More babies died in US than 68 other countries.

Being pro-life and pro death penalty is about the central issue of taking on some personal responsibility for the choices you make in life. Unfortunately, there is this perception that we must fight to save the lives of the CRIMINALS from facing an outcome that's considered cruel and unusual. It's this twisted notion that violent convicted criminals are worth having the chance to live.

:lol:

It's incredibly hypocritical of you folks, who preach "personal responsibility" to assign the power of life and death to the state.

Gotta love it.

Actually to a jury of ones peers, in a court setting, with adequate counsel, but you already know that....

It's still the state's dog and pony show..

But you already know that..

Has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but okay.

Here's the thing. We are the only major industrialized country that doesn't have single payer health coverage for all our citizens.

And not surprisingly, we have the highest infant mortality rate in the industrialized world and higher than a lot of third world countries as well.

Being against abortion isn't about saving lives. Most "pro-life" folks are pro-gun, pro-war, pro-death penalty and are against all social programs that save lives.

It's about control and punishment.

Sorry, the expiration date on that sound bite is way past expired. :lmao:

As for the OP, I need a lot more info. This appears to be only part of the story. I'll wait and see.

Expiration would mean that the practice has been stopped.

It hasn't.

:lol:

It's incredibly hypocritical of you folks, who preach "personal responsibility" to assign the power of life and death to the state.

Gotta love it.

Actually to a jury of ones peers, in a court setting, with adequate counsel, but you already know that....

It's still the state's dog and pony show..

But you already know that..

One of the few functions the state is SUPPOSED to do.

The founders had the death penalty, they just made sure it was by trial and not by fiat.

You just dont seem to grasp the concept.....

Here's the thing. We are the only major industrialized country that doesn't have single payer health coverage for all our citizens.

And not surprisingly, we have the highest infant mortality rate in the industrialized world and higher than a lot of third world countries as well.

Perhaps you should look more into the rate... with the fact that we count everything whereas other countries DO NOT...
This stat is about as bogus as the WHO debunked bullshit

And oh, BTW.... we don't have or need single payer health care because government is not your nanny... What our government is to do is protect your freedoms so you can try and take care of yourself..

Link or name calling?...you decide

Products - Data Briefs - Number 23 - November 2009

The primary reason for the United States’ higher infant mortality rate when compared with Europe is the United States’ much higher percentage of preterm births. In 2004, 1 in 8 infants born in the United States were born preterm, compared with 1 in 18 in Ireland and Finland. Preterm infants have much higher rates of death or disability than infants born at 37 weeks of gestation or more (2-4, 6), so the United States’ higher percentage of preterm births has a large effect on infant mortality rates. If the United States had the same gestational age distribution of births as Sweden, the U.S. infant mortality rate (excluding births at less than 22 weeks of gestation) would go from 5.8 to 3.9 infant deaths per 1,000 live births, a 33% decline.

PJ Media » The Doctor Is In: Infant Mortality Comparisons a Statistical Miscarriage

According to the way statistics are calculated in Canada, Germany, and Austria, a premature baby weighing <500g is not considered a living child

Idiot

Being against abortion isn't about saving lives. Most "pro-life" folks are pro-gun, pro-war, pro-death penalty and are against all social programs that save lives.

It's about control and punishment.

Sorry, the expiration date on that sound bite is way past expired. :lmao:

As for the OP, I need a lot more info. This appears to be only part of the story. I'll wait and see.

Expiration would mean that the practice has been stopped.

It hasn't.

Only in the minds of those who wish to view it as such........ Careful, your partisan slip is showing........

Perhaps you should look more into the rate... with the fact that we count everything whereas other countries DO NOT...
This stat is about as bogus as the WHO debunked bullshit

And oh, BTW.... we don't have or need single payer health care because government is not your nanny... What our government is to do is protect your freedoms so you can try and take care of yourself..

The primary reason for the United States’ higher infant mortality rate when compared with Europe is the United States’ much higher percentage of preterm births. In 2004, 1 in 8 infants born in the United States were born preterm, compared with 1 in 18 in Ireland and Finland. Preterm infants have much higher rates of death or disability than infants born at 37 weeks of gestation or more (2-4, 6), so the United States’ higher percentage of preterm births has a large effect on infant mortality rates. If the United States had the same gestational age distribution of births as Sweden, the U.S. infant mortality rate (excluding births at less than 22 weeks of gestation) would go from 5.8 to 3.9 infant deaths per 1,000 live births, a 33% decline.

PJ Media » The Doctor Is In: Infant Mortality Comparisons a Statistical Miscarriage

According to the way statistics are calculated in Canada, Germany, and Austria, a premature baby weighing <500g is not considered a living child

Idiot

Sorry I should've said link to proof...not a link to Instapundit theorizing about proof with no evidence to back it.

Idiot

Idiot

Sorry I should've said link to proof...not a link to Instapundit theorizing about proof with no evidence to back it.

Idiot

Yet you completely ignore the CDC link........ Uummmmm........ Interesting.

Idiot

Idiot

Idiot.. the one is to the FUCKING CDC.... IT GIVES THE PRIMARY REASON AS DIFFERING WAYS OF STATISTICS INCLUDING THE PROPENSITY OF PRETERM BIRTHS

You are nothing more than an idiot goddamn troll

Go fucking play in traffic...

Idiot

Idiot

Actually I did lol...

but the CDC link does say exactly whats in the first paragraph that we have a much higher percentage of PRETERM births than European Countries.

Is that proof of how good our system is? Whats the point of posting that? To help the OP?

Idiot

Actually I did lol...

but the CDC link does say exactly whats in the first paragraph that we have a much higher percentage of PRETERM births than European Countries.

Is that proof of how good our system is? Whats the point of posting that? To help the OP?

What is counted and what is in the statistics means a lot.. instead of just spouting off some statistic because it fits your fucking agenda for goddamn government controlled healthcare (and you know it is why the thread was posted)... look in to things

These statistics, like the bogus WHO heathcare ranking, are plastered out there without any fucking insight into what is behind the data... WE COUNT THINGS DIFFERENTLY AND MORE COMPLETELY

Oh.. and BTW, the doctor cited in the other article is an adviser the the CALIFORNIA SENATE... not some fucking paid contributor to Brietbart or TheBlaze or whatever....

Idiot

Actually I did lol...

The only thing it proves is classifications for statistical purposes which shows the OP that his data, therefore, conclusion is skewed. This is what I suspected as there is no world standard for classifications, so when used by some to attempt to make some point or drive an agenda simply exposes their fallacy.

Actually I did lol...

What is counted and what is in the statistics means a lot.. instead of just spouting off some statistic because it fits your fucking agenda for goddamn government controlled healthcare (and you know it is why the thread was posted)... look in to things

These statistics, like the bogus WHO heathcare ranking, are plastered out there without any fucking insight into what is behind the data... WE COUNT THINGS DIFFERENTLY AND MORE COMPLETELY

Oh.. and BTW, the doctor cited in the other article is an adviser the the CALIFORNIA SENATE... not some fucking paid contributor to Brietbart or TheBlaze or whatever....

Even when its adjusted its still bad...What are you frothing about? Your own link says

db23_Fig2.gif

The U.S. infant mortality rate was still higher than for most European countries when births at less than 22 weeks of gestation were excluded.

When births at less than 22 weeks were excluded, the U.S. infant mortality rate dropped from 6.8 to 5.8 infant deaths per 1,000 live births in 2004 (2).

Actually I did lol...

The only thing it proves is classifications for statistical purposes which shows the OP that his data, therefore, conclusion is skewed. This is what I suspected as there is no world standard for classifications, so when used by some to attempt to make some point or drive an agenda simply exposes their fallacy.

Uh no it doesn't, even when its adjusted it's still higher than most European countries. I guess now you're going to make this about the integrity of statistical data :doubt:

If only the anti-Choice fanatics were as upset about this as they are about abortion.

More US babies die day they are born than any industrialized country, report shows - Vitals

The U.S. is a worse place for newborns than 68 other countries, including Egypt, Turkey and Peru, according to a report released Tuesday by Save the Children.

A million babies die every year globally on the same day they were born, including more than 11,000 American newborns, the report estimates. Most of them could be saved with fairly cheap interventions, the group says.

You are such a piss drinking rube.

Egypt has an infant mortality rate of 24.23 per 1000 live births.

Peru's infant mortality rate is 21.5.

Turkey's infant mortality rate is 23.07.

The United States infant mortality rate is 5.98.

What a fucking idiot you just proved yourself to be.

Last edited:

This is misinformation. Many other countries do not count certain premature births as live births...the U.S. does, and goes to extraordinary efforts to keep preemies alive, even when the odds are that they will die.

Actually I did lol...

Uh no it doesn't, even when its adjusted it's still higher than most European countries. I guess now you're going to make this about the integrity of statistical data :doubt:
Not all statistical data is suspect, it's more often than not the application of statistical data that needs to be questioned as you should well know, so why would I argue the integrity of the raw data? :eusa_eh:

This is misinformation. Many other countries do not count certain premature births as live births...the U.S. does, and goes to extraordinary efforts to keep preemies alive, even when the odds are that they will die.

Truthiness...

Even when the data is adjusted the US is still higher than most European countries. Even still having a high number or Premature births aint nothing to brag about either.

Truthiness...

Even when the data is adjusted the US is still higher than most European countries. Even still having a high number or Premature births aint nothing to brag about either.

Did you ever wonder why we have so many?

A number of factors are driving the high rate of preterm births, said Howson, who is vice president for global programs at the March of Dimes.

"A number one factor, which is common to a lot of high-income countries, is that the U.S. has more older women having babies," he said.

The use of fertility drugs resulting in multiple births as well as higher rates of Caesareans are also pushing the rate of preterm births up, he said.

U.S. ranks 131st in world for premature births | BabyCenter

The US has a different standard for measuring the infant mortality rate than do most other countries, fyi. For example, the infant mortality rate includes, as defined by the US, babies who are born prematurely yet die, or even the stillborn, whereas many European countries, for example, do not count the later two instances as "infant mortality", which cause those European countries' infant mortality rate to appear lower than the US'.

Of course, this isn't new news by any means, but who needs fact when you have partisan ranting, right?

Yes, that's the old standby the insurance companies tell you and you believe it.

However, the CIA finds the same thing that the UN finds on this, so, no, not so much.

[

Sorry, man, I don't want to preserve the freedom of a big insurance company to cheat me after I paid perfectly good money for premiums.

Forum List

Back