Mitt Romney: This is why the GOP believes in family values

There is no question that graduating high-school is advantageous and will enhance one's employment opportunities. And while being a married parent might improve the quality of life for some it could be a source of monumental regret for others. So Mitt Romney, who is in indisputable fact an elitist, aristocratic fop, is presenting what is mainly a subjective opinion.

High school -- yes.

Marriage and children -- maybe.

There is no question that graduating high-school is advantageous and will enhance one's employment opportunities. And while being a married parent might improve the quality of life for some it could be a source of monumental regret for others. So Mitt Romney, who is in indisputable fact an elitist, aristocratic fop, is presenting what is mainly a subjective opinion.

High school -- yes.

Mmm__ I'd debate high school more. What type of jobs are you getting b/c you graduated high school? And I mean b/c you actually have the diploma? Even a college degree has more and more limited effect on salary. It's pretty much about performance and those that perform are generally those that performed at least somewhat in their teen years.

And really; who cares about that aristocratic diatribe. Do you not get that no matter what, a presidential candidate is a power broker dealing in millions upon millions of dollars. It's an f'ing political aristocracy. Let's not punish Mitt for being successful while Obama is engaging in innumerable political chicanery.

Last edited:
^^^

I haven't parroted anything. I'm sure you "feel" that I have. But as Political Chic said, you don't "know" it.

And unlike you, I'm not denying my leanings. But I most certainly take issues by their merit and in a much more "independent" manner than you do. I find that conservatives generally are more willing to look at matters more truthfully.

Yes I find you a PolticalFactDodger to both be rather completely full of shit.

So fine. On what five or six issues do you disagree with the Conservative Talking Heads on? Three of four maybe?

Thought so.

Wanna cracker?

You have proven to be a mind-numbed dolt.

Fact?

"Reporting from Sacramento — More than $69 million in California welfare money, meant to help the needy pay their rent and clothe their children, has been spent or withdrawn outside the state in recent years, including millions in Las Vegas, hundreds of thousands in Hawaii and thousands on cruise ships sailing from Miami. State-issued aid cards have been used at hotels, shops, restaurants, ATMs and other places in 49 other states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam, according to data obtained by The Times from the California Department of Social Services. Las Vegas drew $11.8 million of the cash benefits, far more than any other destination. The money was accessed from January 2007 through May 2010."
California Welfare | $69 million in California welfare money drawn out of state - Los Angeles Times

LATimes....facts.

Vote Democrat...
....and continue to be treated like an intellectual mushroom.

Now see, someone with an IQ exceeding 50 would have noticed that i've posted several times in this very thread "welfare and other entitlement programs are often abused and that needs to be addressed." So what you have done is tried to prove me wrong by reinforcing something I've said. Brilliant. This would be the difference between an Independent and a whackjob.

^^^

I haven't parroted anything. I'm sure you "feel" that I have. But as Political Chic said, you don't "know" it.

And unlike you, I'm not denying my leanings. But I most certainly take issues by their merit and in a much more "independent" manner than you do. I find that conservatives generally are more willing to look at matters more truthfully.

So fine. On what five or six issues do you disagree with the Conservative Talking Heads on? Three of four maybe?

Thought so.

Wanna cracker?

I thought you independently dealt in facts? All's I just heard were a bunch of mindless platitudes. I've seen your analysis on this board. You're a lefty bro. You just want to pretend that you're an unbiased arbiter while spouting leftist ideology. That type of highminded nonsense is no better than a lot of the lunacy we see here.

Oh I have plently of Liberal Views! And plenty of Conservative ones. The thing with mindless drones is, if you don't agree with them on EVERYTHING, you know, 1984 style? Yeah that. ANY dissent from total assimiliation is not tolerated! Mind control baby!
You're both drones.
Easy to prove.
Either of you up for the challenge or you gonna Cut & Run as would be expected? :lol:

High school -- yes.

As has been said, the best thing a man can do for his children as a father is to love their mother.

The Romneys example is of a couple who made no regrets for either one. Despite their money, and a lot of people have wealth, the Romneys have had severe strains on their marriage. They weren't regrets, they were experiences that they shared. I can see many men, most men in fact, that would regret marrying a woman who later developed breast cancer and/or MS. They would regret marrying a woman who turned into a burden. It's a subjective opinion also, but there is only one opinion that illustrates a personal integrity. It was probably because of family being a priority that Romney shut down his entire company so the employees could search for a missing child. His sujective opinon was that family came before business.

What you find liberal men saying is "My wife got breast cancer. Now that she has no tits, should I divorce her? It's my subjective opinion that she's half a woman with an ugly body."

I thought you independently dealt in facts? All's I just heard were a bunch of mindless platitudes. I've seen your analysis on this board. You're a lefty bro. You just want to pretend that you're an unbiased arbiter while spouting leftist ideology. That type of highminded nonsense is no better than a lot of the lunacy we see here.

Oh I have plently of Liberal Views! And plenty of Conservative ones. The thing with mindless drones is, if you don't agree with them on EVERYTHING, you know, 1984 style? Yeah that. ANY dissent from total assimiliation is not tolerated! Mind control baby!
You're both drones.
Easy to prove.
Either of you up for the challenge or you gonna Cut & Run as would be expected? :lol:

Yea, a whole half dozen alleged conservative views according to your last report. LOL. I guess that's what passes for plenty.

High school -- yes.

As has been said, the best thing a man can do for his children as a father is to love their mother.

The Romneys example is of a couple who made no regrets for either one. Despite their money, and a lot of people have wealth, the Romneys have had severe strains on their marriage. They weren't regrets, they were experiences that they shared. I can see many men, most men in fact, that would regret marrying a woman who later developed breast cancer and/or MS. They would regret marrying a woman who turned into a burden. It's a subjective opinion also, but there is only one opinion that illustrates a personal integrity. It was probably because of family being a priority that Romney shut down his entire company so the employees could search for a missing child. His sujective opinon was that family came before business.

What you find liberal men saying is "My wife got breast cancer. Now that she has no tits, should I divorce her? It's my subjective opinion that she's half a woman with an ugly body."

Breast implants baby!

I'm not going to say that conservatives necessarily have happier marriages than libs; though that'd be an interesting study and I suspect that they do. However, I do find some of the rhetoric sickening from the left. Attacking Anne for being a stay at home mom for instance. For centuries, society thrived with such backbones to the family. If the left is going to spout off while so many single mothers are living in poverty then they have no ground to stand on.

You're both drones.
Easy to prove.

Yea, a whole half dozen alleged conservative views according to your last report. LOL. I guess that's what passes for plenty.

How many issues are out there?
And you disagree with your Thought Control Masters on how many views? ZERO???? :lol:

Nice dodge though! Good job! Shift the focus on me and Cut & Run from the challenge! Good job!

Thought so.

Wanna cracker?

You have proven to be a mind-numbed dolt.

Fact?

"Reporting from Sacramento — More than $69 million in California welfare money, meant to help the needy pay their rent and clothe their children, has been spent or withdrawn outside the state in recent years, including millions in Las Vegas, hundreds of thousands in Hawaii and thousands on cruise ships sailing from Miami. State-issued aid cards have been used at hotels, shops, restaurants, ATMs and other places in 49 other states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam, according to data obtained by The Times from the California Department of Social Services. Las Vegas drew $11.8 million of the cash benefits, far more than any other destination. The money was accessed from January 2007 through May 2010."
California Welfare | $69 million in California welfare money drawn out of state - Los Angeles Times

LATimes....facts.

Vote Democrat...
....and continue to be treated like an intellectual mushroom.

Now see, someone with an IQ exceeding 50 would have noticed that i've posted several times in this very thread "welfare and other entitlement programs are often abused and that needs to be addressed." So what you have done is tried to prove me wrong by reinforcing something I've said. Brilliant. This would be the difference between an Independent and a whackjob.

Thought so.

Wanna cracker?

You're both drones.
Easy to prove.

You're not an 'independent'....you're a fool.

There is no possible way for anyone with a mind to view the data and find
that the welfare programs are anything but a failure.

1. Throwing money at the problem has neither
reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient.

2. Since 1964 the federal government spent roughly $12 trillion fighting
poverty, and state and local governments
added another $3 trillion. Yet the poverty
rate never fell below 10.5 percent and is now
at the highest level in nearly a decade.

3. ...federal welfare spending alone totals more than $14,848 for every poor man,
woman, and child in this country. For a typical poor family of three, that amounts to
more than $44,500. Combined with state and
local spending, government spends $20,610
for every poor person in America, or $61,830
per poor family of three. Given that the poverty line for that family is just $18,530, we
should have theoretically wiped out poverty
in America many times over.

4. . … the poverty rate has remained relatively constant since 1965, despite rising
welfare spending. In fact, the only appreciable decline occurred in the 1990s, a time of
state experimentation with tightening welfare eligibility, culminating in the passage
of national welfare reform (the Personal Responsibility and Work Responsibility Act of
1996).

5. The vast majority of current programs are focused
on making poverty more comfortable—giving poor people more food, better shelter,
health care, and so forth—rather than giving
people the tools that will help them escape
poverty. And we actually have a pretty solid
idea of the keys to getting out of and staying
out of poverty: (1) finish school; (2) do not
get pregnant outside marriage; and (3) get a
job, any job, and stick with it.
http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/PA694.pdf

So, you're naught but a sap without the intellectual acumen to realize
how you are being played.

Your claim to fame is "I have plently of Liberal Views! And plenty of Conservative ones."
When the data indicates only one possible conclusion, only a dimwit would find your claim admirable.
It is clear that you are a biological anomaly: your brain has become your new appendix: no real function, and it could blow up and kill you.

Carry on.

^^^

LMAO

What challenge? That weak vague statement, you put at the end of your bloviating? I don't read every one of your words like it's gold. You ever hear of frontloading with clarity?

And there are plenty of issues unless you are bundling issues into vague ideals? That doesn't sound like independent logic at all though.

^^^

LMAO

What challenge? That weak vague statement, you put at the end of your bloviating? I don't read every one of your words like it's gold. You ever hear of frontloading with clarity?

And there are plenty of issues unless you are bundling issues into vague ideals? That doesn't sound like independent logic at all though.

I would have thought it simple enough but I guess in your case, things need to really be dumbed down. A lot.

Name 5 or 6 issues or topics on which you disagree with what is generally considered the "Conservative Viewpoint".
Is that simple enough for you and the other drone? Here, let me give you an example!

Unions.
Liberals generally hold the harmless when it comes to jobs being shipped overseas, abuse of power etc...
Conservatives generally consider them to be the opposite. That they extort wages that are higher than just "fair". That the functions they once performed (such as insuring safe working conditions) are now federal regulation and so on...
So do you feel that unions are overwhelmingly a good thin for Americans and American business? Of COURSE you don't!!!
Would you like to know your views on raising taxes? Defense spending? Gun laws? How the Christian faith is treated compared to Islam by our politicians? ObamaCare? Entitlements? Obama? Obama's attack on Libya? Obama's withdrawal from Iraq? From Afghanistan? Chris Christie's veto of the Gay Marriage bill in NJ? California voting down gay marriage? Who caused our current economy?
Name an issue and 99% of the time, I can tell you what you and politicalwhack think in advance. I mean seriously, you might as well not even post.
Whereas you cannot do that with me.

This would be the challenge to which I referred. Political whack feels intelligent because she is fed an opinion and then goes and looks up some statistics to support what she wants to believe. Well oooh. But seriously, it's time for you both to come up with lame excuses why this little challenge should not be undertaken (because you'll be spanked like a coupel school girls).

You two may now continue changing the subject etc... :lol:

Mitt Romney: This is why the GOP believes in family values

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TB73Lw1XtE]Robert Reich: Public vs. Private Morality - YouTube[/ame]

827.gif

Mitt Romney gave a speech at Liberty University. He cited a Brookings Institute study. If a person graduates high school, gets a job, gets married and then has a child; the odds he will be poor is two percent. If those factors are not in place, it is 76 percent!

So next time, Dems give you sheeot about pimping family values, tell them to stuff it. They are important and absolutely need to be a part of the political discourse.

Short Video Link: Mitt Romney tells Liberty grads to honor family commitments - The Washington Post

Full Speech

[youtube]muHK5Hqgar8[/youtube]

No one can legislate the PERSONAL BEHAVIOR of others--or their personal view of "morality" on others. Get over it--DA--Duh. This country is NOT a theocracy it's a republic.

We can only HOPE that Americans make the right choices in life.

Mitt Romney gave a speech at Liberty University. He cited a Brookings Institute study. If a person graduates high school, gets a job, gets married and then has a child; the odds he will be poor is two percent. If those factors are not in place, it is 76 percent!

So next time, Dems give you sheeot about pimping family values, tell them to stuff it. They are important and absolutely need to be a part of the political discourse.

Short Video Link: Mitt Romney tells Liberty grads to honor family commitments - The Washington Post

Full Speech

I agree with the premise, but the numbers are really out of whack. You are saying that 98% of married couples live above the poverty level and 76% of single people live below the poverty level.

The rate for married couples is actually fairly close, so depending on what study you buy into the difference is negligible. As for those who don't get married, single mothers have the highest rate at over 30%. From there it drops.

Here is an actual study and results from 2010; National Poverty Center | University of Michigan

Full Speech

I agree with the premise, but the numbers are really out of whack. You are saying that 98% of married couples live above the poverty level and 76% of single people live below the poverty level.

The rate for married couples is actually fairly close, so depending on what study you buy into the difference is negligible. As for those who don't get married, single mothers have the highest rate at over 30%. From there it drops.

Here is an actual study and results from 2010; National Poverty Center | University of Michigan

There is no denying that single mothers struggle to keep up, most live beneath the poverty level--unless they are college educated professionals. I believe that is what the opt is trying to say.

^^^

LMAO

I would have thought it simple enough but I guess in your case, things need to really be dumbed down. A lot.

Name 5 or 6 issues or topics on which you disagree with what is generally considered the "Conservative Viewpoint".
Is that simple enough for you and the other drone? Here, let me give you an example!

Unions.
Liberals generally hold the harmless when it comes to jobs being shipped overseas, abuse of power etc...
Conservatives generally consider them to be the opposite. That they extort wages that are higher than just "fair". That the functions they once performed (such as insuring safe working conditions) are now federal regulation and so on...
So do you feel that unions are overwhelmingly a good thin for Americans and American business? Of COURSE you don't!!!
Would you like to know your views on raising taxes? Defense spending? Gun laws? How the Christian faith is treated compared to Islam by our politicians? ObamaCare? Entitlements? Obama? Obama's attack on Libya? Obama's withdrawal from Iraq? From Afghanistan? Chris Christie's veto of the Gay Marriage bill in NJ? California voting down gay marriage? Who caused our current economy?
Name an issue and 99% of the time, I can tell you what you and politicalwhack think in advance. I mean seriously, you might as well not even post.

This would be the challenge to which I referred. Political whack feels intelligent because she is fed an opinion and then goes and looks up some statistics to support what she wants to believe. Well oooh. But seriously, it's time for you both to come up with lame excuses why this little challenge should not be undertaken (because you'll be spanked like a coupel school girls).

In general, I lean conservative and I'm not desperate to have any sort of "liberal" views to prove that I'm "independent." That's just a bit childish. It's like the white teenager who goes out and finds a black friend to make himself feel hip. I take issues and people how they are, period.

I am independent though. That is why I never joined a party. Just because I have political leanings, means I'm self realized and I face the reality. Just like I face the reality that you are a lefty and not the self proclaimed unbiased observer that you want to pretend you are.

And just because you think you may know the gist of what I may or may not believe, that doesn't make me a hack fruit loop. That's like saying, 'I knew you were going to say that stealing is bad and that patriotism is good. You're a total hack.' F'ing moron.

Last edited:
[

I kind of sympathize with PC and Gatsby because they were what I was 20 years ago, someone who bought into a lot of the Young Republican Bullshit and reciting the talking points.

Until real life hit me square in the eye, anyway.

^^^

LMAO

Unions.

In general, I lean conservative and I'm not desperate to have any sort of "liberal" views to prove that I'm "independent." That's just a bit childish. It's like the white teenager who goes out and finds a black friend to make himself feel hip. I take issues and people how they are, period.

I am independent though. That is why I never joined a party. Just because I have political leanings, means I'm self realized and I face the reality. Just like I face the reality that you are a lefty and not the self proclaimed unbiased observer that you want to pretend you are.

And just because you think you may know the gist of what I may or may not believe, that doesn't make me a hack fruit loop. That's like saying, 'I knew you were going to say that stealing is bad and that patriotism is good. You're a total hack.' F'ing moron.

LOL! Yeah you're owned. It's okay junior. The world needs people who have their every opinion spoon fed to them, so don't be embarrassed that I can tell you EVERY opinion you have on EVERY current event and issue. Well okay, maybe only 90+% of the time. Ya see Junior, someone who agrees with the Conservative Talk show hosts etc... 100% of the time isn't an "Independent Thinker". They're a sheep. They follow.
For example, Boehner just announced he's throwing down the gauntlet on the debt ceiling again! Would you like to know your opinion on this? (Hint: It's the Dems fault!) :lol:
Like I said, spanked like a little girl.
Nice rationalization though!
If you ever grow a pair and want to quit making excuses, I'll show you how a man faces such challenges directly. Unsubscribe time. My work here is done. :mm:

Unions.

LOL! Yeah you're owned. It's okay junior. The world needs people who have their every opinion spoon fed to them, so don't be embarrassed that I can tell you EVERY opinion you have on EVERY current event and issue. Well okay, maybe only 90+% of the time. Ya see Junior, someone who agrees with the Conservative Talk show hosts etc... 100% of the time isn't an "Independent Thinker". They're a sheep. They follow.
For example, Boehner just announced he's throwing down the gauntlet on the debt ceiling again! Would you like to know your opinion on this? (Hint: It's the Dems fault!) :lol:
Like I said, spanked like a little girl.
Nice rationalization though!
If you ever grow a pair and want to quit making excuses, I'll show you how a man faces such challenges directly. Unsubscribe time. My work here is done. :mm:

You can post all the blather you want bro. It's not going to prove a damn thing. You were done called out and you can't handle it.

Let me ask you; who are you voting for; Obama or Romney?

New Topics

Forum List

Back