Mitch McConnell and the Russian Probe

Back to your tired liberal tactics. And I thought there was hope for you.
Trump's basic gripe with McConnell is that the Russia probe hasn't been shut down, but McConnell doesn't have the power to unilaterally start or end a criminal justice probe about whether a campaign broke laws. IF there was any such power, Obama would have installed Hillary. In a strange way, Trump's problems are not unlike Hillary's. The only way to shut down charges of something illegal is to put ALL the facts known at the time and say "we did this because this is what we knew." Hillary's problem was she had to know the private server was not ok. And Trump's story continually changes as we learn he's lied about what contacts occurred, and he lies again and again.

And it does matter. McConnell could have delivered on significant tax reform. But Trump wanted to do HC reform for a political purpose unrelated to running the country. He said he was going to give every one better cheaper HC on day one. He lied about that because that is just NOT POSSIBLE. So, what he required congress to do was NEVER going to happen. Now, we're on to tax reform, and Trump's litmus test is funding the fucking wall. This week, tax reform died. And now the gop is just looking at some kind of a tax cut before Thanksgiving. What a fucking turkey.

gmc15245320170818014600.jpg
I want to publicly thank you for making a post that contained no explicit personal attack. Well done!

Have more patience.

That sure is the perfect avi you picked.

That reminds me: I would like to apologize to anyone I have not insulted as of yet. Please be patient....I will get to you shortly.

Trump's basic gripe with McConnell is that the Russia probe hasn't been shut down, but McConnell doesn't have the power to unilaterally start or end a criminal justice probe about whether a campaign broke laws. IF there was any such power, Obama would have installed Hillary. In a strange way, Trump's problems are not unlike Hillary's. The only way to shut down charges of something illegal is to put ALL the facts known at the time and say "we did this because this is what we knew." Hillary's problem was she had to know the private server was not ok. And Trump's story continually changes as we learn he's lied about what contacts occurred, and he lies again and again.

And it does matter. McConnell could have delivered on significant tax reform. But Trump wanted to do HC reform for a political purpose unrelated to running the country. He said he was going to give every one better cheaper HC on day one. He lied about that because that is just NOT POSSIBLE. So, what he required congress to do was NEVER going to happen. Now, we're on to tax reform, and Trump's litmus test is funding the fucking wall. This week, tax reform died. And now the gop is just looking at some kind of a tax cut before Thanksgiving. What a fucking turkey.

I want to publicly thank you for making a post that contained no explicit personal attack. Well done!

Have more patience.

That reminds me: I would like to apologize to anyone I have not insulted as of yet. Please be patient....I will get to you shortly.

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends."
- William Butler Yeats

Same applies to enemies.....

...let's keep it this way, M'kay?

Have more patience.

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends."
- William Butler Yeats

Same applies to enemies.....

...let's keep it this way, M'kay?
The hollow crown.

Have more patience.

You give yourself way too much credit.

"You give yourself way too much credit."

I must share this with you: the tests came back...I just found out- I'm awesome!
You are definitely something.

One poll has Putin ahead of the Turtle 7%-3%. The majority of polls show him at 19% in Kentucky. If he was up for reelection this year he'd get SMOKED.

The Russia thing is about the Washington establishment overturning an election that didn't go their way and the will of the people, nothing more.

The Russia thing is about the Washington establishment overturning an election that didn't go their way and the will of the people, nothing more.
Doesn't mean it isn't a useful tool for Mitch to use against the President. Doesn't matter where or who started it. It matters who is keeping it alive. Didja notice that Mitch controls what happens in the Senate? Especially high profile investigations?

Doesn't mean it isn't a useful tool for Mitch to use against the President. Doesn't matter where or who started it. It matters who is keeping it alive. Didja notice that Mitch controls what happens in the Senate? Especially high profile investigations?
The dems have 48 seats. Even "some" gopers are "concerned" the Team Orange's ongoing revisions of what they knew and did. And a supermajority is not amused with Russian hacking and coordination with Assange.

The dems have 48 seats. Even "some" gopers are "concerned" the Team Orange's ongoing revisions of what they knew and did. And a supermajority is not amused with Russian hacking and coordination with Assange.
Interesting. How exactly do those 48 Democrats and few GOPers help Mitch to set the agenda for Committees to investigate the Russian thing? They doing that by majority vote now, are they?

Mitch is sinking his own ship, he won't be able to defend his inaction after years of selling the American people a bill of goods.

Interesting. How exactly do those 48 Democrats and few GOPers help Mitch to set the agenda for Committees to investigate the Russian thing? They doing that by majority vote now, are they?
If a maj of committee members want something done, the committee does it. There's no conspiracy. You are asserting the leader of the senate can force what other senators want done. It's never worked that way. The maj leader can only do what the consensus of his members want done. What McConnell can do, that Ryan politically cannot, is bring a bill to the floor for a vote that has to have some dem support to pass. And that's what he should have done with HC.

But if you think ANYONE - McConnell Trump anyone - can call up Richard Burr and say shut this down, you're nuts.

If a maj of committee members want something done, the committee does it. There's no conspiracy. You are asserting the leader of the senate can force what other senators want done. It's never worked that way. The maj leader can only do what the consensus of his members want done. What McConnell can do, that Ryan politically cannot, is bring a bill to the floor for a vote that has to have some dem support to pass. And that's what he should have done with HC.

But if you think ANYONE - McConnell Trump anyone - can call up Richard Burr and say shut this down, you're nuts.
Ever worked in DC?

Forum List

Back