Mom of 9 claims she was sterilized against her will

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Modbert, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Just remember, we have only heard one side of the story as the doctors cannot give their side yet. What are your thoughts on the matter however USMB?

2. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    She doesn't have a glowing record - first child at 13 and then 8 more by different men. She's not using very good judgment about anything - including giving herself and her children a reasonable lifestyle considering her greatly limited income.

It's hard to say what happened in the OR - patient mixup, eligible writing on medical charts, or intentional sterilization. As for the IUD - I worked for the law firm defending A.H. Robbins - maker of the Dalkon Shield. Massive lawsuits involving that IUD. From looking at pictures of the thing I could not figure out for the life of me how the damned thing could possibly prevent pregnancy. What it did do was cause multiple serious injuries including sterilization and hysterectomies, etc. I didn't work on the Dalkon team but those who did were frazzled all the time - pressure, pressure, pressure. It was the end of A.H. Robbins. This woman could be screwed either way.

3. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I would just figure after having one at 13 that the thought of having children after that would be a bad one until you can support the ones you already have. :eusa_eh: