Mitch McConnell Destroys Democrats' Hopes for a Senate Impeachment Trial

The impeachment stupidity is already dead on arrival..... in the Senate.

BY MATT MARGOLIS JAN 09, 2021

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK
He can call them in any time he wants.

If you read the article you would have learned that he SHUT DOWN the senate meetings up to the 20th for the specific reason for preventing the Senate Trial.

I read the article last night and yes he can suspend all meetings in senate but it can be taken up with the new senate.

If by chance he was impeached he would lose the right to run for office again and secret service lifetime protection not to mention his pension which he claims he doesn't need. I want him to lose his and family lifetime protection. I don't think he'll run again and if he does the repubs that have turned against him will not ever vote for him in 2024, they have had enough.

You can't impeach someone who is no longer the President, this is blatant partisan politics that will only anger a 75 million voter base.

I personally do not see him running in 2024 as the party will fight it and he will be 78 by then, when he will be slowing down.
Yes you can, you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Impeachment and conviction will strip him of ex-presidential perks, cement him as the worst president if all time and prevent him from ever holding a federal office again.

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK

If you read the article you would have learned that he SHUT DOWN the senate meetings up to the 20th for the specific reason for preventing the Senate Trial.

I read the article last night and yes he can suspend all meetings in senate but it can be taken up with the new senate.

If by chance he was impeached he would lose the right to run for office again and secret service lifetime protection not to mention his pension which he claims he doesn't need. I want him to lose his and family lifetime protection. I don't think he'll run again and if he does the repubs that have turned against him will not ever vote for him in 2024, they have had enough.

You can't impeach someone who is no longer the President, this is blatant partisan politics that will only anger a 75 million voter base.

I personally do not see him running in 2024 as the party will fight it and he will be 78 by then, when he will be slowing down.

Impeachment and conviction will strip him of ex-presidential perks, cement him as the worst president if all time and prevent him from ever holding a federal office again.

No YOU don't know the rules of the Impeachment process, it works ONLY if the person is in office, I have yet to get anything from you Trump haters to quote his telling the people to go into the Capital or be violent and threatening.

What YOU don't realize it that the standard for constitutionally based impeachment processed is being perverted, future impeachment efforts will be done much more easily for political reasons.

He isn't close to being the worst, that is stupid talk.

Excerpt:

LINK

No YOU don't know the rules of the Impeachment process, it works ONLY if the person is in office, I have yet to get anything from you Trump haters to quote his telling the people to go into the Capital or be violent and threatening.

What YOU don't realize it that the standard for constitutionally based impeachment processed is being perverted, future impeachment efforts will be done much more easily for political reasons.

Think again. Mitch McConnell now supports impeachment!

McConnell Privately Backs Impeachment as House Moves to Charge Trump (msn.com)

Excerpt:

LINK

Just because you imagine something in your empty head does not mean it is so.

Yes, you can impeach after the person left office and it fact was ready done before.

Secretary of War, William Belknap, was impeached after he left office in 1876.

Mitch is helping Biden in this instance.
I actually agree with this leftist hack. She is right. First time for everything.
Coming from the guy who thought Trump was going to win....

306-232....
A swing state here or there and he would have
lol...

Sure.

All he needed was more votes.
Or fewer fake mail in votes that 90% went for Biden....nothing to see here.

I actually agree with this leftist hack. She is right. First time for everything.

306-232....
lol...

Sure.

Ahh, the conspiracy theories...

Okay...lets hear your explanation for why there are no arrests for all of this supposed fraud.

--This is where you come up with yet another conspiracy theory to buck up the previous one.

I own you.

306-232....
lol...

Sure.

Okay...lets hear your explanation for why there are no arrests for all of this supposed fraud.

--This is where you come up with yet another conspiracy theory to buck up the previous one.

I own you.
It was a joke. Look, you already admitted there is no systemic racism in America. Your party holds the Congress and the WH. Yet you're still angry. What will appease your anger? Please explain? Death to all that oppose your political thinking?

306-232....
lol...

Sure.

I own you.
It was a joke. Look, you already admitted there is no systemic racism in America. Your party holds the Congress and the WH. Yet you're still angry. What will appease your anger? Please explain? Death to all that oppose your political thinking?

I said racism wasn't codified.
I'm not a Democrat.

What makes you think I'm angry? You're the one calling people C U N T... clearly...you're not taking your crushing defeat well. Especially after predicting your blob was going to win. He ended up losing to someone you called a "corpse". That's gotta suck.

306-232....
lol...

Sure.

I own you.

I'm not a Democrat.

What makes you think I'm angry? You're the one calling people C U N T... clearly...you're not taking your crushing defeat well. Especially after predicting your blob was going to win. He ended up losing to someone you called a "corpse". That's gotta suck.
I called you that because you accused me of bringing race into a debate when you were the one who did it.

If you agree that a black person can legally do anything and everything I can do then there is no systemic racism. Of course there are racist people. You're not a Democrat? LOL? Denial much.

Yes, the country voted for a corpse. We have become very soft. PC culture, etc.

I am embarrassed for America, truthfully.

306-232....
lol...

Sure.

I own you.

I'm not a Democrat.

I called you that because you accused me of bringing race into a debate when you were the one who did it.

If you agree that a black person can legally do anything and everything I can do then there is no systemic racism. Of course there are racist people. You're not a Democrat? LOL? Denial much.

I said BLM rioted over something that actually happened so they had a legitimate grievance.
I agree that there is no codified racism.
You're not a white supremacist? LOL Denial Much?
Your blob lost to a corpse. That explains your unhinged anger.

306-232....
lol...

Sure.

I own you.

I'm not a Democrat.

I said BLM rioted over something that actually happened so they had a legitimate grievance.
I agree that there is no codified racism.
You're not a white supremacist? LOL Denial Much?
Your blob lost to a corpse. That explains your unhinged anger.
--- A lot of things "happen" doesn't mean you should riot. I would see if Chauvin didn't get arrested and lose his life. He did. He was condemned universally and still they rioted. Media didn't expound on how much of a dirt bag Floyd was of course.

--- So then the issue is RACIST PEOPLE. Tough to eliminate all racist people. I know. I am a Jew. I run into antisemites here and there but I don't allow them to control my life. I avoid them. Stereotyping is not racism. People make Jewish jokes around me nonstop. I find them funny. We need to chill.

--- White Supremacist? I am a Jew. White supremacists hate me. Find one post from me where I even hint at white supremacy. Hell the white supremacists on this site cannot stand me.

--- He did. He lost to a corpse, who got ~81million votes. I am sad the country is so soft.

Excerpt:

LINK

Yes, you can impeach after the person left office and it fact was ready done before.

No it is based on the CONSTITION as I have pointed out:

The impeachment clause in the Constitution is cleverly vague: “Article II, Section 4 reads that “the President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

You are no legal scholar and neither are many so called scholars who amazingly miss that section, repeat for the willfully blind:

"....shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.....”

If Trump is already out of office, he can't be convicted.......

:cool:

Excerpt:

LINK

The impeachment clause in the Constitution is cleverly vague: “Article II, Section 4 reads that “the President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

You are no legal scholar and neither are many so called scholars who amazingly miss that section, repeat for the willfully blind:

"....shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.....”

Nothing in that language prevents conviction. Removal from office is not a condition of a conviction, it's AN OUTCOME of a conviction. Just because that outcome is moot, does not mean that the conviction is not allowed.

And like I said there is already a precedent from impeachment of someone who left office.

Excerpt:

LINK

You obviously don't know how to read. Nothing in that language prevents conviction. Removal from office is not a condition of conviction, it's AN OUTCOME of conviction.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Just as I expected, you IGNORED the words of the CONSTITUTION.

:auiqs.jpg:

Excerpt:

LINK

Yep, you're jumping for joy, whoa hold on a minute, can be taken up with the new senate, lol

Whoa, hold on a minute, no it can't. "LOL" I wish you lots of luck convincing anyone that there is both law and precedent allowing such a thing after he's left office, solely for the purpose of satisfying leftists' nasty, petty little vindictiveness.

The law isn't there, the country isn't there, class and intelligence aren't there . . . all of which explains why YOUR stupid ass is.

The senate actually can wait until after the inauguration.
When the Dems have the majority, Mitch can't hold it off
Impeachers probably still won't have enough to impeach.
;But, the senate side doesn't have to do it this session

Oh, they "actually" can, can they? Please cite the law and/or precedent telling you this. I'm afraid your wishful thinking doesn't quite get it done for me.

Excerpt:

LINK

I don't actually see that in the article at all.

Forum List

Back