Montana Senate Passes Bill to Allow Mail-in Ballot

A Republican introduced this to save money because the county registrars (that have to pay for this special election after paying more for an election this past November than they ever had to pay before) asked for it to be all mailed ballot.

The state GOP chair would rather waste money than increase participation. What assholes.

In spite of the fact that repubs said it would increase the chance of a Democrat being elected.

https://www.usnews.com/news/montana...-senate-endorses-bill-to-allow-mail-in-ballot

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — The Republican-led Montana Senate passed a bill Friday to allow counties to conduct this year's expected election for U.S. House by mail, despite objections by the state GOP chairman that it would give the Democratic candidate the advantage.

The Senate voted 37-13 for the measure, which now goes to the state House for consideration by its members.

The election will be held to choose a replacement for U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke, R-Montana, tapped as secretary of the U.S. Department of Interior by President Donald Trump. Zinke must be confirmed before Gov. Steve Bullock can call for a special election, which will then be held within 100 days.
<more>

An open invitation for fraud.
in Montana? :lmao:

Anywhere. How many voters in the State have died since Nov? Are they going to purge the rolls before they mail the ballots?

You do realize that the signature on a returned ballot has to match the signature of the registered voter, right?

I could forge my dads signature by the time I was 12.

In spite of the fact that repubs said it would increase the chance of a Democrat being elected.

https://www.usnews.com/news/montana...-senate-endorses-bill-to-allow-mail-in-ballot

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — The Republican-led Montana Senate passed a bill Friday to allow counties to conduct this year's expected election for U.S. House by mail, despite objections by the state GOP chairman that it would give the Democratic candidate the advantage.

The Senate voted 37-13 for the measure, which now goes to the state House for consideration by its members.

The election will be held to choose a replacement for U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke, R-Montana, tapped as secretary of the U.S. Department of Interior by President Donald Trump. Zinke must be confirmed before Gov. Steve Bullock can call for a special election, which will then be held within 100 days.
<more>

Anywhere. How many voters in the State have died since Nov? Are they going to purge the rolls before they mail the ballots?

You do realize that the signature on a returned ballot has to match the signature of the registered voter, right?

60 people die in a month in Montana, estimate 40 of the 60 are registered voters, and over estimate that 5% of those dead people will have their vote stolen by a relative who could forge their signature and be willing to commit a voter fraud felony.... that's 2 people in one month....say the election is 6 months from the last death surge from the rolls, that means there could be 12 dead people that will vote illegally....impossible for the fraud to change the results in any way.

60 people die in a month in Montana, estimate 40 of the 60 are registered voters, and over estimate that 5% of those dead people will have their vote stolen by a relative who could forge their signature and be willing to commit a voter fraud felony.... that's 2 people in one month....say the election is 6 months from the last death surge from the rolls, that means there could be 12 dead people that will vote illegally....impossible for the fraud to change the results in any way.

Yeah, you regressives keep claiming that, I know an election here that was swung by two illegal votes.

I lived in Montana for 8 years, and voted by mail every election. Lots of folks already vote by mail out there, it's just easier because it's a long-ass way to town for lots of folks living out in ranch land.

It will be interesting to see what the Montana Legislature does with this bill; Montana tends toward frugality and because of the ballot problem last fall the counties are already hurting badly from that financial hit, so I'm sure the GOP legislators are hearing a lot from the county commissioners, clerks, and citizens about the costs that will come from a special election if polling places are required rather than a mail-in ballot.

But I can also attest that the Montana GOP is chock full of nuts; living in Montana for 8 years is the only reason I wasn't as stunned as so many other folks on November 9th. I was sick at heart, but I was not shocked.

Whichever idiot above said that only losers don't have driver licenses - you're a real dumb fuck who lives in your parents' basement, right? There is a whole country out there of which I'm guessing you've seen very little; millions upon millions of Americans don't even drive, many never have, and yet they live productive and fulfilled lives, contributing to society - probably a lot more than you.

Oh and FYI, there are only 5 cities in Montana big enough where everyone doesn't know everyone else's business. Voter fraud isn't a legitimate possibility; the issue is voter suppression, plain & simple.

Yeah, you regressives keep claiming that, I know an election here that was swung by two illegal votes.
Really? No recount done with just 2 vote difference? And those 2 votes were illegals? And they let these 2 votes of illegals swing it to one candidate and didn't just arrest these two illegals?

This must have made the NEWS BIG-TIME, PLEASE SHOW THE LINK.

YOU KNOW that you are CHOCK FULL OF MALARKEY!!!!!

<more>
It's Montana, not some fucked up coastal state like crazy Cali.

Voter fraud is the only way the democrat party can survive....any voting mechanism that encourages voter fraud will be championed by them.....

Voter fraud is the only way the democrat party can survive....any voting mechanism that encourages voter fraud will be championed by them.....
voter fraud is the ONLY WAY republicans can win, and your GOP HEAD in Montana SPELLED IT OUT FOR YOU....

Republicans MUST DISENFRANCHISE Democratic voters of their vote, in order to win. He could not have been any CLEARER in stating such.

voter fraud is the ONLY WAY republicans can win, and your GOP HEAD in Montana SPELLED IT OUT FOR YOU....

Republicans MUST DISENFRANCHISE Democratic voters of their vote, in order to win. He could not have been any CLEARER in stating such.
Then why do the dead all vote democrat....:lol:

<more>
Not in Montana, lol.

<more>

Sure! There is no way that there could possibly be any fraud with a system using the US Postal Service. No way on God's green earth could that happen.

[\sarcasm]

So you think the Republican majority in Montana did this to help fraudsters support their party.

Interesting.

88% of dead voters are/were Republicans.

88% of dead voters are/were Republicans.
And they roll over in their graves every time you vote them democrat...:lol:

Really? No recount done with just 2 vote difference? And those 2 votes were illegals? And they let these 2 votes of illegals swing it to one candidate and didn't just arrest these two illegals?

This must have made the NEWS BIG-TIME, PLEASE SHOW THE LINK.

YOU KNOW that you are CHOCK FULL OF MALARKEY!!!!!

Do you understand the difference in an illegal vote and illegals voting? People used the address of a hotel where they didn't live to register and vote in a utility district election.

<more>
Bad idea. Just increases chances of fraud. Easy to open the ballots and change them.
lol.....who is going to change them?.....
Postal workers,people counting the ballots?

<more>
Do you live in Montana? If not why do you care?

<more>
Do you live in Montana? If not why do you care?
if a democrat wins, it brings the senate from 52 R senators down to 51 R senators, setting the stage for a Democratic take over in 2018....

is the HOPE of the democrats

Forum List

Back