Interpol & U.S. Sovereignty

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Somehow it just doesn't sound like a good thing, to me.

About mid-December, without fanfare and without explanation, President Obama signed an executive order that reportedly allows the international police organization---INTERPOL---to operate unrestrained by American law in certain key areas. The Obama executive order, according to Andy McCarthy, overturns an earlier Reagan EO that put limits on INTERPOL, holding it accountable to American law, thus protecting American's privacy and liberty.

Very clearly, Interpol is working behind the scenes to identify ‘criminals’ who oppose climate change plans by the UN! Can’t you see what is going on? Can’t you see that we are seeing the creation of a Marxist regime far greater than the Soviets could have dreamt of? Far greater than the one now existing in China?

BHO's INTERPOL executive order harmless?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/executive-order-amending-executive-order-12425

Last edited:
There's already a thread on this. The only thing that Obama changed was whether or not our customs agents could seize INTERPOL files. There is no exemption from US laws, no "unrestrained operations" in any areas.

Why don't you actually read the EO, rather than take what bloggers have to say as gold?

Think for yourself.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/99873-why-interpol-mr-president.html

Hasn't there already been THREE threads on this. The stupid right wing fear mongering was shot down in each one.

But what the hell? Keep trying, maybe someone will believe your nonsense

Hasn't there already been THREE threads on this. The stupid right wing fear mongering was shot down in each one.

I just brought up the subject (3 threads, oops).. where's the fear mongering?

The executive order is a fact, where's the nonsense?

You have an opinion, why can't I?

You're entitled to have any opinion you want, but you're not entitled to your own facts, and that's what you're asking for here.

The executive order is a fact, yes.

What you claimed is done by the executive order is NOT fact. It does NOT make Interpol exempt from American law, It does NOT give them powers over American law enforcement.

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant by "fearmongering".

When your opinion is countered by the facts, which you happen to know, then that is fear mongering and cowardice.

You're entitled to have any opinion you want, but you're not entitled to your own facts, and that's what you're asking for here.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act (22 U.S.C. 288), and in order to extend the appropriate privileges, exemptions, and immunities to the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), it is hereby ordered that Executive Order 12425 of June 16, 1983, as amended, is further amended by deleting from the first sentence the words "except those provided by Section 2(c), Section 3, Section 4, Section 5, and Section 6 of that Act" and the semicolon that immediately precedes them.

BARACK OBAMA

I gave a link to the executive order, gave an example of an interpretation of the effect, offered it up for discussion and gave my modest yet unstudied opinion.

When your opinion is countered by the facts, which you happen to know, then that is fear mongering and cowardice.

What facts are you talking about? (fear mongering & cowardice)...:chillpill:

I only ever saw the one I linked, the one that I posted in heavily. But I don't doubt there were more.

If you Google (interpol immunity/executive order) there's quite a bit..

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 1 of the International Organizations Immunities Act (22 U.S.C. 288), and in order to extend the appropriate privileges, exemptions, and immunities to the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL), it is hereby ordered that Executive Order 12425 of June 16, 1983, as amended, is further amended by deleting from the first sentence the words "except those provided by Section 2(c), Section 3, Section 4, Section 5, and Section 6 of that Act" and the semicolon that immediately precedes them.

BARACK OBAMA

I gave a link to the executive order, gave an example of an interpretation of the effect, offered it up for discussion and gave my modest yet unstudied opinion.

Did you read those sections of the International Organizations Immunities Act? Do you know what they refer to?

Start with that.

BARACK OBAMA

Did you read those sections of the International Organizations Immunities Act? Do you know what they refer to?

Start with that.

Did you & did you? before you ventured your opinion?

So far all I've done is read various interpretations and have a rather bland opinion that it wasn't a good idea. What causes this intense reaction (personal attacks) that it was?

Last edited:

BARACK OBAMA

Start with that.

So far all done is read various interpretations and have a rather bland opinion that it wasn't a good idea. What causes this intense reaction (personal attacks) that it was?

Yes, I did, in another thread yesterday.

I made no personal attacks, but the level of frustration comes from the fact that a lie will travel around the world before the truth gets its shoes on. People seem so ready to believe ANYTHING that shows Obama, or Democrats, or Republicans, or any group at all in a bad light that they don't even bother reading the stuff themselves. It's all public information, it's pretty easy to find on the internet.

People need to start thinking for themselves, as opposed to having bloggers and radio hosts do it for them.

Start with that.

So far all done is read various interpretations and have a rather bland opinion that it wasn't a good idea. What causes this intense reaction (personal attacks) that it was?

Yes, I did, in another thread yesterday.

I made no personal attacks, but the level of frustration comes from the fact that a lie will travel around the world before the truth gets its shoes on. People seem so ready to believe ANYTHING that shows Obama, or Democrats, or Republicans, or any group at all in a bad light that they don't even bother reading the stuff themselves. It's all public information, it's pretty easy to find on the internet.

People need to start thinking for themselves, as opposed to having bloggers and radio hosts do it for them.

+++People need to start thinking for themselves, as opposed to having bloggers and radio hosts do it for them.[/QUOTE]+++

Good luck with that....:eusa_angel:

Sheez.. next you'll be expecting Congressmen to read a bill before they vote on it..:lol:

Why did Obama do anything wrt to Interpol? Who is he working for, Americans or the EU? Was this payback for the Nobel Peace prize? It violates US sovereignity. I believe that the US supremes would always rule against Interpol & the world court.

Why did Obama do anything wrt to Interpol? Who is he working for, Americans or the EU? Was this payback for the Nobel Peace prize? It violates US sovereignity. I believe that the US supremes would always rule against Interpol & the world court.

What are you talking about?

In what way does this violate US sovereignity?

Why do you think The Supremes would rule against INTERPOL? What does Diana Ross have to do with this at all...

(just kidding)

But really, do you even know what INTERPOL is?

Why did Obama do anything wrt to Interpol?

Because the US is a memory of Interpol? (and our delegate has been secretary-general of the organization since 2000)

Who is he working for, Americans or the EU?

You're mixing up Interpol and Europol.

It violates US sovereignity. I believe that the US supremes would always rule against Interpol & the world court.

How does membership in an international organization violate American sovereignty?

Forum List

Back