps - Economy Watch

Whatever you say Chris.....5 Housing Markets Where Renting Beats Owning - Real-Time Advice - SmartMoney

"Underway" ....a pathetic attempt to grasp victory from certain unhappiness.

Fact free post on your part.

7.9% increase in home prices in the last year.

20% reduction in inventory.

Supply of homes down to 6.6 months.

Building permits rising.

That's a housing recovery, my friend.

This is good news but there are roughly 4.5 million homes that are 90 days delinquent on their mortgages. Of that, 90% will default. So there is a shadow inventory of about 4 million homes.

However, given household formation and depletion are far outstripping new home builds, we should be in equilibrium within the next two years.

Housing Starts Slump in May - The Home Front (usnews.com)

Overall housing starts plunged almost 5 percent in May to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 708,000, according to the Commerce Department, disappointing economists who expected an almost 1 percent increase. Housing starts remain well below historical and demographic norms. According to economists, the U.S. economy should be cranking out close to 1.6 million homes a year.

but there is some optimism.

"The continued modest growth in single-family construction and permits…suggests that housing is finally taking its traditional place as a leader rather than following in economic recoveries," said David Crowe, chief economist at the National Association of Builders.

I'm still waiting on that Scott Walker election....oh wait you were wrong, as always. Some of these liberals make me do a little work to own them, you own yourself, I love this.

5-housing-markets-where-renting-beats-owning
Stocks plunge on fear of bank downgrades - Jun. 21, 2012

Credit Suisse Cut 3 Levels as Moody

5 housing markets?

The national data is what we are talking about here.

Nice try at denial of reality.

why are you denying THIS reality???

Business & Financial News, Breaking US & International News | Reuters.com

http://www.huduser.org/portal/periodicals/ushmc/spring12/USHMC_1q12_summary.pdf

The national homeownership rate fell to 65.4 percent in the first quarter of 2012, down from 66.0 percent in the fourth quarter and 66.4 percent a year earlier. The homeownership rate for minorities, at 47.5 percent, also slipped, from 48.2 percent in the previous quarter and 48.3 percent a year earlier. The homeownership rate for White non-Hispanic households dipped to 73.5 from 73.7 percent in the fourth quarter; the homeownership rate for African-American households fell to 43.9 from 45.5 percent in the fourth quarter; and the homeownership rate for Hispanic households was 46.3 percent,
down from 46.6 percent in the fourth quarter. The current low homeownership rates reflect the subprime lending crisis, the high rates of unemployment, and the recent severe recession.
Some housing recovery. Thanks a bunch, Mr. President. :rolleyes:
Come on Chris. Respond to the overwhelming evidence that you are full of shit.

fingers-in-ears3.jpeg

Housing market looks good.

Interest rates dropped to 3.66% and I am buying a second house

Really...???

There have been probably 100 sources posted that blow Chris out of the water. Chris has not attempted to refute a single one, but seems to have moved on to derivatives.

Really...???

There have been probably 100 sources posted that blow Chris out of the water. Chris has not attempted to refute a single one, but seems to have moved on to derivatives.

I just went over them

All indicate that the housing market is still bad but none refute what Chris posted

I just went over them

All indicate that the housing market is still bad but none refute what Chris posted

they refute the thread title itself...

...and Chris ran away and refuses to talk about them.

I just went over them

they refute the thread title itself...

...and Chris ran away and refuses to talk about them.

No they didn't

They just showed a market that is still bad not one which is getting worse. Where did you refute this?

Last edited:
Housing market looks good.

Interest rates dropped to 3.66% and I am buying a second house

It looks great for buyers with a boat load of cash or 20% and a government job.
I paid cash 15 months ago. Bought a foreclosure in move in condition in a RED state where the unemployment rate was actually going down. Alabama unemployment has continued to fall (except for illegal immigrants) and real estate has started to recover. I've seen about a 10% increase in home prices in my area. My daughter bought a home in Connecticut at about the same time. Its value has dropped 15%.

Really...???

That''s what I am talking about.:clap2:

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That''s what I am talking about.:clap2:

Where did you refute this?

OMG he's so awesome, you know economies also go up and down on their own. Funny thing is, Reagan, Clinton and Bush got out of recssions MUCH MUCH faster than Obumble.
But hey it was your affirmative action housing that started it, so YAY for liberal programs.

hey your right.

one small problem with your example.

their reccessions did not include a complete collapse of housing prices and a world wide recession caused by their predicessor

Forum List

Back