Mitt Romney has a lock on the GOP nomination.

McCain ran a good campaign in 2000. He was a maverick, he spoke his mind, he put what he thought was best above what the party thought was best

In 2008, he seemed like a tired old man who knew this was his last shot. He put aside his personal values in order to do whatever it took to get the nomination. By the time the convention came around he was deeply indebted to the far right. So much so that he allowed them to push a loser like Palin on him

I hate to keep correcting you on this, but you are trying to put 2011 Palin on the ticket instead of 2008 Palin.

What did we know about Palin in 2008. She was a reformer, like McCain. She challenged the Murkowski/Stevens machine in Alaska and won. She actually took some pretty moderate positions. She was a woman succeeding in a man's world. The ironic thing was in her first two years, she really governed center-right.

The real problem McCain had in 2008 was that he couldn't take Huckabee without pissing off the Romney supporters, and couldnt' take Romney without pissing off the Hucakbee people. And there was a lack of enthusiasm for him all around.

Initially, picking Palin was a home run and gave him a good boost in the polls. Then the bottom fell out of the stock market, and it was pretty much over at that point.

Now, yeah, did she walk into the buzzsaw of the national media? Yup. NEVER TRUST THE MEDIA. They are not our friends.

I think he did make some mistakes. ONe was that he wasn't going to make an issue of Obama's associations with Wright and Ayers and other loons. He really should have.

McCain ran a good campaign in 2000. He was a maverick, he spoke his mind, he put what he thought was best above what the party thought was best

In 2008, he seemed like a tired old man who knew this was his last shot. He put aside his personal values in order to do whatever it took to get the nomination. By the time the convention came around he was deeply indebted to the far right. So much so that he allowed them to push a loser like Palin on him

I hate to keep correcting you on this, but you are trying to put 2011 Palin on the ticket instead of 2008 Palin.

What did we know about Palin in 2008. She was a reformer, like McCain. She challenged the Murkowski/Stevens machine in Alaska and won. She actually took some pretty moderate positions. She was a woman succeeding in a man's world. The ironic thing was in her first two years, she really governed center-right.

The real problem McCain had in 2008 was that he couldn't take Huckabee without pissing off the Romney supporters, and couldnt' take Romney without pissing off the Hucakbee people. And there was a lack of enthusiasm for him all around.

Initially, picking Palin was a home run and gave him a good boost in the polls. Then the bottom fell out of the stock market, and it was pretty much over at that point.

Now, yeah, did she walk into the buzzsaw of the national media? Yup. NEVER TRUST THE MEDIA. They are not our friends.

I think he did make some mistakes. ONe was that he wasn't going to make an issue of Obama's associations with Wright and Ayers and other loons. He really should have.

Wright and Ayers were non issues with the american people, they still are. I hope Republicans make them a focal point in 2012

Palin didn't last fifteen minutes in front of the media without revealing what a simpleton she was. It was those tough questions like what newspapers do you read and a favorite supreme court case

McCain should have given Palin an in depth interview. He would have quickly seen how little she knew about world affairs and how she responded to questions like a former beauty queen

He'll run from it, with the (by now very) tired, "Well gosh, look at what Bush did. How could I possibly fix it in just 4 years!" bullshit. His problem is that the stoned college kids are going to stay home this time like they usually do, acorn won't be able to enlist homeless/dead/imaginary multi-voters, and nowhere near enough independents are going to be willing to play Charlie Brown to his Lucy again.

Actually, he will pretty easily win a second term.

Yeah, yeah, we all know that's what you are hoping for.

He'll run from it, with the (by now very) tired, "Well gosh, look at what Bush did. How could I possibly fix it in just 4 years!" bullshit. His problem is that the stoned college kids are going to stay home this time like they usually do, acorn won't be able to enlist homeless/dead/imaginary multi-voters, and nowhere near enough independents are going to be willing to play Charlie Brown to his Lucy again.

Actually, he will pretty easily win a second term.

No, i just can read demographics.

A popular president with locks on his base, still well liked personally.

vs.

A guy who belongs to a creepy-ass cult many Americans don't even consider "Christian", who made his money screwing working folks.. who m ost Republicans really don't like.

It' simple math. The GOP guy ONLY wins if he gets everyone who votes for McCain and five million of those who voted for Obama last time to vote for their guy THIS time.

Romney ain't the guy to do that.

You seem to think "far left American people" = "THE American people"

You are wrong

66 million Americans said it was not an issue

You are wrong

McCain never made an issue of it. How many of those 66 million people really know the details of Ayer's terrorism or Wright's racism?

Not making more of an issue of it was yet another fuck up of the McCain campaign, and most dopes don't know much because the media was too busy giving obama a months-long blow job to give it the coverage it deserved.

No, i just can read demographics. .

NO, you're just an obvious bigoted liberal putting on his little act here (like your cammmpbell act), and not fooling anyone who doesn't want to be fooled.

No, guy we've already established you're a fool.

If I were a liberal, I'd be all for Romney, because he's a liberal.

ProAbortion, Pro-Gay, Pro-Socialized Medicine, anti-Gun. GUy's about as liberal as you get.

That's who he is. And a choice between him and Obama is a choice between two liberals- in other words, no choice at all.

66 million Americans said it was not an issue

You are wrong

McCain never made an issue of it. How many of those 66 million people really know the details of Ayer's terrorism or Wright's racism?

Not making more of an issue of it was yet another fuck up of the McCain campaign, and most dopes don't know much because the media was too busy giving obama a months-long blow job to give it the coverage it deserved.

Dude, you are spending way too much time thinking about Obama and homosexual acts...

:eek:

No, i just can read demographics. .

NO, you're just an obvious bigoted liberal putting on his little act here (like your cammmpbell act), and not fooling anyone who doesn't want to be fooled.

No, guy we've already established you're a fool.

If I were a liberal, I'd be all for Romney, because he's a liberal.

ProAbortion, Pro-Gay, Pro-Socialized Medicine, anti-Gun. GUy's about as liberal as you get.

That's who he is. And a choice between him and Obama is a choice between two liberals- in other words, no choice at all.

Give it up 'Guy,' all your little personas are worn out by now. We all know your '86 Volvo is so covered in obama bumper stickers that you can barely see out the back window. You are not fucking fooling anyone.

NO

Your mind reading powers aren't going to improve no matter how many times you repeat it, you stupid fucking turd.

Heh. And yet here you are still trying in vain to deny it.

smilies-23396.png

Forum List

Back