Mitt Romney's visionary victory speech

Romney wants to cut his own taxes and take healthcare and food away from poor children to pay for it.

Sell that vision to the American people.

Poverty increased under Obama.

Yes, we know, the recession was Obama's doing. :cuckoo: I truly wonder how bad it might have gotten without TARP and the bailouts of Chrysler and GM. Maybe we could have hit 12 or 15 percent unemployment. That probably would have made you knuckleheads on the right ecstatic so you could really blame Obama for everything. Fucking hilarious.

GM and Chrsyler were never going under. That was a ploy for them to get in bed with govt. And frankly, I'm fine with the government not bailing anyone out. That's the basis of our economy. It thrives when we don't reward failure and coercion. Is the economy thriving? That's what I thought. Is the debt/deficit much larger? Give it up. Obama failed.

Romney wants to cut his own taxes and take healthcare and food away from poor children to pay for it.

That is something about as stupid as Pelosi would say.

The Romney endorsed Ryan budget cuts both food stamps and Medicaid while providing substantial tax cuts for people in Romney's income bracket.

That is simply fact. If you think it's stupid, then you think Romney and Ryan are stupid.

Conservatives believe, as has been proven over and over and over and over and over again, that tax cuts to our wealth and job creators actually increases tax receipts to the Federal treasury.

Completely untrue. Let's see your "proof". Don't let the NYT scare you. This guy held senior policy roles under Reagan and GHB:

Bruce Bartlett: Are the Bush Tax Cuts the Root of Our Fiscal Problem? - NYTimes.com

Calculating the cost of the Bush tax cuts - The Washington Post

"A review of data from the White House Office of Management and Budget shows that tax revenues did not consistently increase after the Bush tax cuts went into effect.

In FY 2001, tax revenue in dollars was $1,991.1 billion. For FY 2002 - the first budget of the Bush administration, which went into effect after President George W. Bush signed tax cuts into law in June 2001 - revenue dropped to $1,853.1 billion.

Bush signed two more tax cuts into law over the next two years. In FY 2003, revenue dropped further, to $1,782.3 billion - about a 10-percent reduction from two years earlier.

This drop in tax revenue occurred even as economic activity - the nation's GDP - was continually rising, according to Bureau of Economic Analysis data.

Revenues then increased for four years - from $1,880.1 billion in FY 2004 to $2,568 billion in FY 2007 - before sliding to $2,524 billion in FY 2008, and then dropping further to $2,105 billion in FY 2009 as the recession exploded.

Source Data: White House Office of Management and Budget - Historical Tables"

The role of Bush tax cuts in the deficit - CBS News

Last edited:

So far, that's the ONLY position he has stated pretty consistently. I listened to that speech just as I have listened to other speeches of his and they all have one thing in common - A part from stealing from the poor to give to the rich, he has never said anything concrete about his plans.

The only thing the right has is lies. The only way they can hope to win is to lie about the president.

That doesn't seem to be a problem for them though.

Dude. I'm poor. And as far as I'm concerned, Obama is stealing from my future by creating an unfriendly job climate and by depreciating my assets with his reckless, irresponsible spending. But if you want to talk about directly stealing from the poor; tell it to the millions of seniors that Obama is stealing medicare from to pay for his big brother vision.

You're poor, so I guess you are one of those "moochers" who pays no taxes.

Good thing you support Romney, since he plans to ensure you finally put some skin in the game.

"It's time people like you started to take some personal responsibility for your lives"

Poor adults too; don't forget.

Well, the rightwing nuts will always say that it's their own fault adults are poor; trying to blame the children is at least a bit more difficult, even for conservatives.

Conservatives believe, as has been proven over and over and over and over and over again, that tax cuts to our wealth and job creators actually increases tax receipts to the Federal treasury.

Completely untrue. Let's see your "proof".

It happened when Coolidge did it.

It happened when JFK did it.

It Happened when Reagan did it.

It happened when Bush did it.

In fact, cutting taxes on the rich increased Federal tax receipts each and every time it has been tried.

Up your game.

Your wealth envy blinds you to the truth and the facts.

Who said anything about your really tired talking point, "wealth envy"? Will you point out exactly where and how the very wealthy and corporate "citizens" will be feeling any "pain" or making any "sacrifices" whatsoever? Why must all of the "pain" go to those who can least afford it and who are shouldering the greatest percentage of their income in taxes as it is? Now you want to make draconian cuts to the very programs that may keep their heads above water? Seriously, why are they the only ones slated to "sacrifice"?

In fact, cutting taxes on the rich increased Federal tax receipts each and every time it has been tried.

Up your game.

Don't need to. I already proved you wrong with my SOURCES. Take your head out of your ass and look around at what is really going on.

"Orszag says there was growth in capital gains realizations in individual tax receipts, but measures such as lower rates on dividends and an increase in the child tax credit, as well as a drop in job wages, caused a reduction in revenues. A CBO chart in Orszag's letter shows that legislation (not counting an impact on capital gains) had a total negative effect on revenue growth.

http://www.factcheck.org/taxes/supply-side_spin.html

The impact of the tax cuts on economic growth is a matter of debate among economists. We're not voicing a view on whether the tax cuts should have been enacted; that, too, is a separate discussion. But it is clear they did not "increase revenues."

Last edited:
Why must all of the "pain" go to those who can least afford it and who are shouldering the greatest percentage of their income in taxes as it is?

Those who can 'least afford it' pay almost no Federal income taxes.

Now, this is where you tell me they pay sales taxes for their cigarettes.

You need more than empty rhetoric with me.

Up your game.

Don't need to. I already proved you wrong with my SOURCES.

Federal tax receipts hit all-time records in 2006 and 2007 - exactly as planned.

In fact, Federal tax receipts have hit new records each and every time the rates have been chopped on the wealthy to create economic boom.

You really suck at this.

Why must all of the "pain" go to those who can least afford it and who are shouldering the greatest percentage of their income in taxes as it is?

Maybe you should direct that anger at your buddy GreatGatsby. He's one of those moochers you love to hate. Oh wait, he's a conservative too, can't start criticizing those, now can we. That would involve independent thought.

Maybe you should direct that anger at your buddy GreatGatsby. He's one of those moochers you love to hate. Oh wait, he's a conservative too, can't start criticizing those, now can we. That would involve independent thought.

No need to hate. Just trying to use our tax system to redistribute wealth is destroying America.

We were designed as an opportunity society and need to get back at it for the prosperity of all.

Come to think of it.....How much in Federal taxes do you pay without actually having a job?

No need to hate. Just trying to use our tax system to redistribute wealth is destroying America.

We were designed as an opportunity society and need to get back at it for the prosperity of all.

LOL, biggest cop out ever. Your hypocrisy is on full display. "No need to hate" coming from one of the most hateful people on this site. Funny how you don't need to hate when it's one of your fellow hypocrites who we're talking about.

I am talking of the middle class, like me, who pay 25% of their income in taxes. And yes, the poor do pay a larger proportion of their income in taxes, as they have less income to begin with. When will you answer my question about why only the lower to middle income people of this country should shoulder 100% of the "pain" and "sacrifice"? They are not the ones who got us into this mess to begin with.

LOL, biggest cop out ever. Your hypocrisy is on full display. "No need to hate" coming from one of the most hateful people on this site. Funny how you don't need to hate when it's one of your fellow hypocrites who we're talking about.

1320134152080.jpg

1320134152080.jpg

If only you could get a job avoiding questions and being a hypocrite. You'd actually be able to make something of yourself for once. Instead, you do it on the internet for free.

Forum List

Back