Mobility in America.

What if every road were a toll road? I mean EVERY road. You pull out of your driveway and you're hit with a toll. Drive to the supermarket, pay a toll. drive across your state, pay a toll. Do you suppose that would boost or hinder economic activity?

We have enough tolls. We probably have too many. The money generated from the tolls is being misspent, on things like union pensions for example.
You said that roads should be maintained by toll revenues. And those highway workers don't deserve a pension, do they? No one should have any retirement security because no where in the constitution does it say that anyone should. Is that the thrust of your argument? No pensions? How does that serve people well?

The tolls are to support infrastucture, period. The money is misspent on huge bureaucracies. I don't believe public unions, in particular, serve the people well.

Learn your stuff before you appear any stupider. Every hear of the Interstate Highway system? Ever hear of Route 66? Ever hear of the US Cavalry protecting the Oregon Trail?

Your 'common knowledge' must be exclusively gleaned from Saturday morning cartoons and Glenn Beck.

Are you this delusional - you're talking about shit that happened 100+ years ago..

Those roads that WERE paved 75-100 years ago are all maintained by the states now - NOT the federal government.... Not to mention every road that was built in Illinois (outside federal land, such as military bases and national parks) were built via the tax revenue of the residents of Illinois - and the same goes for every state.

The federal government has NOTHING to do with building roads or bridges on state owned land...

Do you even recognize the difference between state and federal?????

BTW, why the fuck do you thing routes change from time to time when they're essentially the same road??? Oh yeah because they were paved by the state - not the federal government...
Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956: Creating the Interstate System

You poor, ignorant soul.

And who maintains those roads?

And who builds new roads?

The state and the state...

If a municipality wanted to build a fucking road who do you think pays for it dumb mutherfucker??? the federal government or the state????

Oh yeah that's right it's the state.....

A Florida resident doesn't pay to have roads paved in Hawaii.... Do you not get that dumb motherfucker???

Last edited:
We have enough tolls. We probably have too many. The money generated from the tolls is being misspent, on things like union pensions for example.
You said that roads should be maintained by toll revenues. And those highway workers don't deserve a pension, do they? No one should have any retirement security because no where in the constitution does it say that anyone should. Is that the thrust of your argument? No pensions? How does that serve people well?

The tolls are to support infrastucture, period. The money is misspent on huge bureaucracies. I don't believe public unions, in particular, serve the people well.
And why would a working family sign on to an ideology that despise workers so much? Public sector workers work hard as do private sector workers.

But Conservatives would screw public sector workers just as fast as private sector workers! Why? Is it so important to erode the middle class lifestyle so the very few can benefit wildly?

Have you considered the finality of your position? Your line of thinking will guarantee not only the degradation of workplace safety and security, but the environment and the means of advancement for the majority of Americans.

It's kill the golden goose time under unregulated Capitalism and hyper-Conservative ideology.

Do you want a society without a federal government? Try Somalia!

So even though the system of air traffic control works well, it should be scraped?

That's the point, not only is it unconstitutional, it does NOT work well. Have you forgotten all the incidents of sleeping controllers? The costs are FAR in excess of what they would be in a competitive marketplace and it's near impossible to fire anyone...unless you have Reagan's balls and get rid of the whole lot. Technology is outdated because there is no impetus to outperform the other guy...because there is no other guy...it's a monopoly! I thought you lefties hated monopolies, but they're okay if your dear leader controls them? How pathetic.

Only a mindless central planner could look to such a bloated, inefficient and costly bureaucracy and proclaim it to "work well". Good luck with that.

Are you this delusional - you're talking about shit that happened 100+ years ago..

Those roads that WERE paved 75-100 years ago are all maintained by the states now - NOT the federal government.... Not to mention every road that was built in Illinois (outside federal land, such as military bases and national parks) were built via the tax revenue of the residents of Illinois - and the same goes for every state.

The federal government has NOTHING to do with building roads or bridges on state owned land...

Do you even recognize the difference between state and federal?????

BTW, why the fuck do you thing routes change from time to time when they're essentially the same road??? Oh yeah because they were paved by the state - not the federal government...
Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956: Creating the Interstate System

You poor, ignorant soul.

And who maintains those roads?

And who builds new roads?

The state and the state...

If a municipality wanted to build a fucking road who do you think pays for it dumb mutherfucker??? the federal government or the state????

Oh yeah that's right it's the state.....

A Florida resident doesn't pay to have roads paved in Hawaii.... Do you not get that dumb motherfucker???
I have provided links showing how the federal government builds, maintains and designs road all over this country. Yet you refuse to learn. And you liberally pepper your responses with profanity. I have no choice but to assume you are miserable in Dad's basement and the computer makes a nice clicking sound when you touch it. you have shown no ability to communicate lucidly, factually or civilly. This is too tiresome to continue. Live long and try to prosper given your glaringly apparent shortcomings.

What a tired bullshit argument. No one outside of a true anarchist is advocating NO government. Limited does not equal none anymore than some government equals full on communism. Good God man, have you a ounce of common sense?

And why would a working family sign on to an ideology that despise workers so much? Public sector workers work hard as do private sector workers.

But Conservatives would screw public sector workers just as fast as private sector workers! Why? Is it so important to erode the middle class lifestyle so the very few can benefit wildly?

Have you considered the finality of your position? Your line of thinking will guarantee not only the degradation of workplace safety and security, but the environment and the means of advancement for the majority of Americans.

It's kill the golden goose time under unregulated Capitalism and hyper-Conservative ideology.

Union workers are lazy fucks.... They don't have to work hard because they're protected by the union. In reality pretty much only the union can fire them.

Here are public sector union workers working hard..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE]NY's Dumbest; NYC sanitation workers destroy a Ford Expediton - YouTube[/ame]

Of course in the real world if a private sector worker was that lazy and stupid they would be fired in a nanosecond..

So even though the system of air traffic control works well, it should be scraped?

That's the point, not only is it unconstitutional, it does NOT work well. Have you forgotten all the incidents of sleeping controllers? The costs are FAR in excess of what they would be in a competitive marketplace and it's near impossible to fire anyone...unless you have Reagan's balls and get rid of the whole lot. Technology is outdated because there is no impetus to outperform the other guy...because there is no other guy...it's a monopoly! I thought you lefties hated monopolies, but they're okay if your dear leader controls them? How pathetic.

Only a mindless central planner could look to such a bloated, inefficient and costly bureaucracy and proclaim it to "work well". Good luck with that.

Better we should leave the safety of air travelers in the hand of those whose sole motivation is profit.

What a tired bullshit argument. No one outside of a true anarchist is advocating NO government. Limited does not equal none anymore than some government equals full on communism. Good God man, have you a ounce of common sense?
Why did you copy and paste that one line from my post? Do you agree that the other enterprises I listed should have over site by the federal government?

Better we should leave the safety of air travelers in the hand of those whose sole motivation is profit.

Are you kidding me??? these motherfuckers fall asleep on the job...

Of course it takes miles of yellow tape to have these union dickheads fired...

Like a private non-union could do any worse with air traffic controllers...

Why did you copy and paste that one line from my post? Do you agree that the other enterprises I listed should have over site by the federal government?

In what universe do you believe the federal government is effective in anyway shape or form???

What makes the federal government more effective than state and local governments???

You're pretty much nothing more than an authoritarian fruitcake.

Our federal government is inept... They could care less how much something costs because they have no goddamn competition - when they need more money they just steal it from the taxpayers, and you just support them.

Your solution - raise taxes, and when the people want more free money or demand a raise at their cushy government job where they do nothing but milk the clock - raise taxes again - then repeat....

The federal government is shit.....

Better the air traffic control towers be staffed with people who are being paid as little as airlines have to pay for their services.

Exactly. That's what is required to ensure employees are motivated to do good work, to ensure technological advances are pursued, to understand that customer safety is paramount, and to keep costs under control. In a government monopoly, employees need not give a shit about the work they do and technology is guaranteed to lag. While I'm sure government wants fliers to be safe, they have no consequences to face if they screw up...except perhaps MORE funding! Lastly, costs are the last thing to be controlled when you're working with other people's money, people that have no say in how you spend that money.

It was a profit motive that allowed airlines to lower costs, expand routes and improve results following deregulation. Profit is the best motivator. Bloated government monopolies, the worst.

Last edited:

Because it was a monumentally ignorant thing to post. Good luck with that.

We don't need to ONLY tax the wealthiest Americans (that use more of the "commons" than us rabble), we could also cut defense spending drastically. Maybe close a base or two overseas. Cut out a nuke or two. All good steps in the right direction towards rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure.

Naw, screw it. Just cut Medicare and let the bridges collapse. Reduce the surplus population.

Idiot - the states FIX THE BRIDGES - not the federal government...

Geez....

What the hell is wrong with you Obamabots??? you don't even understand how government and infrastructure works. You think the federal government provides everything.

Ssshhhhhhsssss! You're going to spoil their sweet little fairy story.

Because it was a monumentally ignorant thing to post. Good luck with that.
Thank you for validating everything else in my post!

Better the air traffic control towers be staffed with people who are being paid as little as airlines have to pay for their services.

Well if you're good at what you do there will be a demand (hence higher pay) for your services...

Problem is with unions - you don't have to be good at what you do - you'll get paid the same as the guy that IS good at the same job you're supposed to do.

So what's the point of doing a good job when in realty you don't really need to???

Unions just lower standards...

When you know you can be fired for jerking around on the job then you will take your job more seriously and that raises standards - hence you will have a more effective product or service.....

If I fell asleep on the job I would be fired, but these union idiots don't get fired - they get warnings and slaps on the wrist...

Why do Leftists have to make every fucking issue a 'with us or against us' partisan deal?

That is the most significant reason there is no compromise in crafting legislation. Liberals can not, or simply will not accept anything other than their desires, in totality. Their narrative allows no room for accommodation of other ideas.

You're right! Liberals should take a cue from the House Republicans! Now there's a group ready to work through difficult legislation using compromise and inclusion. Those dedicated Tea Party types went to Washington in the spirit of listening, compromise and co-operation. What wonderful role models they are!

Forum List

Back