Mnuchin already making bad headlines in Davos

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Yet another of Donnie Dotard's incompetent sycophants is creating international chaos --- and it's early .. Dotard hasn't arrived as yet. While true that a weaker dollar can sometimes help with exports, Treasury Secretaries do NOT talk about the dollar. What a F-ing idiot. You should have seen the cons on Morning Joe and Squawk Box shaking their collective heads earlier. Just DAYUM. :uhoh3:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the U.S. is open for business and welcomed a weaker dollar, saying that it would benefit the country.

Speaking at a press conference at the World Economic Forum in DavosWednesday, he made a bid for investment into the U.S., saying the government was committed to growth of 3 percent or higher.

"Obviously a weaker dollar is good for us as it relates to trade and opportunities," Mnuchin told reporters in Davos, according to Bloomberg, adding that the currency's short term value is "not a concern of ours at all."

The dollar dipped slightly after his comments and hit a session low, with the dollar index slipping 0.47 percent for the day. The British pound climbed to a post-Brexit vote high shortly after 8:30 a.m. London time.​

A weaker dollar is good for the US, Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says

b142cb2f188d9ea8d27fe8abef32b508.jpg

The poor will get poorer and the rich it will not affect. Why did we need the tax cut again??

The poor will get poorer and the rich it will not affect. Why did we need the tax cut again??

We didn't need a tax cut, and we don't need a F-ing WALL either. Jesus H .. Trump, his band of billionaires and his adoring, enabling flock are turning us into a cross between a Plutocracy and an IDIOCRACY.

Not only did we need the tax cut and a wall, we need to reduce government spending by at least 25%.

I hope that those at Davos finally wake up to some reality. The US will do business with everyone, but it will be on our terms.

We didn't need a tax cut, and we don't need a F-ing WALL either. Jesus H .. Trump, his band of billionaires and his adoring, enabling flock are turning us into a cross between a Plutocracy and an IDIOCRACY.

We are a Plutocracy in my opinion. Your right the wall is unnecessary. Why should we pay for what we do not want, Trump said Mexico will pay for it.

Foreign countries are going to be a little cranky on top of their personal opinions of Trump.

This tax cut puts more pressure on them to do the same.

Oh well. That's the way it goes.

Tax cuts were unnecessary.

Foreign countries are going to be a little cranky on top of their personal opinions of Trump. This tax cut puts more pressure on them to do the same. Oh well. That's the way it goes.
Tax cuts were unnecessary.
They will be very helpful on the corporate side, and we're already seeing that manifest.

I agree that they were not needed on the personal side.

Yet another of Donnie Dotard's incompetent sycophants is creating international chaos --- and it's early .. Dotard hasn't arrived as yet. While true that a weaker dollar can sometimes help with exports, Treasury Secretaries do NOT talk about the dollar. What a F-ing idiot. You should have seen the cons on Morning Joe and Squawk Box shaking their collective heads earlier. Just DAYUM. :uhoh3:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the U.S. is open for business and welcomed a weaker dollar, saying that it would benefit the country.

Speaking at a press conference at the World Economic Forum in DavosWednesday, he made a bid for investment into the U.S., saying the government was committed to growth of 3 percent or higher.

"Obviously a weaker dollar is good for us as it relates to trade and opportunities," Mnuchin told reporters in Davos, according to Bloomberg, adding that the currency's short term value is "not a concern of ours at all."

The dollar dipped slightly after his comments and hit a session low, with the dollar index slipping 0.47 percent for the day. The British pound climbed to a post-Brexit vote high shortly after 8:30 a.m. London time.​

A weaker dollar is good for the US, Treasury Secretary Mnuchin says

b142cb2f188d9ea8d27fe8abef32b508.jpg

"Obviously a weaker dollar is good for us as it relates to trade and opportunities," Mnuchin told reporters

True story.

I still prefer a strong dollar.

We are a Plutocracy in my opinion. Your right the wall is unnecessary. Why should we pay for what we do not want, Trump said Mexico will pay for it.

We shouldn't but Dear Donald and his pals aren't the slightest bit interested in the 30-40 separate polls polls all showing a clear majority hating his tax cuts for the 1%, DACA deportations and the stupid wall.

"Fake news cuz they didn't call me and everybody LOVES Trump's policies"

Wait for it - A Hillary poll in 3-2-1 :rolleyes-41:

Not only did we need the tax cut and a wall, we need to reduce government spending by at least 25%.

I hope that those at Davos finally wake up to some reality. The US will do business with everyone, but it will be on our terms.

Right - 1.5 trillion in deficit spending on a tax cut we didn't need, 83% of which goes to the top 2% and another what - another 50 billion for a wall when immigration is at a net negative.

THAT is how you reduce spending! :rolleyes:

We shouldn't but Dear Donald and his pals aren't the slightest bit interested in the 30-40 separate polls polls all showing a clear majority hating his tax cuts for the 1%, DACA deportations and the stupid wall.

I'll wait for polls that ask people about their higher take home pay in a few months......

Right - 1.5 trillion in deficit spending on a tax cut we didn't need, 83% of which goes to the top 2% and another what - another 50 billion for a wall when immigration is at a net negative.

another 50 billion for a wall when immigration is at a net negative.

Let's make it more negative....faster.

LOL

The 1980's want their tired talking points back.

I'll wait for polls that ask people about their higher take home pay in a few months......
It is being added to the debt and we still need to fund government. Why did management cut taxes before ensuring Government was funded?

The average worker is gonna see bupkis

Extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

CHARTS: See How Much Of GOP Tax Cuts Will Go To The Middle Class

The average worker is gonna see bupkis

Extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

CHARTS: See How Much Of GOP Tax Cuts Will Go To The Middle Class

Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

How does that compare to the savings from the Dem tax cut bill?

Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

Dunno Toddster - You tell me. Corporations are showing record profits, and yet I'd have supported a drop in the corporate rate from 35 to 25%.

Along with an HONEST middle class tax cut. Paris Hilton doesn't need any more money.

Dunno Toddster - You tell me. Corporations are showing record profits, and yet I'd have supported a drop in the corporate rate from 35 to 25%.

Along with an HONEST middle class tax cut. Paris Hilton doesn't need any more money.

Dunno Toddster - You tell me.

The only Dem tax cut I remember was Clinton's middle class tax cut in 1992......
and then he raised middle class taxes instead.

Paris Hilton doesn't need any more money

Neither does DC.

Forum List

Back