Modern Christianity's Moral Dilemma: "Love the sinner hate the sin"

Where did I say all? I said "often", Captain Shit.

Full of shit, got it.

You haven't "got" anything but a pantload in ages. You've got to come up with a new shtick. Just making up what someone else said has worn quite thin, but then I guess there is the comedy factor. :lol::lol::lol:

Dick Cheney is your favorite Christian bugbear, yet he loves his lesbian daughter. Maybe parents don't hate their kids as often as you think.

i believe that to hate sin is to hate a piece of life itself would god allow that to exist if he/she/it whatever if it didnt have a purpose good and bad are both essential pieces to life there is not one without the other just as there is no up without down to remove or hate one completely is impossible cause the existence of sin is the only thing that allows you to know what holy is ... its the opposite of that you see so whats the point of hating something that isnt going anywhere i think the keysis to control with your own intent because you are gods creation and therefore a piece of god filled with sin and holiness and sugar and spice and everything nice.

Full of shit, got it.

You haven't "got" anything but a pantload in ages. You've got to come up with a new shtick. Just making up what someone else said has worn quite thin, but then I guess there is the comedy factor. :lol::lol::lol:

Dick Cheney is your favorite Christian bugbear, yet he loves his lesbian daughter. Maybe parents don't hate their kids as often as you think.

This is why you're Capt. Shit, though I think you're long overdue for promotion to Major Shit. When have I ever talked about Cheney in regard to this subject? Remember your promotion depends on this! :cool:

Once again you've deflected from the real topic, the fact that some parents do disown/hate their own children and that "I love them all the same" is just PC BS.

Last edited:
I firmly believe this to be a moral problem because on issues of homosexuality the idea of love the sinner, hate the sin appears to be inherently contradictory. For instance, if one has homosexual tendencies and those tendencies actualize in concrete behavior and are unforced, then the Christian notion would imply that both the sin and sinner are actually hated. Since homosexuality is rejected in Christianity it is safe to say that many Christians who hate the lifestyle would in fact hate the person within the lifestyle. Ypu cannot separate lifestyle from the person just as you cannot separate hip-hop from one who is immersed in the culture of Hip-Hop.

I find this piece of Christian philosophy problematic.

Why do you think this is a modern or a dilemma? When the woman caught in adultrey was brought before Jesus, what did Jesus say? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. When Jesus looked up and asked the woman where her accusers were she said she had none. They had dropped their rocks and left because they too were sinners. What did Jesus do after that? Now if Christ was himself without sin surely he could have cast the first stone right? But he didn't do that at all. What he did do was set a new example of how to handle things. He said to the woman that he didn't condemn her either and told her to "go and sin no more". Basically he loved the sinner enough not to stone her as was prescribed by the Law of Moses but he did not condone her actions either by telling her to sin no more. That is to say he hates the sin but loved the sinner. That was 2000 years ago so it's not a modern problem.

God repeatedly is refered to as our Father in the bible. A parent does not have a problem with disciplining a child and yet he still love the child. Matter of fact the bible says a parent who does not discipling his child does not love his child. Why you have a hard time understand the concept IDK. My sister who is basically agnostic says to her son all the time,"I love you but I don't like what you did." When dealing with gays we can love them but not like the lifestyle.

Forum List

Back