Mitt Romney's visionary victory speech

Those who can 'least afford it' pay almost no Federal income taxes.

Now, this is where you tell me they pay sales taxes for their cigarettes.

You need more than empty rhetoric with me.

I am talking of the middle class, like me, who pay 25% of their income in taxes.

The 'middle class' are not those who can 'least afford it.'

Don't be sloppy with your comments and you won't be so thoroughly dominated.

Now, what you seem to fail to realize is that Federal income tax on the 'middle class' is near a record low:

Federal Income Taxes on Middle-Income Families Remain Near Historic Lows — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Why? Because Bush tax cuts actually Stuck it to The Man.:

Department of Treasury:

"The top 5 percent of taxpayers paid more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes, but reported roughly one-third (30.6 percent) of income.
The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid 33.7 percent of all individual income taxes. This group of taxpayers has paid more than 30 percent of individual income taxes since 1995. Moreover, this group’s tax share has grown faster than their income share.
Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes. In all years since 1990, taxpayers in this group have paid over 94 percent of all individual income taxes."

http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/reports/factsheetwhopaysmostindividualincometaxes.update.pdf

I like Mitt and I like the message of the speech.

But I could have written a better one...what is with the gaping hole where emotion and inspiration should be??? Not just in his speeches, in everyone's? Bring back Reagan's speechwriters. Peggy Noonan needs to go to work for Romney!

In fact, cutting taxes on the rich increased Federal tax receipts each and every time it has been tried.

Up your game.

Don't need to. I already proved you wrong with my SOURCES.

Federal tax receipts hit all-time records in 2006 and 2007 - exactly as planned.

In fact, Federal tax receipts have hit new records each and every time the rates have been chopped on the wealthy to create economic boom.

You really suck at this.

If it works so well, we should reduce taxes on the wealthy to zero.

But I could have written a better one...what is with the gaping hole where emotion and inspiration should be??? Not just in his speeches, in everyone's? Bring back Reagan's speechwriters. Peggy Noonan needs to go to work for Romney!

I think we got a CEO here and I am not sure how far he can go with that and pull off the emotion part. But the inspiration still is indeed nascent to the casual observer and does indeed need to be colloquialized for the masses.

Don't need to. I already proved you wrong with my SOURCES.

Federal tax receipts hit all-time records in 2006 and 2007 - exactly as planned.

In fact, Federal tax receipts have hit new records each and every time the rates have been chopped on the wealthy to create economic boom.

You really suck at this.

If it works so well, we should reduce taxes on the wealthy to zero.

Indeed. Some of our most prosperous States function without an income tax and levy an economic activity fee instead.

Conservatives believe, as has been proven over and over and over and over and over again, that tax cuts to our wealth and job creators actually increases tax receipts to the Federal treasury.

Well Sniper, I would agree that "cons" believe what you say, but people believe a lot of things that are not true. And just because YOU believe it does not make it true. You need proof and you have no proof that it will work THIS TIME.

Lets see, the Bush tax cuts have been in place for how many years? And as you continually point out, the economy sucks and has sucked since Bush was Pres.

Why didn't those tax cuts for the uber wealthy do as promised and advertised? Why didn't they "create" all those jobs as promised? We wouldn't be in the mess we are in IF the Repubs tax cuts HAD done what was promised.

Let everbodies Bush tax cuts expire. Start over. I will survive the increase. Will the ultra wealthy be ok you think? Send them a check if it would make you feel better.

Conservatives believe, as has been proven over and over and over and over and over again, that tax cuts to our wealth and job creators actually increases tax receipts to the Federal treasury.

And just because YOU believe it does not make it true. You need proof and you have no proof that it will work THIS TIME.

Federal tax receipts to the treasury increased each and every time taxes have been cut on the wealthy by a POTUS to create economic stimulus.

These occurrences were under the Coolidge, JFK, Reagan and Bush Administrations.

Happened each and every time, Bozo.

And just because YOU believe it does not make it true. You need proof and you have no proof that it will work THIS TIME.

Federal tax receipts to the treasury increased each and every time taxes have been cut on the wealthy by a POTUS to create economic stimulus.

These occurrences were under the Coolidge, JFK, Reagan and Bush Administrations.

Does your husband work? Is that why you don't feel the need to?

You are starting to bore me, gay troll.

LOL

You are starting to bore me, gay troll.

LOL

I'm just trying to find out why it's ok for you to not have to get a job.

The rehabilitation of He-Who-Is-Not-Obama begins. Everyone in the GOP who hated Mitt Romney will erase their Etch-A-, er, memories and reboot. In two months, He-Who-Is-Not-Obama will be able to do no wrong, will never have done wrong, and the continuation of the existence of the Republic will depend on getting him into the White House.

Vote He-Who-Is-Not-Obama this November 6.

Mitt already answered this for us. Thanks.

Indeed he did!

Is it easier to make ends meet?

Yes.

Is it easier to sell your home or buy a new one?

Yes. I sold my house in 2006 at a tremendous profit, and then sat back for three years while the market imploded. Then swooped in and bought another house for pennies on the dollar.

Have you saved what you needed for retirement?

Working on it.

Are you making more in your job?

Yes.

Do you have a better chance to get a better job?

I actually got a tremendously better job six months ago.

Do you pay less at the pump?

About the same. I have not seen oil hit $150 a barrel the way it did in 2008 yet.

If the answer were “yes” to those questions, then President Obama would be running for re-election based on his achievements…and rightly so.
But because he (Obama) has failed, he will run a campaign of diversions, distractions, and distortions. That kind of campaign may have worked at another place and in a different time. But not here and not now. It’s still about the economy …and we’re not stupid."

How quickly we forget where our economy was just four years ago. Millions and millions and millions of people thrown out of work in record time. House prices plunging 30, 40, 50 percent. Massive bailouts of Wall Street and Detroit to save the world. All brought to you by a GOP House, Senate, and White House.

What is surreal to watch is the GOP trying to retroactively blame all that on Obama.

Romney's only hope is that the American people have a memory as short and a brain as retarded as he thinks they do.

If they aren't, he's going to need a much different message, and soon.

If I were Romney, I would point out the glaring fact that Obama is dead silent on what his plans for the future are. Obama has no hopey-changey vision thing going on. It astonishes me no one has caught on to this yet. It is a huge weak spot that should be exploited.

Obama sucks. Royally. But Romney is an ever-changing chameleon. No one knows who the real Romney is.

You get the candidate you deserve.

Last edited:
Just like you have the right to be poor and get carried along by the rest of us who do work hard and pay taxes.

Show me in the Constitution where that's my right.

Ok, start paying your fair share then. It's time you put some skin in the game...moocher.

Are you hitting on all cylinders? Don't give me your stupid f'ing come ons and think I'm supposed to care.

Show me where in the Constitution it says anyone has the right to be cared for by the state.

And btw, I don't get an f'ing dollar from the govt, but they do take plenty from me. So take that moocher remark and shove it up your ass.

Maybe. I think it's a bit of a strategy to project a statesmen like persona to reflect his stature and accomplishments. We voted based on charisma in 08. How'd that work out for us?

I do agree, that at some point it'll help if Mitt inserts a bit of pizazz into the message. He could use a moment like when Reagan said to Carter; "there you go again."

I thought Obama's speeches sucked, too. They didn't inspire me. They consisted of lies and progressive whining.

Show me in the Constitution where that's my right.

Ok, start paying your fair share then. It's time you put some skin in the game...moocher.

Are you hitting on all cylinders? Don't give me your stupid f'ing come ons and think I'm supposed to care.

Show me where in the Constitution it says anyone has the right to be cared for by the state.

And btw, I don't get an f'ing dollar from the govt, but they do take plenty from me. So take that moocher remark and shove it up your ass.

Why should you care? You're poor and have it easy in this country. At least that's what I've been told by conservatives. You don't have any incentive to get out of poverty and since you pay no federal income tax you have no real skin in the game.

Don't worry though, if Romney get's in you won't have to worry about mooching anymore, he'll ensure that the rich get a lower tax rate while you finally have to pay something. That should get you on the right path once and for all.

Forum List

Back