Mitt's speech

Mittens speech was by far the best of the convention. Rubio has no chops, not yet anyways, Christie would eat his lunch, quite literately.

I guess we heard some policy talking points, which was sorely needed after days of a bunch of fluff. Im not sure this was the bang up job the GOP needed to push to an easy victory in November.

Now all eyes on Charlotte and the DNC. Lets see if the Democrats can tell less lies than what we just witnessed over the past three days and set forth some policy ideas that will get us on track.[/QUOTE

So how many branches of the Gov have the Dems controlled for how long? All three for 2 years,and the other 2/ 3rds for 6. But somehow its the other guys fault,and NOW they will come up with the back on track policies??

You been living in a cave??

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20120830/DOCS/120830044/Text-Romney-s-acceptance-speech
And unlike the President, I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs. It has 5 steps.
First, by 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewables.

Second, we will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.

Third, we will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements. And when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.

Fourth, to assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish as have those in Greece, we will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.

And fifth, we will champion SMALL businesses, America's engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small business the most. And it means that we must rein in the skyrocketing cost of healthcare by repealing and replacing Obamacare.

Seriously, this is his plan? Seriously?

First, when he says "North America" will be energy independent. Ummm... Okay. We already get 61% of our oil from "North America" (39% US, 15% Canada, 7% Mexico) not to mention all of our coal, nuclear, and natural gas is domestically produced. Energy really isn't the problem, since they are globally traded commodities.

School Choice = subsidies for rich people. Fail. You think these private schools are going to be falling all over themselves to take more poor, inner city kids?

Free Trade- Typical kind of xenophobia ranting. The problem isn't so much that nations are "cheating", it's that big corporations are. The corporations that are sending the good jobs overseas are as American as Apple Pie. Given his company was the first to develop outsourcing and offshoring strategies, that's a non-starter.

Not seeing how we are going to cut the deficit giving more tax breaks to rich people.

The fifth is so silly I'd need to write about five paragraphs...

But you'll all dutifully go to the polls and vote for him because he's not Obama.

Yep. Not a good indicator for an incumbent.

Except only you will do it, no one else will.

SO a pretty good indicator for the incumbant.

If hate alone got people out, Bush would have lost in 2004, Clinton would have lost in 1996, and Reagan would have lost in 1984.

Hate doesn't dislodge an incumbant.

Having someone people can be enthusiastic about does.

And if you aren't thrilled with Romney, how can you expect anyone else to be.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20120830/DOCS/120830044/Text-Romney-s-acceptance-speech
And unlike the President, I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs. It has 5 steps.
First, by 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewables.

Second, we will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.

Third, we will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements. And when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.

Fourth, to assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish as have those in Greece, we will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.

And fifth, we will champion SMALL businesses, America's engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small business the most. And it means that we must rein in the skyrocketing cost of healthcare by repealing and replacing Obamacare.

he states results to be achieved without enabling disclosure.

School Choice = subsidies for rich people. Fail. You think these private schools are going to be falling all over themselves to take more poor, inner city kids?

Here's your TELL.

No tell at all.

Private Schools are businesses.

The problem with the whole school choice crowd is they think that they get better results because they aren't public schools. WHich is horseshit.

They get success because parents are involved enough to put up their own money. Which means they are making the effort to make sure they do their homework and actually read the report cards.

The last thing they want is someone with a voucher who think St. Hubris Parish is better free day-care than P.S. 45. Hell no.

Oh, another point. You know why Private Schools are so successful? Beause they don't keep the bad apples. They don't keep the gangbanger or the retarded kid. They dump them off on someone else.

If you were looking for flaming attacks on Obama, you would be disappointed, that's not Mitt Romney.

Of you were looking for a theatrical speech full of "Wow" and Flowery Rheotric, that's not Romney either.

He's the man who accomplishes things and gets the job done in a quiet way with class and integrity.

I'd rather have him at the helm of this sinking ship than a captain who can give a fire and brimstone speeach and accomplish nothing. I'll take Romney in a heartbeat.

My goodness! The hate-filled vitriol that liberals show toward Mitt here is proof that they are afraid of him.

This thread about his speech is rife with personal attacks and hatred!

If you were looking for flaming attacks on Obama, you would be disappointed, that's not Mitt Romney.

Of you were looking for a theatrical speech full of "Wow" and Flowery Rheotric, that's not Romney either.

He's the man who accomplishes things and gets the job done in a quiet way with class and integrity.

I'd rather have him at the helm of this sinking ship than a captain who can give a fire and brimstone speeach and accomplish nothing. I'll take Romney in a heartbeat.

You'd take Romney no matter what he was, that's the problem.

You are buying a pig in a poke.

What a coincidence! I was going to say that about you and Obama! (And I would be right!)

Yea, I'd take a pig in a poke over the current clown in the white house. Fortunately, I don't have to. We have a brilliant problem solver with the soul of America in his head and heart. The brass ceaselessness that has been exhibited in the last 4 years is enough.

It's time we have a president that stands proud for the love of his country, it's people and the job creators. Looks like a statesman to me, talks like a statesman, has spent his life helping others and understands the fragile economy we are living.

Yea, anyone but Obama. :)

Romney is better than the President we have now.
Obama has never gotten out of the Campaign mode.Obama is not a leader,he is a Campaigner in Chief.

From seeing the clips this morning; he looked and sounded as though he was delivering a eulogy.

Really, was this the best you guys could do?

Forum List

Back